Has anyone else noticed...?

Started by Britesoul, November 24, 2007, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ

Quote from: Tikki on December 01, 2007, 08:48:52 AM
Hold on then. If Edward were a 'cubi as well, wouldn't that make Alexsi one as well? She certainly seems to not be. Or is it possible for the gene to skip and not make one.

Edward's not a cubi and Alexsi had a different mother.  :)

Naldru

Hold on then. If Edward were a 'cubi as well, wouldn't that make Alexsi one as well? She certainly seems to not be. Or is it possible for the gene to skip and not make one.
The question of whether Edward were a cubi has come up before.  If you parse Amber's statements carefully, she has been emphatically ambiguous over whether this might be the case.  In addition, Alexsi has never referred to Edward as her biological father, although she made it clear that Destania wasn't her biological mother.  Once again, Amber explicitly left the door open.  I may hunt up the references later and include them as edits to this post.

Edit:

Here's the post
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AndersW

Alexsi's cast page says that Destania is her Step-Mother and that Edward is her father.

I remember when I came up with a similar theory.  I thought it was stupid and went looking for evidence to disprove it.  I ended up with a suspicious lack of evidence.

Rafe

Quote from: Royden on November 26, 2007, 12:58:58 AM
Quote from: WhiteFire on November 25, 2007, 05:13:48 AM
I swear sometimes you encourage the tinfoil hatting on these forums... :)

Isn't that half the fun?  :mwaha

Fun?! 
I'll have you know that when it comes to foil, Amber is deadly serious.  Viz:

Rafe

Anri

Quote from: RJ on December 01, 2007, 09:13:47 AM

Edward's not a cubi and Alexsi had a different mother.  :)

Yes, that's my point. :3

zopey

why does it seem that everyone in DMFA wnows Dan and ither
hates his guts and is out to kill him
respects him and will protect him at all costs
lent him money and expects it back
or all three (perododicly)

kaskar

Quote from: Britesoul on November 24, 2007, 08:51:34 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed in the forum before,

but I joined just to ask.

Has anyone else noticed how simular Dan and Abel's fathers look?

I think they're the same guy, seeing as Dan and Abel both claim their dads were away for long periods of time. He could have easily gone back and fourth between families.

That's what I think,
anyway.

Anybody else think so?

:3

8) Don't know if that is the case. I feel that Destina would have spotted another of her race, first up ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Izkata

Why would the Dragons have Edward of there wasn't something special about him?

My guess is that Aniz is Edward, and Aniz was planning something that the Dragons wouldn't like for some reason or other.  He got Destania to join him, and then when the Dragons captured him, they didn't kill him because they new someone else was helping him and wants to trap them, too...  So they've set a trap around wherever Edward/Aniz is being held.

Netrogo

Quote from: Naldru on December 01, 2007, 10:06:02 AM
The question of whether Edward were a cubi has come up before.  If you parse Amber's statements carefully, she has been emphatically ambiguous over whether this might be the case.  In addition, Alexsi has never referred to Edward as her biological father, although she made it clear that Destania wasn't her biological mother.  Once again, Amber explicitly left the door open.  I may hunt up the references later and include them as edits to this post.

Edit:

Here's the post

Actually in that regard we can be fairly certain that Alexsi's biological mother was not a cubi since she died when Alexsi was very young. If that's the case then the cubi gene may have skipped Alexsi. As Amber said you either are or you aren't. Dan is, she isn't. So in that case maybe Ed is a cubi and that could be the explanation for why Destania (One of the most evil cubi in the world according to Abel) didn't eat him.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

techmaster-glitch

Jeeze...Alexi's mother was an Amazon already! I know that's been said before!

kaskar

8) If Edward was Cubi, what clan is he from ?  Didn't spot the distintive mark Aniz had. Then again, maybe it's just one of those things. Destina's clanmark is even on the bed ...

