01/02/08 [DMFA #860] - It's just a phase... I think... I hope...

Started by techmaster-glitch, January 01, 2008, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poofyspikes

Oh. My. God.

Stop overanalyzing this, guys. He's here, he's queer, get used to it. This is a comic. C-O-M-I-C. That means things are going to happen for laughs. So Jyrras' recent flaming streak? You'd better be getting a laugh out of it, because that's why it's happening. Stop with the "onoz mah lil' Jy-squeak be going all gay-gay :U" or "lol herez mah opinion on how gay =! awesome." Once this topic's comic potential has been worn out, Jyrras will go back to being the stock geeky character we've all come to know and love. He isn't going to become the cast of Will and Grace anytime soon. Jeezus.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 02, 2008, 05:52:37 AM
This is a comic. That means things are going to happen for laughs. So Jyrras' recent flaming streak? You'd better be getting a laugh out of it, because that's why it's happening.
Abel's Story is a comic too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhiteFire

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 02, 2008, 06:10:35 AM
This is a comic. That means things are going to happen for laughs. So Jyrras' recent flaming streak? You'd better be getting a laugh out of it, because that's why it's happening.

Win. :)

Gullible

He's carrying the Katra of Dark Pegasus and will be kidnapped way in order to restore the spirit to his unearthed body, then the world will explode, and there will be no cake!

:D

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 02, 2008, 06:10:35 AM
Ugh, you know what I meant. A comic intended for leaughs.

As such, my point still stands.

Any other takers to disassemble my rant piece by piece?

NDDR

He isn't going to become the cast of Will and Grace anytime soon. Jeezus.

but what would happen if it did turn into the cast of will & grace? does that mean lorenda is grace? hmmm is jyrras will or is he jack?

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: Denyen on January 01, 2008, 07:22:47 PM
I was almost expecting Jyrras to say he was day dreaming about Dan or maybe Abel. XD
Dan and Abel ... wrestling.  In the mud, perhaps?`

And somebody need to tell Jyrras that  :ipod  (Alexsi tried, but didn't manage to break through his shell of awesomeness)
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: NDDR on January 02, 2008, 09:36:20 AM

but what would happen if it did turn into the cast of will & grace? does that mean lorenda is grace? hmmm is jyrras will or is he jack?

.. The fact that you know who the cast members are in W&G suggests that you -might- be a tad polluted already. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline  :rolleyes * Ok, can I eat Jyrras now?  Nothing humbles vain little roorats better than being eaten by a big cat!   >:3

*Charles notes that it works for humans too*  Being a chewtoy doesn't help one's self-image.   :<

*edit from Damaris- please spell humans correctly, per the rules.  Thanks.*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

sabs

Oh. My. God.

Stop overanalyzing this, guys. He's here, he's queer, get used to it. This is a comic. C-O-M-I-C. That means things are going to happen for laughs. So Jyrras' recent flaming streak? You'd better be getting a laugh out of it, because that's why it's happening. Stop with the "onoz mah lil' Jy-squeak be going all gay-gay :U" or "lol herez mah opinion on how gay =! awesome." Once this topic's comic potential has been worn out, Jyrras will go back to being the stock geeky character we've all come to know and love. He isn't going to become the cast of Will and Grace anytime soon. Jeezus.

I don't think I see any overanalyzing/overreacting here considering that we probably already know your point, and we're just throwing opinions around.

Besides, it's always good to build the drama and speculations: that way, the next comic update will be more surprising/effective. <3

That's my response, anyway. :3 -nod nod-

NDDR

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 02, 2008, 11:24:56 AM
Quote from: NDDR on January 02, 2008, 09:36:20 AM

.. The fact that you know who the cast members are in W&G suggests that you -might- be a tad polluted already. ;-]

of course i know the characters, its hard to watch a series and not who's in it. when jyrras set's up his own one man play then i'll know who he is. i can imagine it now, just jyrras 2k8.

Schol-R-LEA

This is what's called 'trying too hard', Jyrras. Don't worry, you're not the only one to fall into that trap.

OTOH, I have to admit that the whole 'huge weight off your shoulders' aspect of coming out can do this to a person.

This is gonna be sooooo funny....

Don

He's here, he's queer, get used to it.

By chance did you referance delta farce with that line? Just my random curiosity.

superluser

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 02, 2008, 07:03:47 AMAny other takers to disassemble my rant piece by piece?

I could.

But I'd feel really crappy about it afterwards.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry.  Knowing Jyrras, crushing self-doubt and depression will set in shortly.

