10/27/07 [Abel #104] - *KRACKA-BOOM*

Started by RobbieThe1st, October 27, 2007, 04:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on October 27, 2007, 11:18:17 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 27, 2007, 06:08:35 AM
Are you sure she wouldn't enjoy such a thing, je.saist? ;-]
Llearch....don't give anyone any perverted Fanfic or fanart ideas, please...I don't want my mind breaking.

... Ah... Sorry. No can do. I'm -writing- perverted fanfic ideas, so, uh, yeah. Oh, and Amber likes you having your mind broken anyway. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

computer nerd

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 28, 2007, 12:43:49 PM
Quote from: computer nerd on October 28, 2007, 11:43:36 AM
you mean Like Aniz And Fa'lina Are going out somthing like that >:3

Ack! Kill it! Kill it!

*whacks above post with a flail*
Your right maybe some  Abel X Aaryanna  would do the trick >:3

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: computer nerd on October 28, 2007, 04:11:46 PM
Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 28, 2007, 12:43:49 PM
Quote from: computer nerd on October 28, 2007, 11:43:36 AM
you mean Like Aniz And Fa'lina Are going out somthing like that >:3

Ack! Kill it! Kill it!

*whacks above post with a flail*
Your right maybe some  Abel X Aaryanna  would do the trick >:3

It would never happen, but eh, why not?  :boogie

Feroluce

hmm, with Abels eyes looking off frame, and Aniz's closing remarks, whats the bet that Falina happens to be in the room? lol.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Feroluce on October 29, 2007, 04:32:05 PM
hmm, with Abels eyes looking off frame, and Aniz's closing remarks, whats the bet that Falina happens to be in the room? lol.
Hmm. Well, Abel of course doesn't know yet about Fa'lina and her special abilities while she's in SAIA, so maybe he's just looking for whoever Aniz is talking to. That's one sneaky poodle, though, wouldn't surprise me too much if you were right.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Zedd

Quote from: SpottedKitty on October 29, 2007, 04:38:16 PM
Quote from: Feroluce on October 29, 2007, 04:32:05 PM
Hmm. Well, Abel of course doesn't know yet about Fa'lina and her special abilities while she's in SAIA, so maybe he's just looking for whoever Aniz is talking to. That's one sneaky poodle, though, wouldn't surprise me too much if you were right.
Shes quite a sleathly one indeed :ninja

Alondro

*Charline uh-uhs*  Fa'lina doesn't date.  She simply molests when she 'feels the need'.  Then eats the souls of her 'date' and leaves the soulless husk sitting at the table staring blankly at the menu to avoid paying for dinner.  Don't forget, she's Ebil.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Alondro on October 29, 2007, 07:07:54 PM
*Charline uh-uhs*  Fa'lina doesn't date.  She simply molests when she 'feels the need'.  Then eats the souls of her 'date' and leaves the soulless husk sitting at the table staring blankly at the menu to avoid paying for dinner.  Don't forget, she's Ebil.   :3

Fa'lina went out with Aniz eventually.  HE WAS DELICIOUS   >:3

(obviously I'm kidding)

Naldru

My vision is of Fa'lina sneaking up behind Aniz while gesturing to Abel to stay quiet.  And then scaring Aniz into jumping twenty feet.  After all, this does seem to be a habit of Fa'lina.

sneaking up on Dan and repeat

sneaking up on Abel

sneaking up on Merlitz

sneaking up on Dan again

sneaking up on Pyroduck

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Angel

Hee hee.

Villains with a sense of timing make me very happy. Rock on.

I'm glad to see the setting has changed from the drama for a bit. It was beginning to make me nervous that Abel would be a tragic hero.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Black_angel on November 01, 2007, 08:48:42 AM
I'm glad to see the setting has changed from the drama for a bit. It was beginning to make me nervous that Abel would be a tragic hero.

... He is. What leads you to think otherwise?

Angel

My dear llearch, one of the most basic facts about tragic heroes is lacking in Abel's life so far. So let me tell it through a memory.

(English class, sophomore year. Book: One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. One of the only two good books we had all year.)

Mrs. Brian: Now, we've been studying a lot of tragic heroes this year. McMurphy is following the pattern of a tragic hero. What are some of the common traits about tragic heroes?
Me (realization striking): ...THEY DIE! *thinking* Oh sh*%, McMurphy's gonna die! No no no no no!!! I'm so sick of people dying!

Along with this, he doesn't have hubris until after the tragic event occurs, and that's so he can deflect the pain of his memories. So plot-wise, he is a tragic hero, just not a typical one.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Black_angel on November 01, 2007, 10:17:24 AM
My dear Techmaster, one of the most basic facts about tragic heroes is lacking in Abel's life so far. So let me tell it through a memory.
:erk....Ummm.....I never said anything....

Angel

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 01, 2007, 10:19:58 AM
My dear Techmaster, one of the most basic facts about tragic heroes is lacking in Abel's life so far. So let me tell it through a memory.
:erk....Ummm.....I never said anything....

......Damn. I meant llearch. Sorry. (beats self with stupid stick)
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

My dear llearch, one of the most basic facts about tragic heroes is lacking in Abel's life so far. So let me tell it through a memory.

(English class, sophomore year. Book: One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. One of the only two good books we had all year.)

Mrs. Brian: Now, we've been studying a lot of tragic heroes this year. McMurphy is following the pattern of a tragic hero. What are some of the common traits about tragic heroes?
Me (realization striking): ...THEY DIE! *thinking* Oh sh*%, McMurphy's gonna die! No no no no no!!! I'm so sick of people dying!

Along with this, he doesn't have hubris until after the tragic event occurs, and that's so he can deflect the pain of his memories. So plot-wise, he is a tragic hero, just not a typical one.

So... He's not a tragic hero, because he didn't die, but he is a tragic hero, only not a typical one?

Pass me that stupid stick, I think you missed. ;-]

Angel

...Yeah. I change my thoughts in the middle of a rant sometimes. (taps self with the inconsistency stick) I'll leave this discussion now.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

*giggle*

It's ok, I'll wait for you to become coherent, if you like. ;-]

DarkAudit

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 01, 2007, 03:10:24 PM
*giggle*

It's ok, I'll wait for you to become coherent, if you like. ;-]

Your pension may come first.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: DarkAudit on November 01, 2007, 04:57:15 PM
Your pension may come first.  :mwaha

Man, I get a pension for running the forum? This job just keeps getting better and better!

superluser

Quote from: Black_angel on November 01, 2007, 10:17:24 AMMrs. Brian: Now, we've been studying a lot of tragic heroes this year. McMurphy is following the pattern of a tragic hero. What are some of the common traits about tragic heroes?

No, they don't.  In the Oedipus trilogy, Oedipus survives until the end of the third play, and Creon dies of old ageat an old age after the end of Antigone.

I don't know if Achilles counts as a tragic hero, but he's still breathing at the end of the Iliad.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 01, 2007, 05:49:53 PMMan, I get a pension for running the forum? This job just keeps getting better and better!

10% of your annual salary for running the forum.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

I'm not sure, but this definition of a tragic hero seems appropriate.  My problem with defining Abel as a tragic hero is not whether he has had a downfall, but what he has done to deserve that downfall.  I could see Aniz becoming a tragic hero  (He certainly has enough personality flaws.), but I don't see what Abel has done that shows a personality flaw leading to his downfall.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Angel

Quote from: Naldru on November 01, 2007, 11:27:14 PM
I'm not sure, but this definition of a tragic hero seems appropriate.  My problem with defining Abel as a tragic hero is not whether he has had a downfall, but what he has done to deserve that downfall.  I could see Aniz becoming a tragic hero  (He certainly has enough personality flaws.), but I don't see what Abel has done that shows a personality flaw leading to his downfall.

THERE it is! I KNEW something else was missing! You get cookies, Naldru! (gives a plate of snickerdoodles. Or chocolate chip. Whichever you prefer.)

Quote from: superluser on November 01, 2007, 10:47:26 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on November 01, 2007, 10:17:24 AMMrs. Brian: Now, we've been studying a lot of tragic heroes this year. McMurphy is following the pattern of a tragic hero. What are some of the common traits about tragic heroes?

No, they don't.  In the Oedipus trilogy, Oedipus survives until the end of the third play, and Creon dies of old age after the end of Antigone.

I don't know if Achilles counts as a tragic hero, but he's still breathing at the end of the Iliad.

True, Oedipus lives. But at the cost of his sight and what was left of his sanity.

And I never read all of The Iliad, but Achilles did die due to a weakness, which is typical of tragic heroes.

Incidentally, is Macbeth a tragic hero or not? He seems more like a bad guy to me...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Eibborn

I would not say he is, personally, but he fits the definition nicely.

So I disagree with the definition.
/kicks the internet over

superluser

Quote from: Black_angel on November 01, 2007, 11:44:23 PMAnd I never read all of The Iliad, but Achilles did die due to a weakness, which is typical of tragic heroes.

But his hamartia was in leaving the battle because Agamemnon wouldn't give him Briseis.  His catharsis is in the form of Sarpedon dying.  No misfortune happens to Achilles himself, and he is felled much later by an arrow to the heel.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Lock up your daughters! Shoot your sons! Its Fa'Lina the bipolar pink fluff of doom known as Fa'Lina!!

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: superluser on November 02, 2007, 12:53:18 AM
Quote from: Black_angel on November 01, 2007, 11:44:23 PMAnd I never read all of The Iliad, but Achilles did die due to a weakness, which is typical of tragic heroes.

But his hamartia was in leaving the battle because Agamemnon wouldn't give him Briseis.  His catharsis is in the form of Sarpedon dying.  No misfortune happens to Achilles himself, and he is felled much later by an arrow to the heel.

Agh you make my brain hurt!