09/08/07 it slices it dices! abel's Story [#97]

Started by Turnsky, September 07, 2007, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoSynergy

FINISH HER!

Also, my hypotheses on why Aniz is going into "Freak-Out Mode"

A) Aniz is under the command of Falina to bring Abel to SAIA.  Falina had a strict "No Murdering" Rule.  Falina also outlined a rather horrific punishment (even for a Cubi) in the event Aniz killed someone.

B) The species of Mythos that Hennya belongs to has some sort of last-ditch resort upon death (acid blood, cell deterioration resulting in the release of a toxic gas, etc).

C) Aniz's assumed form is Ahnora, or his assumed form is the father of Ahnora, and he just killed his/his son's/daughter's/whathaveyou's fiancee.

Doraion

Ummm, actually maybe he is swearing since Abel is about to snap and go berserk. it's like that high school dance scene in Carrie. ^_^;  Hey wouldn't you if you got back from a friend's funeral and also saw two other people die before that?

Paul

He's swearing because he found out he got blood on his new shoes. "I just had them polished!"

Caswin

I really should not be liking all these edits this much...
Quote from: Raist on September 08, 2007, 11:57:33 PMWhat?  People still do that?  I thought I was the only one.

*fails to believe.*
*Raises hand* Yo.

One thing I'm wondering about - not that I think it really makes much difference, Aniz being the undisputed aggressor with big nasty plans, etc., but why are so many people assuming Hennya was trying to "go lethal"?  There's nothing really suggesting it in the comic, and Amber has explicitly said she made the mistake of going for his shoulder earlier.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Tapewolf

Who reckons Abel is going to hear Hennya's dying thoughts?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DMFA!

mm I doubt it really, she was hacked into pieces ^^;;; Not much to say when you're chopped up ><

techmaster-glitch

Nah, you'll have about five-ten seconds to keep thinking about something You only die instantly if your brain itself is taken out. if it's the rest of your body, your brain will live on the oxygen in the blood in your head for a few moments. Go here for an example. Warning: Very bloody and scary. Not my fault if you check this out.

But yeah, I think I agree with Tapewolf. I'd like to hear Hennya's dying thoughts too.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 09, 2007, 10:34:00 AM
But yeah, I think i agree with Tapewolf. I'd like to hear Hennya's dying thoughts too.
I don't think I'd like to hear them, I just think that we probably will...
And I was going to avoid the gruesome detail on why DMFA! was wrong :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

I think getting chopped into sections is a little bit more fatal than bleeding to death.

techmaster-glitch

You sound like the guy who's name I can't spell from the Pink Panther movie:

"It was a fatal attack."
"Really? How fatal?
"....Completely...fatal..."

Point being, if you get chopped into sections, you still have a little blood in your head. That blood still has oxygen, which is pretty much the only constant fuel your brain needs to function. There would be enough oxygen in that nonmoving blood for your brain to run for a few more moments.

DMFA!

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2007, 10:37:28 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 09, 2007, 10:34:00 AM
But yeah, I think i agree with Tapewolf. I'd like to hear Hennya's dying thoughts too.
I don't think I'd like to hear them, I just think that we probably will...
And I was going to avoid the gruesome detail on why DMFA! was wrong :P

haha thanks for restraining. The link tech-master gave was enough i believe ^^;; and I never knew you cuold still live for a few seconds even with youre head being hacked off

techmaster-glitch

That's actually what people in medieval times belived. When they put someone to the executioner's axe or the guillotine, they showed the dismembered head of the person to the crowd cuz they thought that someone's head could still live up to fifteen minutes after the chopping. In principle they're right, but it's more like fifteen seconds, not minutes.

Of course, no one actually knows this for sure, since you can't talk without your lungs to say what it feels like :rolleyes Scientists just guess based on what the brain needs and what it has right after a head-chop.

Zedd

By chance..Its only humanie to say its really the end for her. No turning back now cause I swear what ever perfect goverment that world has..Death is too good for someone like Aniz right now. Mostly the pull of seeing the death of a innocent does something in a persons mind...We'll find out this saturday or someday when Amber feels to update the final conflict

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 09, 2007, 11:34:10 AM
Of course, no one actually knows this for sure, since you can't talk without your lungs to say what it feels like :rolleyes Scientists just guess based on what the brain needs and what it has right after a head-chop.

Ah... they -did- actually talk to someone who'd had his head chopped off. IIRC, something about "blink once for yes or twice for no" or some such.

Of course, that means you're going to run out of blood to run the muscles needed to blink... and after that, it's all theory as to whether you can hear or not, let alone respond, but they -did- prove that the brain doesn't die instantly if you get your head removed...

Sadly, this is all hearsay, because I don't have a reference for that particular experiment. I'd like one, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DMFA!

You think Hennya's fiancee will want revenge? Or just fall into a horrible depression stage....