...or is that just me?

Quote from: 96Zack96 on January 02, 2008, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 02, 2008, 05:52:37 AMHe's here, he's queer, get used to it.
By chance did you referance delta farce with that line? Just my random curiosity.

Isn't that a standard Gay Pride march chant?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on January 02, 2008, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on January 02, 2008, 01:22:02 PM
Isn't that a standard Gay Pride march chant?

What, to quote Delta Farce?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Poofyspikes

Actually, if you look in the newest version of the homosexuality contract, quoting Delta Farce is the new big requirement of being gay. Sodomy comes second.

rt

Me thinks Alexi shoud not corrct Jyrras and let him go around and be fabulous and awesome  >:3

Kenji

Quote from: rt on January 02, 2008, 06:41:26 PM
Me thinks Alexi should not correct Jyrras and let him go around and be fabulous and awesome  >:3

Well, it would be hilarious to see Jyrras with a swagger.
"Hey Jy, want some fries with that?"
"Fries? With wha-- Oh, haha."

Akisohida

Quote from: Netrogo on January 01, 2008, 06:56:05 PM
I'd try to say something to defend gay people but honestly, after walking down Church St and being around the film industry I can honestly say that aLOT of gay people are really freaking vain.

I have had a number of gay people in my life. There was always at least one gay person at each job I have had (I have had 5 different jobs) and there are two at my current job..and none of them have been vain. I think that is just a Jy-Jy thing, not a gay thing. :mowmeep

Silly Jy, finding yourself is good. Getting full of yourself is bad. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Alondro

Quote from: Akisohida on January 02, 2008, 07:28:50 PM
I'd try to say something to defend gay people but honestly, after walking down Church St and being around the film industry I can honestly say that aLOT of gay people are really freaking vain.

*Charline hmphs and arms herself with RAID*  I'll bet you could help him with the 'full of yourself' part... by sucking out all his juices until he's naught but a huge-eared husk!!  Evil spidee!   *paw swats*  :<   
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Quote from: Alondro on January 02, 2008, 08:50:21 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on January 02, 2008, 07:28:50 PM

*Charline hmphs and arms herself with RAID*  I'll bet you could help him with the 'full of yourself' part... by sucking out all his juices until he's naught but a huge-eared husk!!  Evil spidee!   *paw swats*  :<   

this from the lady who wants to chew our little roo rat right up

Naldru

Jyrras  tends to go about everything in an over-analytical, over-organized fashion.  Having determined that he is gay (whether or not this is a correct assumption), he has apparently decided to be systematic about being gay and to follow the various instructions in the rule book.

I can just picture a conversation with Dan.

Dan:  Being gay doesn't mean that you have to participate in every stereotypical gay activity every day.  Not being gay doesn't mean I have to chase women every day.

Jyrras:  But you do.

Dan:  Yes, but it's my choice.  It's not a requirement.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Don

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 02, 2008, 05:26:29 PM
Actually, if you look in the newest version of the homosexuality contract, quoting Delta Farce is the new big requirement of being gay. Sodomy comes second.

Huh, that's interesting, well thanks for answering my question.

Quote from: rt on January 02, 2008, 06:41:26 PM
Me thinks Alexi shoud not corrct Jyrras and let him go around and be fabulous and awesome  >:3

Well, at least he'd learn on his own then...though learning things through experiance usually sucks, but it's all part of life.

s0ckninja

Well, coming out has had a different effect on each of my gay friends, some of them went through a hair-chameleon phase, some of them got all emo, some of them embraced their inner nerd, and one guy just watched the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in one sitting.

I guess vanity could be another reaction. I dunno.

I can't say what it was like when I came out seeing as I've told only a handful of people.  :/

Poofyspikes

Quote from: 96Zack96 on January 02, 2008, 11:29:05 PM
Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 02, 2008, 05:26:29 PM

Huh, that's interesting, well thanks for answering my question.

Actually, I don't think I did. And my answer is nope, never even seen or heard of the movie until now. I swear, sometimes my snarky comments are just wasted on you guys.

superluser

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 02, 2008, 05:26:29 PMActually, if you look in the newest version of the homosexuality contract, quoting Delta Farce is the new big requirement of being gay. Sodomy comes second.

Must make it awkward for lesbians.  :B

Kenji

Nothing is impossible when you have technology. *nods sagely*

superluser

Quote from: Kenji on January 03, 2008, 02:15:20 AMNothing is impossible when you have technology. *nods sagely*

Never said it was impossible, just awkward (emotionally awkward).

Kenji