01/05/08 [Abel 2 Starter] - Story Part 2: Starter Page

Started by Sunblink, January 04, 2008, 11:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poofyspikes

Think of all the money they could save if that wasn't the case...

sabs

Sexy Abel is very sexy. <3

Ahem, aside from that... >__>
I love the starter page - very well-drawn, considering I normally have trouble with those types of poses. I am in awe.
Also, the effects to the image were lovely, including the shadows.

Mwuah, magnificent!

Angel

Oh my sweet merciful LORD.

That is, without question, the HOTTEST picture of Abel EVER. And the best drawn. He looks amazingly resilient despite being trapped, and I know this is weird of me to mention, but his wings and the position and attention to his arms amazes me. Guzzeh.

Awesome.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

MT Hazard

I think one of Abel's key worries that left him in such a mess is that he will turn into his father and do similar terrible things. For some people the simple fact they are even capable of terrible things upset them. However I believe that any person is, it something we have to accept and live with.

Anyone think Cubi could get more worked about that kind of thing because they don't often fall  asleep and thus don't 'reset' their thinking as easily?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

rt

From the recent dmfa it looks sitting in a dungeon didn't cause abel to hate waiting around in the dark.

Caswin

...I have a rather depressing feeling that Abel's going to find himself rudely (if politely) shut down.

Great art, though.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Lorien

Well, that doesn't look like a cop-out to me.  Its such a great picture and there really needed to be one before the second half IMO.

Goatmon

Ailis

Actually, most women are doomed to become their fathers.  Oh well, at least after menopause we can twist our moustaches whist giving an evil snicker.

It occurs to me that since Abel's mom is a Being, all he has to do is wait about 50 years and then take his revenge.  Mayhaps that is why he looks so evil in that drawing...

WhiteFox

Somehow, I don't think Abel's situation growing up is unique. As far as I can tell, Abel and Dan are both -half- cubi, but are referred to as full cubi. Which make me think that all cubi are from Cubi/being parents. If that's the case, I can see a lot of Cubi having mixed up childhoods.

Anyone else notice the duality between the last comic from part one and this? It's like he's been alone, brooding in the dark for 350 years, and this is what he's turned into. Very smooth, Amber.

I have a new desktop.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Roureem Egas

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 10, 2008, 04:55:41 PM
Somehow, I don't think Abel's situation growing up is unique. As far as I can tell, Abel and Dan are both -half- cubi, but are referred to as full cubi. Which make me think that all cubi are from Cubi/being parents. If that's the case, I can see a lot of Cubi having mixed up childhoods.

Anyone else notice the duality between the last comic from part one and this? It's like he's been alone, brooding in the dark for 350 years, and this is what he's turned into. Very smooth, Amber.

I have a new desktop.

The part about all cubi being the products of Being/Cubi unions isn't exactly right, since Aaryanna herself was raised by Cubi parents.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 10, 2008, 04:58:10 PM
The part about all cubi being the products of Being/Cubi unions isn't exactly right, since Aaryanna herself was raised by Cubi parents.

Also, if each 'Cubi had a Being parent, the chances are they would be a lot less cavalier about killing Beings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 10, 2008, 04:55:41 PM

Also, on top of what Roureem and Tapewolf have said, Amber has said that 'Cubi-ness is a switch. It's either you are, or you aren't. No half-way modes. So 'Cubi have 'Cubi kids together (or possibly Beings, but this is unexplored), or you get a 'Cubi or Being from a 'Cubi-Being mix. But, either way, it's either a full Being, or a full 'Cubi.

nuff said.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kayriel

I agree with everyone else in this thread who agrees that that is one SERIOUSLY sexy Abel pin-up. ;P And it is my background.
<3 Abel

BarGamer

MY first thought was: "Sexy Abel cookie in a shadowy jar."

But in any case: Awesome art, yay! Angst, yay!

kaskar

8) Just Hanging Around ...