Dream Thread

Started by KarlOmega1, June 28, 2007, 12:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasarn

Quote from: Feroluce on July 12, 2007, 06:10:07 AM
Quote from: Evil Richter on July 12, 2007, 01:05:46 AM
Really now, almost every dream I have anymore is lucid, and when I wake up, life feels a pale illusion.  It's not a great way to start my day, so I view it as sort of a curse.

It could be worse. When I was about ten, due to a peculiar set of circumstances, I had my body fall asleep completely, while my mind was completely awake. I wasnt dreaming, I was completely lucid: I was somewhere in between, trapped in a body I couldnt even feel. I couldnt see not because my eyes were closed, but because it was as though I had no eyes at all. No helpful imaginary landscapes, I was trapped in a darkness blacker then the depths of space. I couldnt even scream.

when I finally woke up, I viewed life as a blessing, and most of the time I still do.

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me
I experienced it frequently when I was a teenager.

Alondro

I've always has ome lucidity in my dreams, but it depends on how interesting the dream is.  Really cool ones I don't interfere with, as it tends to be more like watching a movie.  Only if things start to get annoying will I consciously take the reigns.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Feroluce

Quote from: Kasarn on July 12, 2007, 06:58:22 AM
Quote from: Feroluce on July 12, 2007, 06:10:07 AM
Quote from: Evil Richter on July 12, 2007, 01:05:46 AM
Really now, almost every dream I have anymore is lucid, and when I wake up, life feels a pale illusion.  It's not a great way to start my day, so I view it as sort of a curse.

It could be worse. When I was about ten, due to a peculiar set of circumstances, I had my body fall asleep completely, while my mind was completely awake. I wasnt dreaming, I was completely lucid: I was somewhere in between, trapped in a body I couldnt even feel. I couldnt see not because my eyes were closed, but because it was as though I had no eyes at all. No helpful imaginary landscapes, I was trapped in a darkness blacker then the depths of space. I couldnt even scream.

when I finally woke up, I viewed life as a blessing, and most of the time I still do.

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me
I experienced it frequently when I was a teenager.

That actually sounds nearly right, only it began as I was entering sleep, and persisted until I woke- I dont believe I ever actually entered a sleep state. (I think it was about 15min later, going by the clock.) And without hallucinations. And I Definately knew I wasn't dreaming. The scariest part was coming out of it, the almost painful way I began to feel my body again. *shudders* if you used to have that frequently, I salute your grip to sanity. Once was more then enough for me.

Distracting

Oh, wow. I would be terrified in a situation like that. The closest I've ever had is both my arms falling asleep. That was fun. Full body would get me with my claustrophobia. =/

On the note of lucid dreams, I've never had one. In fact, I don't believe people when they say that everyone has dreams no matter what. Unless dreaming entails a complete nothing from when I lose consciousness to when I regain it with feeling no different from when I went to sleep (that's generally emotionally), then I am apt to doubt the idea I stated earlier.

Aridas

I think I used to get sleep paralysis a rare few moments as a kid. But almost always I would go numb BEFORE I even went to sleep... You can imagine how crazy it must be to feel like your belt just tilted and you were falling. Kept me up in the early hours of the night. I wish I'd have more though. I always liked feeling like I fell onto the bed. it was the most exciting thing i've ever done in my life >_>

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: HeroZero on July 13, 2007, 03:50:12 AM
Oh, wow. I would be terrified in a situation like that. The closest I've ever had is both my arms falling asleep. That was fun. Full body would get me with my claustrophobia. =/

On the note of lucid dreams, I've never had one. In fact, I don't believe people when they say that everyone has dreams no matter what. Unless dreaming entails a complete nothing from when I lose consciousness to when I regain it with feeling no different from when I went to sleep (that's generally emotionally), then I am apt to doubt the idea I stated earlier.

Well, you couldn't always get complete nothing when you think about it.  According to books I've read on dream interpretation (including one by Sylvia Browne...yeah, a psychic, but a well-known one), it's actually fairly easy to forget what you're dreaming about within the first few minutes of waking up, absolutely and completely.  I should know, I remember very few dreams that I've had.  People dream during the REM stage of sleep, completely deep and out.  But depending on your health and how much sleep you actually get, people may not even get into the REM stage.

Keeping a journal about things you dream about is a good way to develop better dreaming skills, I've also heard.  The idea that dreaming is a skill to be mastered isn't at all far-fetched, since people train their long and short-term memories every day with trying to remember things and commiting them to learning.  As for sleep paralysis, it's really a natural thing.  If you moved in your sleep, you'd hurt yourself.  So the brain freezes parts of your body, sometimes while you're conscious and otherwise.  One of the books suggests that this is also your spirit exiting your body to explore.  Strange-feeling, but not at all harmful (I've actually tried to let my body freeze, just to see what happens...  :rolleyes ).