8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: kaskar on December 02, 2007, 12:47:00 AM
If Edward was Cubi, what clan is he from ?  Didn't spot the distintive mark Aniz had.
See if you can find a clear shot of Edward's left wrist.

Quote from: Izkata on December 01, 2007, 11:13:19 PM
My guess is that [Edward] was planning something that the Dragons wouldn't like for some reason or other.  He got Destania to join him, and then when the Dragons captured him
If you look back at the conversation with Biggs and Destania, you'll find it seems to be her idea.  In that case, and as the dialogue implies, the dragons would likely be using Edward to get at her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 02, 2007, 07:05:56 AM
Quote from: kaskar on December 02, 2007, 12:47:00 AM
If Edward was Cubi, what clan is he from ?  Didn't spot the distintive mark Aniz had.

See if you can find a clear shot of Edward's left wrist.

You can't.  The only time his left wrist even appears on screen is in 298, and then it is covered up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on December 02, 2007, 11:20:19 AM
You can't.  The only time his left wrist even appears on screen is in 298, and then it is covered up.
I was hoping he'd figure that out himself...

Netrogo

My fiance brought up an interesting theory, and since crazy theories are all the rage....

If Edward is infact a Cubi and Alexsi's mom was not. Alexsi could very well be a Cubi and just hiding it. We know for a fact that she never actually denied it as seen here. She just points out that Destania isn't her real mom, she completely skips saying no or anything to the likes of denying her possible cubiness. Just denies that she'd have gotten it from Destania.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on December 02, 2007, 12:41:55 PM
If Edward is infact a Cubi and Alexsi's mom was not. Alexsi could very well be a Cubi and just hiding it.

I think Dan might have noticed the wings, especially when they disappeared.  Also, wouldn't Dee have wanted her to go to SAIA too?

Netrogo

Maybe Destania thought it better for her to stay and look after Dan. Other then adventuring it's been proven that Dan seems incapable of supporting himself, if not for the cubi not needing to eat thing he'd have died years ago from alcohol poisoning alone. Also Destania was a teacher at the academy herself, she could have taught Alexsi all the basic things she needed to know to get by before leaving (mental shield, shape shifting to hide wings, etc...)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on December 02, 2007, 01:44:55 PM
Maybe Destania thought it better for her to stay and look after Dan. Other then adventuring it's been proven that Dan seems incapable of supporting himself, if not for the cubi not needing to eat thing he'd have died years ago from alcohol poisoning alone.

I don't know about that.  He's a widely-traveled adventurer, so he's not completely helpless.

QuoteAlso Destania was a teacher at the academy herself, she could have taught Alexsi all the basic things she needed to know to get by before leaving (mental shield, shape shifting to hide wings, etc...)
But a normal 'Cubi can only do those things when they mature at around 24.  She's 27, which means that unless she has some kind of patch, she would have had wings until about three years ago.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 02, 2007, 02:03:33 PM
Maybe Destania thought it better for her to stay and look after Dan. Other then adventuring it's been proven that Dan seems incapable of supporting himself, if not for the cubi not needing to eat thing he'd have died years ago from alcohol poisoning alone.

I don't know about that.  He's a widely-traveled adventurer, so he's not completely helpless.

and as a widely traveled adventurer he has a full inventory of loot he got from things he killed, body parts of things he killed which are worth money to mages and alchemists, stacks of weapons that he has not used sinse he got the better one at the next town, sacks of low level magic items that do not do anything useful for him, and probably a few favors owed to him by gratious royalty

almost none of it shows up on bank accounts, but hes gotta have some stashed somewhere
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sienna Maiu - M T

magic :U

(except here it's literal.)
based on time constraints, I plan to edit this post later.

