new and different
2 (25%)
lame
0 (0%)
hah haa~, Sienna's trying to limit her postingz XD
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Sienna Maiu - M T

So, I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago and now here I am.

What was(/is) your school logo?
Also, what about mascot?

I'll start. (ch'yeah right. as if I wouldn't)

Facere faciendo discimus
"We Learn to Do By Doing"

Our mascot was the Lion.

techmaster-glitch

Hey, my school mascot was the lion! I don't know if we had a slogan, though...

Cogidubnus

My highschool mascot was also a lion. Strange.

xHaZxMaTx

I'm gonna do my high school, since I know next to nothing about my college. :B

We were the Highland Scotsmen, and my friend (the bagpiping ninja) was the mascot.  He wore his kilt + beret and played the bagpipes before the football games.

I don't think we had a slogan, but we had a chant:
S-C S-C S-C-O-T *clap, clap, clap clap clap* S-M S-M S-M-E-N *clap, clap, clap clap clap* S-C-O-T *clap clap clap* S-M-E-N *clap clap clap* Gooooo Scotsmen!

superluser

Ha!  My high school didn't have a lion for a mascot.  They had a mountain lion, instead!

Actually, I attended two high schools, and the other one didn't really have a mascot.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

DarkAudit

My high school's mascot was named for the school yearbook! Morgantown High Annual was shortened to Mohigan. Because it sounded kid of like Mohican, the school adopted an indian mascot.

Don Knotts was once on the yearbook staff, and David Selby (Dark Shadows, Falcon Crest) is also an alum.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Sienna Maiu - M T

hah! XD many lions, that's kind of cool!

Our new school's lame new mascot and motto are;
The Phoenix and "Courage. Honour. Strength"

The sad thing is we actually took a vote.

Our old rival was "The Fighting Irish" I don't know their motto however. Some latin thing or another.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I should go look up the mascots and mottos of my two high schools. Or, at least, what are the equivalent of high schools, although in NZ, they're called secondary school, or college.

The first one was "Respice Stellam - Voca Mariam" Look to the star, call upon Mary. Being a Marist college, this is hardly surprising.

The second one had "Be Worthy"

Interesting. I don't think I ever ran across that one while I was there...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

I went to De La Salle in New Orleans.  We were the Cavaliers.  There's some kind of slogan I think, "De La Salle Lead On".  I couldn't sing past the first line of the Alma Mater, but I can hum the fight song.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 26, 2007, 07:59:38 PM
I'm gonna do my high school, since I know next to nothing about my college. :B

We were the Highland Scotsmen, and my friend (the bagpiping ninja) was the mascot.  He wore his kilt + beret and played the bagpipes before the football games.

I don't think we had a slogan, but we had a chant:
S-C S-C S-C-O-T *clap, clap, clap clap clap* S-M S-M S-M-E-N *clap, clap, clap clap clap* S-C-O-T *clap clap clap* S-M-E-N *clap clap clap* Gooooo Scotsmen!

I find that offensive!

xHaZxMaTx

Then go complain to the school. :razz
Mind if I ask what about it is offensive?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 27, 2007, 11:15:50 AM
Then go complain to the school. :razz
Mind if I ask what about it is offensive?

You offend my Scottish heritage with this Bagpipe-Ninja character! All bagpipers are pirates in this bonny land!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 27, 2007, 11:36:51 AM
You offend my Scottish heritage with this Bagpipe-Ninja character! All bagpipers are pirates in this bonny land!

He's not in this bonny land, though.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 27, 2007, 12:31:49 PM
Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 27, 2007, 11:36:51 AM

He's not in this bonny land, though.

But still, all Scots are Pirates. we are sea-born by nature, not land-luvvin ninjas.

xHaZxMaTx

Well, you tell him that.  He'll ninja you to death, then play the pipes at your funeral. >:3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on November 27, 2007, 09:32:03 AM
I went to De La Salle in New Orleans.  We were the Cavaliers.  There's some kind of slogan I think, "De La Salle Lead On".  I couldn't sing past the first line of the Alma Mater, but I can hum the fight song.

I see you're trying to brag about going to private school ;P
oh really? We have a Caveliers around here too ^-^
theyhaveareallygoodcheerleadingteam...

Ryudo Lee

I've always gone to private schools, so it's not really bragging.  It's more a statement of fact.  In any case, the school has since gone downhill since my graduation year (1999).  That was the last year that the principal that was there during my time there would be there.  He's since moved on to another Christian Brother's School.  Starting in 2000 they lost the Blue Ribbon award, let go of some of their best teachers (pre- and post-Katrina), and even lost one of the Brothers to old age.  The then president of the school decided to take on being principal as well (so she could pull in two paychecks) but that position was then given to another member of the faculty (who didn't deserve it and has since been mucking things up), and the president was simply using the school to advance her own political agenda, which was the last thing I heard about it.  Nowadays the only thing I hear from them is how much money they want me to "donate".

superluser

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 27, 2007, 11:15:50 AMMind if I ask what about it is offensive?

I think it would have to be that Lord Wahoo mascot.

lucas marcone

i went to Chambersburg Area Senior High School or CASHS our mascot was the trojan.....but my aunt went to Morhead and their mascot was also the trojans.....my aunt was a morhead trojan.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... so cheques made out to your school were made out to cash?

Miaka

I have no idea what the school's motto is.

but, the mascot is this sculpture of a Native American "hunter", apparently that's behind the town's library.

'cept... some dude torched it off the football feild.
So it's not really there too much.

Sienna Maiu - M T

awwh... that sucks.

In other news;
People like making fun of Sienna :<

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 29, 2007, 06:29:08 AM
In other news;
People like making fun of Sienna :<

It's not that.  It's just that we're all a pack of smart asses.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well, I must win the most of all to have included it. :B

Brunhidden

for the records i do not enjoy poking fun at sienna, i like her and will be no more mischievous with her then anyone else.... except for bill, e voyager, and possibly that other guy i forget the name  just cause thats kinda what you do with those people.

my 'collage' was a tech school so i cant do much on it, but my high school was rich in stupidity

our mascot was an owl.... a roadkill owl. early on in the 70s a teacher hit one on the way to school and took it with (anyone who speaks to me much knows this is the swamplands where thats good grub) and later had it stuffed and put in the trophy case.

the owl is still there today, and is unofficially dubbed 'hootie' by the students. theres even a big owl suit for the mascot, and i wore it once to do a commercial for the small store me and a few other people started inside of the school (we moved at least 200 dollars of gum, mentos, and pens a day, but were forbidden to take profit)
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 29, 2007, 06:29:08 AMPeople like making fun of Sienna :<

Just to cheer you up, I will now make fun of Miaka.

Quote from: Miaka on November 28, 2007, 06:48:22 PMthe mascot is this sculpture of a Native American "hunter", apparently that's behind the town's library.

'cept... some dude torched it off the football feild.
So it's not really there too much.

Well, at least they didn't stuff cheese up its nose.

DoctaMario

My high school's mascot was a Purple Eagle and my college's was the Devil.   :zombiekun2

I didn't have much school spirit, so.... :P

Sienna Maiu - M T

My presumed future University mascot is something called a "Mystic". I'm not sure, but I think that's some sort of cat.

xHaZxMaTx

That reminds me of my town's old hockey team: The Bakersfield Fog.  Oooh, intimidating. :B

Sienna Maiu - M T