Geekiness aside...  :B

My dreams are usually just outright strange.  My worst ones didn't help with a fear of insects that I had as a very young child.  These days if there are insects involved I tend to fight back.  :3 

One of the few that I also remember vividly...before I moved to where I live now, I lived across the country in a fairly large apartment complex for quite a few years, and I knew every inch of the grounds.  One of my dreams, about a year or two ago, way after I moved from there, was of me visiting the place again.  I was in front of my old house, and everything was as it had always been...trees in their exact places and everything.

The only difference?  The curtains in the window were a different color and pattern.  Kinda peach-ish with flowers everywhere.

You think my dream is completely from a darn good memory of the place?  Not when our curtains were actually completely white.  So the soul thing isn't too far-fetched either.  Perhaps in my sleep I went back to visit and people have moved in already.

It's a cool thought anyway.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Ouai

As far as dreams go I only remember 4 that had any visuals. I don't want this to long so I'll just talk about one.

It starts in third person. A little boy is laying in bed, I would say about 8 years old. It goes to first person. I'm waiting for the right time to do something that I have been wondering about for a while I think.
Suddenly Its time. I reach under the bed/pillow/matress for a green lazer-light and lift the shades to look out the window. I shine my flashlight onto the neighbors porch and on the rale is something. I squint to look closer, It looks like skin wraped over bone with no fur. A cat like body with a long rat tail, 4 red eyes and a blockish head. About as big as a dog.
I panic, It saw me and jumps down to the ground out of sight. I try to run out of the bedroom but it has no door. Just a white room with a bed and a window.
I know its comming but im afrade to say anything. My back is agenst the wall waiting for it to come and kill me. I see its claws on the open window.

And I wake up with an adrenalin rush.  :U

R.A.M.

since were on the subject of lucid dreams,i had a dream where i was viewing myself from above falling and flailing like madman. the background looked like one of those austin powers 70's swirls. when i woke up i was on the floor  :)

xHaZxMaTx

Falling dreams feel cool. :)

Distracting

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 13, 2007, 07:27:53 PM
Well, you couldn't always get complete nothing when you think about it.  According to books I've read on dream interpretation (including one by Sylvia Browne...yeah, a psychic, but a well-known one), it's actually fairly easy to forget what you're dreaming about within the first few minutes of waking up, absolutely and completely.  I should know, I remember very few dreams that I've had.  People dream during the REM stage of sleep, completely deep and out.  But depending on your health and how much sleep you actually get, people may not even get into the REM stage.

Most of the time, there's no indication that I had done more than just lay down and close my eyes for a minute or two other than the obvious rested feeling. I dunno...whenever I have a dream, I have some kind of feeling left over and am wondering what the heck just happened.

Last night I had a dream about the lead guitarist of Def Leppard. That's all. Nothing other than that happened. We just kinda...stood there (well, he started playing guitar). I blame Moondance Jam for that. A dream I had a little under a year ago was slightly different, but very symbolic. I'll keep that particular one to myself, methinks.

crimson_wolf

I had a strange dream last night that i actually remember some of.

A good 80% of my dreams are first person. The dream to me seemed like a mix between okami, ghost rider, and some fantasy warrior stuff. in the dream i was a travelling swordsman with both blade techniques and brush techniques but on one of my "missions" that i was hired to do i was to track down some flaming skeleton guy on a flaming ox wich is i think the ghost rider part. When i actually find the guy the first thing he does is pulls out this big friggen axe from i don't know where and challenges me. Like geeze he could have at least introduced himself...During the fight i almost got killed because i was in controll but i eventually figured out a way to take down his ox without hurting it by using the bloom technique from okami and wrapping it in vines and flowers. soc with his ox out of the way he had no choice but to fight me on his own wich made my life a hell of alot easier...or so i thought. Turns out that the axe doesn't slow him down at all so while i was hauling ass trying to figure out a way to beat him he was darting around catching me at every turn. At this point i'm tired and pissed so i used the wind technique from okami and blew out his flames wich...didn't do anytrhing to my knowledge but it confused the hell out of him. Then remembering that one iron helm boss from okami i tryed attacking him while his flames were out turns out he's not as strong when he's not inferno style.