zopey

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 02, 2007, 03:07:54 PM

and as a widely traveled adventurer he has a full inventory of loot he got from things he killed, body parts of things he killed which are worth money to mages and alchemists, stacks of weapons that he has not used sinse he got the better one at the next town, sacks of low level magic items that do not do anything useful for him, and probably a few favors owed to him by gratious royalty

almost none of it shows up on bank accounts, but hes gotta have some stashed somewhere

well how come he owes so many people money

Naldru

QuoteAlso Destania was a teacher at the academy herself, she could have taught Alexsi all the basic things she needed to know to get by before leaving (mental shield, shape shifting to hide wings, etc...)
But a normal 'Cubi can only do those things when they mature at around 24.  She's 27, which means that unless she has some kind of patch, she would have had wings until about three years ago.
Did anyone notice what happened to the amulet that Abel got from Kria?  Of course there would have only been one amulet, so it would only have been possible to conceal the nature of only one offspring.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

zopey

maybe alexsi has been subconciusly hiding her wings

Eibborn

I kinda doubt it. In Dan's and Able's cases, they were pretty sproingy.

That is, if I recall correctly. The comics in question are strangely elusive...
/kicks the internet over

Tapewolf

Quote from: zopey on December 03, 2007, 05:25:58 PM
A couple of points - firstly, the powers only work when you mature.  Secondly, she had no-one to instruct her in how to hide them that we know of, since Dee left more than five years ago.  Thirdly, she didn't seem to know about the wing tentacles in #381, or she would probably not have phoned Aary.

Quote from: Naldru on December 03, 2007, 04:47:55 PM
Did anyone notice what happened to the amulet that Abel got from Kria?  Of course there would have only been one amulet, so it would only have been possible to conceal the nature of only one offspring.
We don't know what happened to it.  That's an interesting point, but I think we'd have noticed a skull-shaped piece of jewellery given how out-of-character for her that would be.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 04, 2007, 07:32:13 AM
Quote from: zopey on December 03, 2007, 05:25:58 PM
A couple of points - firstly, the powers only work when you mature.  Secondly, she had no-one to instruct her in how to hide them that we know of, since Dee left more than five years ago.  Thirdly, she didn't seem to know about the wing tentacles in #381, or she would probably not have phoned Aary.

1. How do we REALLY know that she hasn't matured yet? 2. She could very well be old enough to have got instruction. 3. Cubi are good actors!

Netrogo

Valid points Tape. We could say that calling Aary was part of her way of hiding the truth about herself though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on December 04, 2007, 07:35:57 AM
1. How do we REALLY know that she hasn't matured yet?
2. She could very well be old enough to have got instruction.
3. Cubi are good actors!

1: Her cast page.
2: Her cast page.
3: Granted. However, how would she deal with Pyro? Is she lying to him, too? If she was a Cubi, she'd know about the Dragon/Cubi rivalry, no?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on December 04, 2007, 07:35:57 AM
1. How do we REALLY know that she hasn't matured yet? 2. She could very well be old enough to have got instruction.
That's not what I meant... the profile says she's 27.  If they come in at around 24, that means she would already have come into her 'Cubihood while Dan was around.  We don't know for sure when Dan quit adventuring, but I'd say it was in his late teens, or at a pinch when he was 21.  He said 'many years ago' which IMHO is more than three.  That would mean that he would have witnessed the arrival of her headwings.  It also means that unless she had a patch she'd have had wings as a child like Dan.

As for the instruction, that needs another 'Cubi.  We don't know when Dee left either, but the implication is that it was when Dan was still young.  Alexsi would therefore have been too young to benefit from any instruction since her powers would have been at least a decade off.

**EDIT**
Actually, Amber has mentioned that the headwings do sometimes come in late, occasionally in the 40s or 50s - probably depends on the lifestyle of the individual, how much magic they cast etc.  Nonetheless I think we're drifting firmly into Occam's Razor territory (even more than the rest of this idea :P)

Kasarn

Quintinga was an amazon (Alexsi's cast page)
There is an all-Were amazon tribe (Were Demonology 101)
Therefore, Quintinga may have been a Were
Thus, Alexsi may be a Were

Hey, it's about as legit as her being a Cubi :>