Zedd

Quote from: DMFA! on September 09, 2007, 12:31:49 PM
You think Hennya's fiancee will want revenge? Or just fall into a horrible depression stage....
I think he did the honerable thing and went be a hero with a device and placed it near his temple and the sound it makes rymes with rick rick ;)

crimson_wolf

Hennya got diced like a tomato, if Aniz can go berserker style then so can Abel! Snap and kick his ass Abel, you know you want to...

Alondro

*Charline eats Henya's innards!  On toast even!*  Nom nom... tasty!   :zombiekun2  Speaking as one who has a human scientist advising her (that'd be Charles) I can say with certainty that the brain does indeed last for 1 to 3 minutes after decapitation, longer if it is suddenly cooled.  Consciousness probably lasts for only 30 seconds to 1 minute of that total time, however.  Theoretically, if the vessels could be reattached before that critical period is over, the brain would survive.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Quote from: Alondro on September 09, 2007, 05:21:12 PM
Consciousness probably lasts for only 30 seconds to 1 minute of that total time, however.  Theoretically, if the vessels could be reattached before that critical period is over, the brain would survive.

So would the possible damage to consciousness explain why when the walt disney's head was placed on his new robitic body he craved the flesh of cuban children

SpottedKitty

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2007, 12:18:43 PM
Sadly, this is all hearsay, because I don't have a reference for that particular experiment. I'd like one, though...
I remember reading it was during the Terror in the French Revolution, when there were lots of... erm... "interviewees" available.  :erk It was just a brief mention in a longer article, though, and I can't remember what the experiment's results were.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Angel

Quote from: SpottedKitty on September 09, 2007, 05:59:44 PM
I remember reading it was during the Terror in the French Revolution, when there were lots of... erm... "interviewees" available.  :erk It was just a brief mention in a longer article, though, and I can't remember what the experiment's results were.

This might be true. They said when one high-up lady was slaughtered, the executioner held up her head, then slapped her face. Her face actually flushed.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Black_angel on September 09, 2007, 07:31:50 PM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on September 09, 2007, 05:59:44 PM

This might be true. They said when one high-up lady was slaughtered, the executioner held up her head, then slapped her face. Her face actually flushed.

That's probably not true. At least, not in the sense that you're thinking. Your face "flushes" when extra blood is pumped into your face, brought around by specific stimuli. Now that can't really happen if your head's not connected to your heart anymore, huh? However, a face, or any skin for that matter, can turn red if stuck hard enough. But it technically isn't "blushing".

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: thegayhare on September 09, 2007, 05:29:46 PM
Quote from: Alondro on September 09, 2007, 05:21:12 PM
Consciousness probably lasts for only 30 seconds to 1 minute of that total time, however.  Theoretically, if the vessels could be reattached before that critical period is over, the brain would survive.

So would the possible damage to consciousness explain why when the walt disney's head was placed on his new robitic body he craved the flesh of cuban children

Yes, I believe that's the reason.

pseudocompulsion

So all this stuff about surviving decapitation for a few seconds? Yep. Pretty sure that I never wanted to know that.

At all.

*shudder*

Zedd

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 09, 2007, 09:34:02 PM
So all this stuff about surviving decapitation for a few seconds? Yep. Pretty sure that I never wanted to know that.

At all.

*shudder*
There there...At least Charline and I didnt show you our gallery of cutlery  >:3

Alondro

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 09, 2007, 09:34:02 PM

At all.

*shudder*

You should see wat happens when you apply electric current to freshly dead people.  The faces can twitch and grimace, arms can raise and fingers can point, the diaphram can rise and fall as if the corpse is breathing.  So long as the axonal membranes are still intact, the reflex pathways can function with the application of the proper level of current.

Brain neurons, however, break down fairly rapidly.  They undergo apoptosis and/or necrosis within minutes after death at room temperature.  Their membranes depolarize completely and the fragile network of synaptic connections begins to turn to mush, unless of course you fix the tissue with formaldehyde or another fixative!  Then the cell structures can remain intact, although quite dead.

A certain mad scientist's gruesome experiments in the 19th century in the real Dracula's castle were these very things, terrifying witnesses and causing some doctors at the time to faint... and his work likely inspired Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein".  The History Channel is indeed useful!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

I remember seeing a documentary about real vampire hunters from the 1700's and 1800's.  Apparently, you could tell that a corpse was a vampire because the fingernails kept growing and the corpse growled if you stuck a knife in.

Well, they then went to a forensic pathologist and asked him about fingernails growing and strange sounds if you stuck in a knife.  He said that the fingernails appeared to grow because the flesh shrunk back around the finger tips.  And if you stuck a knife in a decomposing side, you would get a growling or buzzing side as the escaping gases made the edges of the wound vibrate.  (This is similar to intestinal gases escaping through the anus due to a build-up of pressure.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not going to tell you.)

Isn't it amazing what you can find on The History Channel, especially around Halloween.

By the way, Luigi Galvani did experiments where electricity was applied to frog's legs.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.