After a long frustrating battle with him i finally got him to back down so here i am sitting on the ground with no energy left and he says that i have to help him beat some crazy demon thing. I lifted myself off the ground and started talking to the guy and apparently he was sent by some council of riders to bring back the demon thing but he said he was too weak to stop it alone and that if i didn't help him he would put a cash prize on my head...figures. So after an extremely long journey wich i don't remember we came to the demon thing that looked just like orochi but...alot meaner. He told me that we can't attack it directly because of all it's heads and me being the stupid idiot i am thinking it's my dream i'm invincible rush the thing and jump into the air above it. worst thing i have ever done here i am getting my ass kicked while the ghost rider guy it shotting flames at it trying to make it put me down. I eventually got my balance and used the power slash from okami wich put i tiny scratch in all of it's heads giving me the chance i needed to get back onto the ground. once there i asked the ghost rider guy his plan and he says that if we can get above it we can strike it's body with a combined attack. I look at him and say that if he wants to go up there be my guest but there is no way in hell i'm getting beaten to death airborn style. Needless to say that made him really mad and he yelled at me and asked if i had a better plan. and of course i did instead of rushing it again i conjured up a bunch of bombs andblew the ground out from under it while it was stuck in the ground i got me and the flaming doushbag to massacre it's heads. after that he said that we still had to nuke the body otherwise it would just regenerate so we went to the hole and shot a crap load of energy into the hole disinigrating whatever was left of the bugger.

With his little mission done he said that he would take me back with him and give me a reward and i'm thinking kick ass i actually get something out of this. When i got to his place he brought out this huge treasure chest that was completely black and flaming. At this point i was thinking shiny new weapon  and then just as the chest opens a big light flashes out of it...and my alarm goes off and i wake up. first thing i'm thinking is stupid f*&kin alarm and then i realize that i didn't get to see my treasure. So yea needless to say iv'e been having a really bad morning because i still don't know what i was supossed to get.

And no i did not make this up.

Sunblink

Now, this isn't a new dream by any means, but it's one which deeply affected me and is most vivid in my mind due to how scarily realistic it was. Realism is something most of my dreams really lack, so this was something entirely new.

The description of the rest of the dream is going to be taken from a topic I've made about it on a different forum a long time ago:
The only 'weird' thing about it was how startlingly accurate it was: it took place at my house, you see, and unlike most dreams I have they got every detail of my house down pat, and in its current condition. Our screen enclosure, which was knocked down by Hurricane Wilma at the time, was gone, and the dream was able to emulate that.

The surroundings outside my house were even similar, although slightly eery-the skies were sort of a pale grey with a few sparse clouds, like it was going to snow or there was going to be a thunderstorm. Anyway, the dream still didn't make much sense--it just picked up from the minor implication that someone in the dream was stalking me, and that made the dream me unable to focus on her daily life out of fear. When she actually confronted dream!Mom (they got my Mom's physical appearance right, too!) she just got a flimsy promise that everything would be okay. Not like my real Mom at all.

Then the scene switched back into my room, where dream me was looking wistfully out her window, unfocused, until she saw a set of boots from beneath the hedge wall seperating her house (my house) from the neighbor's. 'Okay,' she thinks, 'Maybe it's just a gardener'. No, it wasn't a gardener, because she saw the guy coming right toward the big sliding glass window that I have that leads out to the patio. She ran toward it, and just met him.

His appearence: he was probably a drifter of some sorts, his clothing was in tatters and was dirty, only consisting of a grey sweatshirt and some cargo pants. Whether the hood of his sweatshirt was down or not isn't something I remember, but I was able to see his face well: his features were taut, pale, making him look malnourished, and his eyes low-set in his head from beneath a messy bowl haircut of black hair. Around my height (5'2" or 5'3", for those who need an exact estimate), but I was on a slightly elevated floor so I (er, dream me) had a bit of a height advantage by default.

Dream me and this guy just stared at each other for a while. She didn't move AT all, just stared blankly at him. He was glaring at her, like he was seething, but he didn't move either. At one point it seemed like the glass seperating them gave way, disappeared.

He said something before I woke up: "Like it or not, you'll soon be mine."

Description over.

Then I woke up, totally freaked the hell out. It was four in the morning at the time I woke up, so everything was extremely dark. I couldn't get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried, and eventually was forced to sleep facing the big sliding glass door leading out to the patio in my room because I was afraid to sleep with my back to it. Worst thing of all and pretty much cementing the weirdness of my dream was that the guy looked exactly like Roman Polanski.

...no explanation as to why I was freaked out needed.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

crimson_wolf

...Thats wierd. Maby it's a sighn, Like someone from your past is coming for you.

Tapewolf

I've finally stopped dreaming about collecting lost baggage at airports.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

crimson_wolf's dream
Wow...I almost am not sure weather or not to believe you about not making it up. The alarm clock ruining the final moment though...I would have gotten my sledgehammer if my alarm clock did that to me... :D

Keaton the Black Jackal's dream
specifically:
"Like it or not, you'll soon be mine"
:aack Whoa, you own mind was tormenting you like that...I honestly don't know what to say about that...

