09-17-07 #820 Never seen a black woman before.

Started by thegayhare, September 16, 2007, 09:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mischa on September 18, 2007, 10:13:25 AM
What is this poll people speak of?

Amber ran a poll for "black" or "white", for a couple of days. It's in the Abandoned Mine now. No further details were provided, but I believe "Black" won. Just.

The result would appear to be the Fae in Monday's strip.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 10:15:27 AM
Amber ran a poll for "black" or "white", for a couple of days. It's in the Abandoned Mine now. No further details were provided, but I believe "Black" won. Just.

She also said that if there was a draw, the character would die.  Quite how she'd pull that off with a Fae, I know not...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mischa

Ahhhh, so I see...

Also, the references to Chicago confused me for a moment, since Chicago is where I go to attend Anime Central, but Anthrocon is in Pittsburgh.  So for a few minutes I got my cons mixed up.  XD

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 09:59:37 AM
Charline is immortal!  She NEVER ages!   :U

... visibly.

*Charline lights her broomstick*  How about a little fire, Boxy?   >:3

*pokes Mischa*  Ya know, if you'd just searched for 'Dan and Mabs', it woulda been right at the top of the search, then there's this nifty little word at the top of the comic page that says 'Forums', and if you click on that, violla!  You end up here!   *Charles is master of teh Internets!*  :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 01:40:38 PM
*Charline lights her broomstick*  How about a little fire, Boxy?   >:3

I make a lovely fire. But small? Nah. Nothing like a roaring fire to warm the cockles of your heart on a cold winters evening.

... and since this isn't a cold winters evening (at least on this side of the ball), my cockles are toasty already, and you can't start a large enough fire with that anyway, I think we'll pass.

I appreciate the offer, though.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 18, 2007, 10:24:28 AM

She also said that if there was a draw, the character would die.  Quite how she'd pull that off with a Fae, I know not...

perhaps a 20-sider with fae wings and antennae?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Fresnor

Quote from: Turnsky on September 18, 2007, 02:59:46 PM

Easiest way probably would have been Mab's parents showing up then.  >.>

Aleolus

Ba-dum, psch!

Tapewolf

In case anyone is wondering why some of these posts are titled "uite", I have absolutely no idea how that happened.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 18, 2007, 03:17:30 PM
In case anyone is wondering why some of these posts are titled "uite", I have absolutely no idea how that happened.

If you trundle over to the preview screen, you can edit the title.

It's possible you accidentally selected something, and typed half of "quite" into the subject area?

Ted Schiller

I would add to the owner's profits by buying a beer and a shot.   :bar  :)

With regards,
Ted

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 03:24:27 PM
It's possible you accidentally selected something, and typed half of "quite" into the subject area?
Probably.  What's curious is that I only noticed it when Turnsky replied to the post.  Usually I see these things like a shot.

Illusionist

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 17, 2007, 05:32:06 PM
Quote from: KarlOmega1 on September 17, 2007, 05:22:51 PM
Aha! now begins the question...are there any humans belonging to other races, even if humans are rare?

... I don't think that question means quite what you think it means. Would you like to rephrase? Humans are, by definition, not part of -any- other races. Not even Weres, which -look- human on one of their guises, are human.

It's like asking "Are there any tomatoes that are apples, even if tomatoes are rare?" ;-]

He meant black/white/etc. race, not dog/cat/goldfish race (which I always call species, to avoid confusion).

So, to continue the fruit metaphor, if apples were really rare, would there still be both green and red apples?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Illusionist on September 18, 2007, 04:06:52 PM
He meant black/white/etc. race, not dog/cat/goldfish race (which I always call species, to avoid confusion).

*thinks*

Oh. Oh, finally it starts to make some sense.

It's still wrong, though, because there aren't any humans anyway. What -that- is is a Fae, not a Human. If there are other Fae that -look- human, then yes, they might be Caucasian, or Eurasian, or Polynesian, or any of the other variants. Given the number of Fae, that's possible. I wouldn't want to bet any money on it, though, since for all we know, this is a canine in disguise...

Quote from: Illusionist on September 18, 2007, 04:06:52 PM
So, to continue the fruit metaphor, if apples were really rare, would there still be both green and red apples?

Possibly. It depends. Were there red and green apples -before- they became rare, and, if so, what caused them to become rare, and did it have a selection bias towards red or green? If so, chances are there might not be one or the other.

