Favorite characters thread!

Started by Hermie, December 14, 2007, 02:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kuari on December 17, 2007, 05:29:14 AM
Oh hey, you're that guy that got shonen-ai'd to death by Jy.

Yeah. To death. Sure.

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

I like them all in varying ways but here is my list of the top ones I like and why.

Dan: Adventurous, friendly, loyal, funny and a big show off.  The kind of guy you would want as a friend if you can handle all the insanity.

Mab: Bubbly, cute, smart, adorable, intelligent, funny and sweet (well... the character she's playing).  Mab is like a transformer, she's more than meets the eye, not to mention she has perfect timing.

Alexsi:  She's beautiful, skilled, level headed, fearsome and caring.  She's the relatively normal one of the bunch but that doesn't stop her from being interesting and worth staying around.  Not to mention she's so hot when she's on a murderous rampage  :mowtongue.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kuari

Quote from: e_voyager on December 17, 2007, 06:00:50 AM
well not every dragon can be gold, red or sliver

Well I was thinking he should TECHNICALLY be red considering his wings...

But meh, I prefer blue dragons and their lightning breath

Eibborn

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 17, 2007, 01:47:02 AM
I am immensely satisfied that no one has mentioned my cameo appearance as their favourite.

Now I can fade back into anonymity! :D

He said, drawing attention to it...  :rolleyes

My favourite has been Azlan for a long time. Haven't seen him in a long time, actually.
/kicks the internet over

Hermie

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 14, 2007, 02:21:40 PM
Helpful reminder to all people.

Jyrras has an ass...but it isn't in his name.

Wow. I totally butchered that. I should be attacked by mows... ^^;

... And wasn't there a Janus somewhere in the actual Bond series? It sounds familiar.

*searches*

Yep. He was from GoldenEye. I thought I remembered it from the game...

... And all of the characters are so well developed that you've gotta love them all. ^^

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Kuari on December 17, 2007, 02:50:31 PM

Well, that's really only a small amount of blue dragons that have lightning breath, most have frost-based magic. I myself, well I just freaking love dragons.

And so, Pyroduck is most certainly my favorite. His personality is awesome.

Kuari

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on December 17, 2007, 10:50:40 PM
Quote from: Kuari on December 17, 2007, 02:50:31 PM

Well, that's really only a small amount of blue dragons that have lightning breath, most have frost-based magic. I myself, well I just freaking love dragons.

And so, Pyroduck is most certainly my favorite. His personality is awesome.

Actually, last I checked, it was white dragons that had frost breath...  at least going by DnD

...that's an interesting question though...  which breath weapon would a brown dragon like Pyroduck have?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kuari

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 18, 2007, 02:57:18 PM
Stench? Or is that green?

Green was poison gas...  aaaand according to Wiki...  brown dragons use acid just like black dragons..

Amber Williams

I tend to avoid going off D&D when I can...so odds are you are likely to find just as many blue dragons who can breathe fire, as there are red dragons that can breathe acid. 

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2007, 03:17:07 PM
I tend to avoid going off D&D when I can...so odds are you are likely to find just as many blue dragons who can breathe fire, as there are red dragons that can breathe acid. 
Heh...  just as long as they don't all breathe fire.

Amber Williams

Considering I've yet to draw one breathing anything...they might have no breath weapons at all. I haven't really decided to be honest. It's not something I consider important or noteworthy. :/

Kenji

Make a dragon that breathes puppies.. >.>
The lusive Poodlegon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was just wondering, actually. I based my suggestion on a fairly simple idea.

... when did we last see Pyro clean his teeth? ;-]

Amber Williams

When did we last see any DMFA character clean their teeth?  You'd think with the amount of times I haven't shown them brushing...they'd be ripe with cavities!

Sid

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2007, 03:27:19 PMI've yet to draw one breathing anything...

Hmmmm... this explains a lot, actually...

