Hey, Congrats on the shinny new board Jigsaw :3

Started by Jim Halisstrad, October 02, 2007, 12:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Halisstrad

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Cogidubnus

Congratulations.

*breathes deeply* It's got that nice, new forum smell too.  :3

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Excellent.  Might it be an idea to kickstart it by moving the Last Resort thread from the Tower to here?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 02, 2007, 01:16:23 AM
*breathes deeply* It's got that nice, new forum smell too.  :3
Hm, it smells more like overloaded server to me... 

Aanyway, congrats on the new forum, take a few pics now before it gets nice'n'cluttered!

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2007, 04:12:28 AM
Excellent.  Might it be an idea to kickstart it by moving the Last Resort thread from the Tower to here?

Oh, come on. That'd be thinking properly. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Yes, Congratulations.

You have many fans already, I just know it!  :)

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

A request!

Can you possibly change the default theme for this board?  I feel like I'm in the Villa.

(and I use different themes to remind me of which sub-board I'm on, so changing my default theme won't work.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 02, 2007, 11:58:07 AM
darn, now I have to beg for one too.

Darkmoon posted the limits (along with some other bits), and then removed them for editing the other bit.

You must have 6 months of comics posted, and at least 40 strips, before we'll consider it, on grounds of you need to have built up a following; otherwise we'll be spending all our time managing setting up new boards, etc, and since we're volunteers, that's gonna suck, right? Right.

Quote from: superluser on October 02, 2007, 12:04:23 PM
A request!

Can you possibly change the default theme for this board?  I feel like I'm in the Villa.

(and I use different themes to remind me of which sub-board I'm on, so changing my default theme won't work.)

If you can't set the theme for yourself, you'll need to petition Jigsaw and get her to ask us to change it; I'm not going to go messing about in her swimming pool.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Huzzah for the new board! I'm excited for her XD
I wonder how she reacted when she found out?/'s going to react when she does find out?!

So exciting...

Yeah, I was actually thinking along the same lines as Tapewolf.
Even if a new thread is started here for the other to be merged in to. Whatever's easiest.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2007, 12:44:58 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 02, 2007, 11:58:07 AM
darn, now I have to beg for one too.

Darkmoon posted the limits (along with some other bits), and then removed them for editing the other bit.

You must have 6 months of comics posted, and at least 40 strips, before we'll consider it, on grounds of you need to have built up a following; otherwise we'll be spending all our time managing setting up new boards, etc, and since we're volunteers, that's gonna suck, right? Right.

cool, I've more than exceeded the requirements... although I have to question if ten people is considered a following.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Jigsaw Forte

Glee! Thanks you guys!

And yes, I'll be changing the theme for this subforum shortly... y'know, when I'm not up to my ass in midterm work. I believe it's just background + title graphic + color scheme,which should be pretty straightforward, just not able to do it immediately.

Preventing my graduation date from being delayed further is a slightly more important priority to me than a cute forum, after all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 02, 2007, 09:03:57 PM
I believe it's just background + title graphic + color scheme,which should be pretty straightforward, just not able to do it immediately.

Doing the images: easy.

Putting them into a forum theme... not so easy. It's all done in javascript, which alters the CSS and html, which is generated by php. So what you're looking at is code that generates code that generates code that does the work...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2007, 09:31:44 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 02, 2007, 09:03:57 PM
I believe it's just background + title graphic + color scheme,which should be pretty straightforward, just not able to do it immediately.

Doing the images: easy.

Putting them into a forum theme... not so easy. It's all done in javascript, which alters the CSS and html, which is generated by php. So what you're looking at is code that generates code that generates code that does the work...

But grokking someone else's already working skin should be easy as well, right?  ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah.... not as easy as you might think.

I keep meaning to get around to going through the default skins and fixing them for the new format, so that we stop getting large numbers of errors in the error logs....

It's not a simple task, so I keep putting it off...

Fuyudenki

Congratulations on the new forum, Jigsaw.  It's shiny.  I also cuncur with Cogi's comment.(A LITTERATION!)

hmm...
--remainder of post removed because it was rude to post it in someone else's forum.--

KarlOmega1

*hugs Jigsaw*

Congrats on the new forum space, Jigsaw.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Darkmoon

Quote from: Raist on October 02, 2007, 11:40:25 PM
Congratulations on the new forum, Jigsaw.  It's shiny.  I also cuncur with Cogi's comment.(A LITTERATION!)

hmm...
--remainder of post removed because it was rude to post it in someone else's forum.--

Now I'm curious as to what it was that got removed...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 03, 2007, 04:06:22 PM
Quote from: Raist on October 02, 2007, 11:40:25 PM

hmm...

Now I'm curious as to what it was that got removed...

Same here, to be honest...

Fuyudenki

It was some unimportant, self-promoting blather.  Completely inappropriate on another person's brand new forum, and the kind of thing that I would expect to be reprimanded, had anyone else seen it.  Admitting I did it at all is my way of apologizing.

Darkmoon

Hey now, don't be the forum police!

There, I reprimanded you for something. Feel better?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

ITOS

Gratz, Jigsaw! Now you have to change your website again so it gets a link to your new forum. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: ITOS on October 04, 2007, 01:27:28 PM
Gratz, Jigsaw! Now you have to change your website again so it gets a link to your new forum. :P

Honestly? I have a lot of stuff to do... but that'll prolly get done sometime around the next update.

ITOS

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 04, 2007, 05:26:12 PM
I have a lot of stuff to do... but that'll prolly get done sometime around the next update.

No stress. Or else you'll end up like Amber with a dog biting your head. ;)
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fluffy isn't a dog. :-P

(I'll admit, I'm not sure what Fluffy -is-, but I know what Fully -isn't-...)

AndersW

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 05, 2007, 10:20:19 AM
Fluffy isn't a dog. :-P

(I'll admit, I'm not sure what Fluffy -is-, but I know what Fully -isn't-...)

In Fluffy's Cast Page it says that Fluffy is a "Dog (?)" and that is the closest we will get to knowing the truth.