The Useless-But-Interesting Information Thread

Started by DoctaMario, November 14, 2007, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

Useless but interesting fact: Certain Eastern languages do not distinct between "Green" and "Blue", or only have recently done so.

meany

Useless but interesting fact: Albert Einstein was married to his own cousin.

superluser

Quote from: Darkdragon on December 15, 2007, 11:15:01 PMUseless but interesting fact: Certain Eastern languages do not distinct between "Green" and "Blue", or only have recently done so.

Two famous examples for discussing qualia are grue and bleen.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Raist on December 15, 2007, 09:25:41 PM
Quote from: meany on December 15, 2007, 02:05:32 PM
Useless but intresting fact 1: It is physicaly impossible to lick your own elbow.

Useless but intresting fact 2: 75% of the people who read UBIF 1 shall attempt to prove it wrong and fail.  >:3

Useless but intresting fact 3: Connecticut and Rhode Island never ratified the 18th Amendment: Prohibition.

Useless but interesting fact 4: my little sister defies UBIF1, and we have photographic evidence.

Can lick her own nose, too.  She's got a giraffe tongue...

i can lick the nose. its great for freaking people out.

Brunhidden

Ditto here, i have a Gene Simmons toung... when Eowyn was about 7 months old or so i tried to teach her to stick out her toung and 'throw up the horns' on cue, she almost got it, and has done it by accident several times now. 

results varry

:peace + :baby + :P = :superlick
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 16, 2007, 07:26:34 AM
Ditto here, i have a Gene Simmons toung... when Eowyn was about 7 months old or so i tried to teach her to stick out her toung and 'throw up the horns' on cue, she almost got it, and has done it by accident several times now. 

results varry

:peace + :baby + :P = :superlick

Need to try that...

EDIT: i just did and bashed my arm on the radiator...ow.

e_voyager

if you edit your post within 1 minute of posting the edit subscript does not appear.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

xHaZxMaTx

I thought it was 15 seconds.  Let's find out.

-EDIT-
Seems to be 30 seconds.

e_voyager

your post subscript  shows 1 second longer the a minute hazzy
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

xHaZxMaTx

Angel

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 16, 2007, 06:55:41 AM
i can lick the nose. its great for freaking people out.

Same here! My tongue is freakishly long. All my friends think it's gross but amazingly awesome. I can do the best Alucard impressions, too...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

e_voyager

i have been accused of having no soul so on of my characters is literally soulless with nothing more then a kernel of a proto soul to help it relay the the world of the living he has 3 span ( roughly 1200 years) to either find his soul or build and new one or he'll be soulless until his final destruction during this time he's pretty much the echo of the voyager each death kicking him back in time a few moments to try again until he gets it right or gives up and runs

Sufurin Scorda

Research suggests that the ability to do mirror writing is probably inherited and caused by atypical language organization in the brain. It is not known how many people in the population inherited the ability of mirror writing (an Australian researcher estimates the proportion to be 1 in 6500).

Half of the children of people with the ability inherited it. There are more left-handed mirror writers than right-handed ones, probably because left-handed people tend to have atypical language centres in their brain.

- Wikipedia :B

(I think it's interesting 'cuz I can mirror-write. :U But my mirror-written words are neater and easier to read than my sloppy non-mirror-written ones. :< Bawww, no one can tell the different between my a's and e's and o's (and sometimes u's :dface)

Brunhidden

Socrates learned to dance when he was seventy because he felt that an essential part of himself had been neglected

QuoteYou already have a quote, go away
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Darkdragon

In a group of 23 or more people, there is at least a 1 in 2 chance of two people having the same birthday.

There exists a math question with a $1,000,000 standing prize.