Angel

I had a dream two nights ago that I was a male werewolf. (This marks the first time I ever dreamed I was the opposite gender.) I lived with other werewolves around this big castle, with gray skies and a tall stone structure. My room was on the upper floors, with pure white furniture and a gray stone floor. And there was one werewolf who I knew was out to kill me. I even came up to my room at one point, noticing a lot of food had been placed there and marked with my name (which, sadly, I can't remember). But somehow, I knew it was a trap, glared at this TV screen that was in my room, and snapped at the guy not to play games with me. His face came on, and he looked smug as he told me others had been up to my room, eaten the food and were just fine. Then he mocked me for being paranoid, which pissed off my dream-self because he knew he was right.

The weirdest thing about this dream was that these werewolves seemed perfectly sane, normal, and not overly destructive in their wolf-forms, some staying as wolves for the entire day. They were even sentient. One puppy kept talking with me a lot, like I was his brother. He believed me; the others didn't seem to care.

Don't ask me what it means. I have no clue.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on July 24, 2007, 03:03:46 PM
The weirdest thing about this dream was that these werewolves seemed perfectly sane, normal, and not overly destructive in their wolf-forms, some staying as wolves for the entire day. They were even sentient. One puppy kept talking with me a lot, like I was his brother. He believed me; the others didn't seem to care.

Don't ask me what it means. I have no clue.

It means you're dead lucky.  I never get to dream about anthros.  Even DMFA ones have the cast as humans, it's not fair :(

Now, Crimson's thing about the alarm clock has just reminded me of a dream I had many, many year ago, one summer.  I was about 13, and when my parents went off to work, we were left with my grandmother.  I was woken from my dream by her arrival... kind-of.

In the dream, I was Frodo, accompanied by Sam.  We had the One Ring and we were walking down one of the ridgeways in Wiltshire, which led us to Rivendell.  I'd like to say that Silbury Hill was Mount Doom, but I'd be rationalising it.

Anyway, we did eventually get to Rivendell, which was my house, but unfortunately the Black Riders were in hot pursuit.  I ran into my room, trying to find somewhere to hide the ring, when the doorbell rang - it was the Black Riders, and my mother went and let them into the house so they could kill me.  Needless to say I woke up fairly soon after that...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

crimson_wolf

I've dreamt about anthros before but the dreams are never very long and i don't really have conversations with anyone. I like the dreams but i wish i could talk to them more.

(Quote
crimson_wolf's dream

Wow...I almost am not sure weather or not to believe you about not making it up. The alarm clock ruining the final moment though...I would have gotten my sledgehammer if my alarm clock did that to me... )

I would've but...then i wouldn't be able to get up at 6 am and that means i'd sleep in till noon or later And thats not good.

Shadrok

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 13, 2007, 09:25:07 AM
I think I used to get sleep paralysis a rare few moments as a kid. But almost always I would go numb BEFORE I even went to sleep... You can imagine how crazy it must be to feel like your belt just tilted and you were falling. Kept me up in the early hours of the night. I wish I'd have more though. I always liked feeling like I fell onto the bed. it was the most exciting thing i've ever done in my life >_>

I hate the feeling I have some nights. I'll lay down and be almost asleep when I'll feel like I about to fall out of bed, and jump only to realize I'm still in the middle of the bed.

As for dreams, I don't remember most, and those I do for the most part I remember like a movie that you've just walked in on during the middle.

I remember one I had a few years back, I'm driving this 30's style car as a gangster is leaning in and out the back window and looking behind us (I don't remember him firing anything just popping in and out the window). The funny thing is the whole time I'm turning right. As I start to feel myself wake up I don't want to, so I kept my eyes closed and try and let the dream continue but it fades to black as the guy in the back yells something at me and then it ends.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadrok on July 25, 2007, 12:39:01 AM
I remember one I had a few years back, I'm driving this 30's style car as a gangster is leaning in and out the back window and looking behind us (I don't remember him firing anything just popping in and out the window). The funny thing is the whole time I'm turning right. As I start to feel myself wake up I don't want to, so I kept my eyes closed and try and let the dream continue but it fades to black as the guy in the back yells something at me and then it ends.

"Turn left, you fool, you're driving off the road!" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadrok

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 25, 2007, 12:27:29 PM
Quote from: Shadrok on July 25, 2007, 12:39:01 AM

"Turn left, you fool, you're driving off the road!" ?

But it's a short cut.
:giggle

Sunblink

Quote from: crimson_wolf on July 24, 2007, 12:53:59 PM
...Thats wierd. Maby it's a sighn, Like someone from your past is coming for you.

I actually think it's more of retribution from, like, my creative mind for all those times I tormented my characters.  :( Not that that's going to stop me, though... >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal