10/19/07 [DMFA #834] - Adoption Agency

Started by Rithm Alfortele, October 18, 2007, 11:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Goatmon on October 21, 2007, 03:09:09 PM
I didn't really want to, you mind, they just didn't give me any alternative, and I only did it for the last couple episodes of season 5, but now I'm all caught up. :3
Wait, season five? Aren't there only two completed (water, earth), and one in progress (fire)?

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on October 21, 2007, 03:10:20 PM
Avatar's good watchins. One of the few american made shows, let alone cartoons, that has a continuous story instead of just random nonsense every day. :U
I second that

Goatmon

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 21, 2007, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: Goatmon on October 21, 2007, 03:09:09 PM
I didn't really want to, you mind, they just didn't give me any alternative, and I only did it for the last couple episodes of season 5, but now I'm all caught up. :3
Wait, season five? Aren't there only two completed (water, earth), and one in progress (fire)?

Typo.  It's on season 3 atm.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2007, 01:10:05 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on October 21, 2007, 01:08:13 PM
Plus, I thought she'd give her mothers soul to Nutmeg and Albanion, didn't she say that?  Didn't she?

Not quite.  She said she wouldn't deny her the chance.  That probably means that it's a private auction, and Nutmeg is welcome to bid.

There's two souls. Mother *and* father. Nutmeg and Albanion get one, auction the second.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Tapewolf

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 21, 2007, 07:04:55 PM
There's two souls. Mother *and* father. Nutmeg and Albanion get one, auction the second.

No... IIRC Mab's father has already willed his soul to someone else.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_786.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DarkAudit

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2007, 07:09:53 PM

No... IIRC Mab's father has already willed his soul to someone else.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_786.php

Ah. That's different.

Nevermind.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Naldru

I'm wondering if the auction is for something other than money.  After all, fae can create mountain of diamonds and gold if they want to.  Could it be some sort of payment of karma or such?  Just running the idea up the flagpole to see if it gets a salute or a machine gun attack.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Goatmon on October 21, 2007, 01:46:40 PM
"I'm going to be a fan of Zuko until the day I actually watch the show."

Zuko?! xD

Ironically, I just started watching that series (Avatar) last month.  I finished season 1 and 2 on Netflix and caught up to season 3 online.  It's really REALLY good. 

Indeed it is. Too bad I hardly ever have enough time to watch it....

Also, the council has convened! The next item on the ballot is: Who would win, Merlitz or Zuko?!  :eager

Aleolus

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2007, 01:10:05 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on October 21, 2007, 01:08:13 PM
Plus, I thought she'd give her mothers soul to Nutmeg and Albanion, didn't she say that?  Didn't she?

Not quite.  She said she wouldn't deny her the chance.  That probably means that it's a private auction, and Nutmeg is welcome to bid.

Ah, but don't forget, Nutmeg (disguised as Albanion) said that the father had asked that a family friend get his soul, so that means that the mother is the only one left.

LionHeart

Quote from: Naldru on October 21, 2007, 10:44:43 PM
I'm wondering if the auction is for something other than money.  After all, fae can create mountain of diamonds and gold if they want to.  Could it be some sort of payment of karma or such?  Just running the idea up the flagpole to see if it gets a salute or a machine gun attack.
It does seem more likely. It seems to me that Fae wouldn't really have much use for money as such.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Goatmon

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 22, 2007, 12:19:44 AM

Also, the council has convened! The next item on the ballot is: Who would win, Merlitz or Zuko?!  :eager

Well, Zuko kinda sucks at Firebending actually.  He's pretty sick with double sword fighting, though. 

SpottedKitty

Could it be some sort of payment of karma or such?

Sounds plausible, considering what Nutmeg said in the middle panel here. I've wondered why Nutmeg would have nothing to offer just because she's queen.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Kenji

Quote from: Goatmon on October 22, 2007, 01:41:58 AM
Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 22, 2007, 12:19:44 AM

Well, Zuko kinda sucks at Firebending actually.  He's pretty sick with double sword fighting, though. 

Not quite so fancy footed with ladies, however...

Caswin

Quote from: Zedd on October 21, 2007, 04:51:55 PM
Avatar's good watchins. One of the few american made shows, let alone cartoons, that has a continuous story instead of just random nonsense every day. :U
I second that
I'd question the "nonsense" part - lots of great shows just have strings of standalone episodes (Batman: The Animated Series being a perfect example) - but apart from that, what he said.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Animaniacs?

A good thought and point. Perhaps there is some sort of specialty item/magic exchange? Such as what might be used for interdimensional travel and other such special things.

Quote from: SpottedKitty on October 22, 2007, 08:36:53 AM
Sounds plausible, considering what Nutmeg said in the middle panel here. I've wondered why Nutmeg would have nothing to offer just because she's queen.
Well that answers something at least! Now we know why Albanian doesn't seek vengeance on Mab. He fears her.
Although I suppose you could say something about wanting a child...
but I say no.

Which actually brings up another point. Nutmeg probably knew that Mab would run off in a tiff, the fact that she came back was only dictated by knowing she could get a swipe in on Nutmeg.
So it wasn't really practical. Plot convenient? Yes. But practical? no.

Timothy

Quote from: Goatmon on October 19, 2007, 03:57:47 AM
I'm more amused by the current message at the top of the front page, than I am by the comic itself.

"This was a triumph.  I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!"

Teehee.
Figures it took me 4 days to figure out the meaning of that message.  :rolleyes
Downloaded it 2 days ago and just finished Portals too ... most crazy computer ever.  :P
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Kenji

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 22, 2007, 04:21:46 PM
Animaniacs?

Hey, I didn't say some of them aren't worth watching. But a continuing storyline on something besides a soap opera or drama would be nice. Hence turning to comics and webcomics.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I remember the first time I heard of that being the difference between Anime and other cartoons, and I was all like "omg~ It's TRUE!!!"