Easter Eggs?

Started by LoneHowler, November 12, 2007, 07:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat feet

ok i feel better now i found the other one

Fex

*has foam around my mouth* me found them ..... hehehehehe me found them *is dragged away by men in white*

xHaZxMaTx

Caswin

*Waving/pointing finger at computer* I got you, I got you...!

[/Jumpin' Jack Flash]
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Caswin on November 12, 2007, 05:28:59 PM
*Waving/pointing finger at computer* I got you, I got you...!

[/Jumpin' Jack Flash]

great film, need to watch that soon.

b flat.

MT Hazard

Always the way, if your looking for it its hard to find, if your not looking for any more you'll probably trip over it. 

Oh and firefox does have a feature that list links off a page, hasn't helped me yet. Well I'm not going to get obsessed or worked up about it. Still a nice idea though.

Edit: Nobody posts for ages and then four people post while I'm trying to, what's up with that?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Reaver225

Only one of the links work in internet explorer. I had to type the other in manually to access the secret pages...

EDIT: Ok, now, when I go back to double-check, they work fine! D'oh!

Nino

Yay I found one =D

I'll give you guys a hint too: don't try randomly guessing urls, and the tab button is your friend =D

Foxfire

I'm going to be honest here, I've been searching ol natural, but I've come to learn I suck! So, I'm going to put my keyboard in a room with a thousand ferrets and odds are in a day they will have accidentally clicked the right button.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 12, 2007, 04:21:26 PM
Using tools? Yes.  Promoting said tools and apparently using the unnoffical chat as a base of operations? No.

If I'd been awake at the time, I would have slapped down any and all said perpetrator(s). "Don't discuss" means don't discuss. End of Subject.

(having reviewed the logs and discovered it -wasn't- me... being some 3-4 hours prior to me starting looking)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charles finds one!*  Whoo-hoo!

*Charline giggles as she has rigged his computer to show a fake link!*   :giggle

*Charles gasps!*  It... it's ME!!!   :U

*Charline grins as he reads down and learns how he's going to die!*   >:3

*Charles EEK!!!*  NOES!!!  Not like that!  Oh the humanity!   D:

NOTE:  I did actually find one!  But I have to give up on the second.  Just too much lab work to do all night long.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

computer nerd

hey when will we see them not hidden  :3

GabrielsThoughts

wait was the horrifying music video there before or after Zina was banned?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rika Banpaia

I've been searching for hours the old fashion way, and i'm too stupid to know how to do "scans" or whatever, even though I have firefox. All I know is if i don't find a page soon I WILL cry :U :cry :mowsad

AnizInDisguise

ARGH! This second one is driving me even more insane!

Rika Banpaia

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on November 12, 2007, 07:42:43 PM
ARGH! This second one is driving me even more insane!

I CAN'T EVEN FIND ONE

Naeko

Reading through this thread, all the hints you need are right here.

Took a total of about five minutes since I missed the first one the first time. Second one was a tiny bit harder to find, but was exactly where I thought it'd be after I thought about it.

GabrielsThoughts

technically all the missing character profiles would be on mabsland...with characters that haven't been integrated, or exist only as part of a parallel DMFA reality in amber's mind. although it would take considerably less effort for her to incorporate them into the cannon series.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Nerikull

*throws paws in the air*

You win, Amber. I'm not smart enough to know doodly about scripts or any of that stuff...and doing the honest thing has just burned a hole in my skull....

So, you win!

*the tiger flees from the computer yelling something about Tijuana....*
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 12, 2007, 03:44:44 PM
The best part was when I found out people were using stupid scripts to find them so I removed the links for a couple hours while they ran their searches.

Oh well. I guess next time I wont even bother letting there be an actual link but make people have to guess the word since people can't play nice. :V

the Mark One Eyeball is the only tool honest people need. *nods*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Damaris

Damaris's Super Secret Method of Finding Hidden Webpages:

1) Ask Darkmoon to log into Amber's FTP
2) Have him look for pages he does not recognize
3) Have him read them off, and type them in.
4) Read
5) Mock forumers.

:mwaha

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

That is, point for point, exactly what she did.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 12, 2007, 03:55:42 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2007, 03:50:52 PM
To be perfectly honest, I was surprised you did.  I had expected some weird hidden message spread out letter by letter in commented out parts of the HTML or some other chicanery.

Truthfully, I had wanted to keep it simple...and something that people later on might be able to uncover just by accident if they were wandering around.  These weren't necessarily meant to be insanely difficult or requiring one to traverse seventeen pages to find them...which is probably why it is more insulting than anything to know people used scripts to find them.

what if you figure out things on your own, for instance, I already figured out the plot twist before the page 839 was uploaded... the comic only confirmed my suspicion.

Sajoli

I found one! I FOUND ONE! Oh my god. I never thought this could happen to me. I'd like to thank the Academy...

thegayhare

I feel dumb I can't find any

*pouts*

Joe3210

Quote from: Sajoli on November 12, 2007, 09:24:54 PM
I'd like to thank the Academy...

It's quite obvious once I actually found them both.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kenji

Zedd

Ah Amber you never stop with your amazement...Coy yet lovely...*tosses her into the bishi play pit*

Naldru

Quote from: Turnsky on November 12, 2007, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 12, 2007, 03:44:44 PM
The best part was when I found out people were using stupid scripts to find them so I removed the links for a couple hours while they ran their searches.

Oh well. I guess next time I wont even bother letting there be an actual link but make people have to guess the word since people can't play nice. :V

the Mark One Eyeball is the only tool honest people need. *nods*
If you really want to be nasty, have the links created dynamically using Javascript and DOM (Domain Object Model) with the Javascript contained in an external file.

Another approach would be to intercept keystrokes and only have the link appear if the user types in "Amber is Great".

I actually use a very simple procedure.

1.  Look

2.  If I find it, scream out loud in pure joy.  If not, go back to step 1 and look some more.

By the way, I found two links but I also found a link pointing to the wrong page.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.