Quote from: Ted Schiller on September 18, 2007, 04:04:02 PM
I would add to the owner's profits by buying a beer and a shot.   :bar  :)

Erm. There was already this thread here, Ted. So I merged them for you. OK?

Zedd

Hope see more of that rubber genie around here more..

Dard

Does that mean that the fae would have said "What, never seen a white woman before?" if "white" won?

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 09:59:37 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 18, 2007, 08:29:46 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 08:05:38 AM
Lions' noses start out pink and gradually change to black as they age.  It's a good measure of relative age you can get just by looking at them.   :3

So Charline morphs/dyes her nose then?

Charline is immortal!  She NEVER ages!   :U
By definition, everybody ages unless they are dead.  Some people don't appear to age.  ( I  would mention The Portrait of Dick Clark (based on the The Portrait of Dorian Gray), but I'm not sure the readers would get the reference.  On the other hand, I just mentioned in discussing whether I would mention it.

On the other hand Charline could destroy all references to her age and deal harshly with anyone who mentions it.

Quote from: Aleolus on September 18, 2007, 03:14:02 PM

Ba-dum, psch!
Amber also mentioned that she wasn't going to say what the poll was for until after the poll was over.  So that means that Amber didn't have to let it refer to a Fae.  It could have referred to a Warp-ACL.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Azlan

Someone eat Charline please...

Wait I know... *digs deep into the past*

*Azzie asks Kiet to request Fa'Lina eat Charline's soul*
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Mischa

Quote from: Naldru on September 18, 2007, 06:34:53 PM
By definition, everybody ages unless they are dead.  Some people don't appear to age.  ( I  would mention The Portrait of Dick Clark (based on the The Portrait of Dorian Gray), but I'm not sure the readers would get the reference.  On the other hand, I just mentioned in discussing whether I would mention it.

I think I remember that portrait.  Didn't a maid discover it, and Dick Clark had to silence her?  :3

And so I missed the Forum button on the comic webpage!  Q__Q  I usually read my updates late at night as soon as they come online!  I'm tired!

Zedd

Quote from: Mischa on September 18, 2007, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: Naldru on September 18, 2007, 06:34:53 PM

I think I remember that portrait.  Didn't a maid discover it, and Dick Clark had to silence her?  :3

And so I missed the Forum button on the comic webpage!  Q__Q  I usually read my updates late at night as soon as they come online!  I'm tired!
Glad to see you still silly genie *chuckles*

Kamunt

Caswin

Quote from: DarkAudit on September 18, 2007, 07:49:50 PM
Quote from: Azlan on September 18, 2007, 07:03:00 PM
Not in a PG-13 thread.  >:3
All told, it would probably bring the rating down if you did it right.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Reese Tora

Out of curiosity, when did amber say that this fae's appearance is the result of the poll?

I'm just thinking, possibly, taht this character could be a blue herring to throw us off of whatever else the poll could have been about.

Probably not, but I think the possibility does exist.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

thegayhare

You people are way to serous

Of course I knew what the comic ment by a black woman I was trying to be silly

Alondro

Quote from: Kamunt on September 18, 2007, 09:50:58 PM
Quote from: DarkAudit on September 18, 2007, 07:49:50 PM
Quote from: Azlan on September 18, 2007, 07:03:00 PMSomeone eat Charline please...

Not in a PG-13 thread.  >:3

Yes in a PG-13 thread. >:3 Me, me, pick me!!

*Charline fluffs up to look big n' mean*  Hiss!  *swat swat*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Janus Whitefurr

For an offence against one of his best customers, the groomist heretofore bars Kiet from the salon. :D
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 19, 2007, 10:27:53 AM

For an offence against one of his best customers, the groomist heretofore bars Kiet from the salon. :D

Offence? It's an offence to be asked to do something, now?

Doing what you've been requested, on the other hand, I can see THAT being an offence. But just listening when someone asks you something? What is this, newthink doubleplus good?

Caswin

Hm...

Well, if she hadn't hugged Dan back at that point, I guess she'd have another opportunity to hug a human now.  Funny how it sounds like that didn't come up before.

Yeah, just came across that while looking for that brief strip where Mab turned human.  Trying to figure out exactly what nationality she was (or at least was approximating).

Edit: Durr, wrong topic.
Still makes sense in this context, I guess.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Turnsky

an alternative coulda been... well

>:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..