(Yes, I know, that movie has been quoted to death, and it's most likely not what she had meant, but... it's oddly fitting and made me giggle a bit :P)
:boogie

techmaster-glitch

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 18, 2007, 04:26:02 PM
When did we last see any DMFA character clean their teeth?  You'd think with the amount of times I haven't shown them brushing...they'd be ripe with cavities!

Precisely my point. What, you didn't see how far into my cheek I had my tongue? ;-]

NDDR

If cameos class then Equidna when he showed up as lunch, if cameos don't count then probly Jyrras.

Although i also like Pyroduck due to the whole, he's a dragon.

like Lorenda and Matilda aswell though.

sooo hard to pick a favorite.

not all blue dragons are lightning, not all white ones are ice, im blue and i do ice and fire. lol white ones are albanian/albino, i dunno which spelling fits the beady red eyes n white thing.

e_voyager

my favorite dragons tend to reside on Pern as opposed to DND
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kuari

I must ask though...  what's with the dragons sitting/laying on things running gag?

Amber Williams

Kuari

Amber Williams

Not really.  They tend to match size with the large-variety of dragons.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2007, 02:26:37 AM
They're big. :U

now you've given me mental images of dragons picking folks out from between their toes.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2007, 03:18:07 AM
Not really.  They tend to match size with the large-variety of dragons.

OK, let me reword that then...  they're apparently bigger then any of the dragons you've shown...

though one must ask....  why does Pyroduck keep his hair in his dragon form?  A dragon with hair seems a bit...  different...  or did he perhaps not fully transform?

Amber Williams

I wouldn't say they were necessarily bigger. Red Dragon (from the old Dark Pegasus arc) was pretty large.  Also there was a scene of a dragon who had sat on a Pinto...she wasn't exactly tiny.  The only dragon I could guess you are using the size comparison is Pyroduck himself.

As for his hair...that's just the way it is I guess.  The dragon in the demonology 101 section has hair as well.  Some dragons in Furrae simply have manes rather than a ridge of spikes or whatnot.

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2007, 04:46:08 AM
I wouldn't say they were necessarily bigger. Red Dragon (from the old Dark Pegasus arc) was pretty large.  Also there was a scene of a dragon who had sat on a Pinto...she wasn't exactly tiny.  The only dragon I could guess you are using the size comparison is Pyroduck himself.

As for his hair...that's just the way it is I guess.  The dragon in the demonology 101 section has hair as well.  Some dragons in Furrae simply have manes rather than a ridge of spikes or whatnot.

Hmm...  I looked and for some reason I remembered them being bigger...  oh well, my mistake..

rabid_fox

I want to point out too - I had absurd amounts of fun reading Devin's lines. He was ace, even with the closet homosexuality.

Oh dear.

Hermie

Avoid D&D. It's evil.

If you've ever seen 8-bit D&D, you'll know what I mean.

"Am I getting drunk? Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!"

Dragons are pure win. I actually wrote a 90-page screenplay for my creative writing class with most of the characters being dragons.. It died, though. But since I'm getting myself a laptop (YAY!!! ^^), I just might revive it and turn it into a novel.

If you want to learn how to draw dragons, Jessica Peffer has some books on that. She's quite good. She goes into detail with each type of dragon, including ones from different mythologies. The typical medival dragon is much different from a Japanese one, if you didn't know.

Drakes are the perfect dragons for pets. Travel size! ^^ I once had a dream where I had a very small dragon that would sit on my shoulder...

My girlfriend's mom has a wonderful sticker on her car, that reads:
"Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
She also gave me a drawing she did of a pair of drakes around a heart... they SO remind me of Pip.

Okay, now to attempt to steer this thread back on-topic...

What moments made you decide that you really liked a certain character?

For me, with Wildy, it was her "if guys can, so can I" moment where she answered the door shirtless.

And for Jyrras... I don't know. I've just found him so cute! Especially when he was falling for Abel.. That one strip where he blushed and had the little heart thing float up was just adorable. Even though I'm a guy, and straight, I'd so hug Jyrras.