10/15/07 [DMFA #832] - Ear muffs

Started by Naldru, October 14, 2007, 10:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Jakon on October 15, 2007, 07:50:47 AM
Okay, so Fae are capable of multiplicity, too... is there anything they can't do?

Change the amount of Fae that can exist?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ink on October 15, 2007, 07:46:58 AM
I wonder if one could express Mab in terms of six dimensional mathematics.

Only if you included i and e, amongst others. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on October 15, 2007, 08:39:30 AM

That aside, they have been described as the next best thing to gods.

Now as I recall, the ability to be in two places at once was traditionally bestowed by the Devil...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Hee hee, what this all means is that Jyrras' entire life could be Albanion's revenge!

Oh and of course he knows what hanky-panky is.  Like all uber-geeks, he's probably been having cybersex for decades!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Regal

Quote from: Dard on October 15, 2007, 05:03:28 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2007, 04:05:52 AM
Quote from: Fex on October 15, 2007, 03:23:34 AM
I got one question ... whats Hanky Panky?
Well, when two Beings love each other...
[Scrabbles for Fa'Lina's illustrations]
Never mind, Fex, I had to look it up, too!

(I'm more surprised that Mab knew what Hanky Panky is!)

With Mab, hanky panky involves real hankies. When two handkerchiefs love each other....

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2007, 08:44:54 AMNow as I recall, the ability to be in two places at once was traditionally bestowed by the Devil...

Somebody oughta tell that to the guy who canonized Padre Pio.  It's actually something that happens occasionally with saints, too.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on October 15, 2007, 10:40:33 AM
Somebody oughta tell that to the guy who canonized Padre Pio.  It's actually something that happens occasionally with saints, too.
That too.  IIRC someone realised he had double-booked a sermon and managed to split himself.  But it was usually a sign of witchcraft.  Probably if it happened to anyone outside the Church.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Schol-R-LEA

Quote from: Zedd on October 15, 2007, 04:47:46 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2007, 04:05:52 AM
Quote from: Fex on October 15, 2007, 03:23:34 AM
I got one question ... whats Hanky Panky?
Well, when two Beings love each other...
[Scrabbles for Fa'Lina's illustrations]
Oh no..Not the puppets...You know I hate the puppets too..
But puppet stew is low in calories, high in fiber and nine necessary petrochemicals,  and has a great clothy taste! It's a great part of a balanced breakfast!

Oh, wait, you said 'puppets too'... my bad.

Aleolus

Ooh, hanky-panky!  I loves teh hanky-panky!

Anyone else realize that the girl who just busted in on Mab is just an illusion, while the real Fae is still there listening in to Jy and Lore's conversation?  That seems amusing to me, for some reason.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on October 15, 2007, 11:30:13 AM
Anyone else realize that the girl who just busted in on Mab is just an illusion, while the real Fae is still there listening in to Jy and Lore's conversation?  That seems amusing to me, for some reason.

How do you know she's an illusion? Maybe she's capable of being in two places at once?  Or maybe she's just -very- quick, and can run back and forth fast enough to catch both conversations, and appear to be in both places at once, even though she's actually mostly in transit?

All sorts of sneaky ways one could manage such a feat. Especially since she's invisible at one end.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

I think we are slowly seeing more of the 'real' Mab if such a thing is even applicable to fae. One slightly sinister though crossed my mind a while back, Fae are known to take on a role, treating the life span of a being as a play, with them the actors. Is possible, given this tendency that Mab was evil personified in a previous 'role' and for the last 25 years she been taking a break from this.

However....sometimes their is no one behind the curtain. Discussion please
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Aurawyn

Ayone else notice Mab's tail?! she had to tie it up so its not fluffier then Nutmegs..  :mowhappy

Izkata

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2007, 08:44:54 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on October 15, 2007, 08:39:30 AM

That aside, they have been described as the next best thing to gods.

Now as I recall, the ability to be in two places at once was traditionally bestowed by the Devil...

Y'know, that reminds me..  Mab is a lot like Trance Gemini, and the Fae sort of like Avatars of the Suns....

I mean, they both start out as the crazy/innocent purple girl with indeterminant age who avoid their past...  And their races are practically the closest thing to God that there is in their respective series...

Zedd

Okay, so Fae are capable of multiplicity, too... is there anything they can't do?
Get laid properly?

Caswin

Quote from: Aurawyn on October 15, 2007, 12:45:55 PM
Ayone else notice Mab's tail?! she had to tie it up so its not fluffier then Nutmegs..  :mowhappy
Heh, didn't notice that.

(Although I could still swear Nutmeg's tail actually is fluffier, or poofier, or at any rate bigger.  Is there a difference?)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Aurawyn on October 15, 2007, 12:45:55 PM

In all seriousness, where have you been about a month ago? This'd be the first clear shot of Mab's tail, and technically speaking, this would be the first glimpse of it that I could find like that.

Rithm Alfortele

Oh, that's simple.

They can't cook.

Alondro

They can't fix their glens if they blow them up.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

patchwork cat

er explanasion of fae:

Ok this sock puppet represents a new born fae and this massive bowl of semolina represents the life of a fae. So, if we throw the sock puppet into the semolina we get a horrible disgusting mess. Which is what a fae tends to make of it's and everybody else's lives.
Thus we see (grabs some clean puppets) that the fae are not merely beyond multi dimensional but also dairy. No sensible definition can be made of their existence other than, being everywhere at once in a bowl of semolina they are all bored as f%^&.

Addendum: Jyrras is just so CUTE!

Goatmon

Bwahaha.

That last panel totally makes today's page.