06/09/07, Abel's Story #92, Didn't Go Exactly as Planned

Started by Sunblink, June 08, 2007, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: Kenji on June 09, 2007, 12:27:53 AM
It broke far too easily.

Aniz must've thought ahead and used some stool softener.
Or maybe Abel is just that strong?  He is an incubus...
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on June 09, 2007, 02:49:05 AM
Hm... Could one of the "homework" requirements for some SAIA class or another be to take over someone's life for a few years, and as long as you dont get detected, you pass... Perhaps creating a heir in the process gives extra credit? :P
If so, there's another reason for me not to like it.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

Quote from: Azlan on June 09, 2007, 04:23:41 AM
Quote from: Kenji on June 09, 2007, 12:27:53 AM
It broke far too easily.

Aniz must've thought ahead and used some stool softener.

Oh you!  I was so thinking of that same joke... but I thought better of it.  I must be getting soft...

Yes, you are getting soft... which makes it easier for people to pass you.    :giggle

*Alondro listens in*  And people wonder why I don't show up here often.  :erk  *leaves quickly!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Alondro on June 09, 2007, 10:31:32 AM
Yes, you are getting soft... which makes it easier for people to pass you.    :giggle

*Alondro listens in*  And people wonder why I don't show up here often.  :erk  *leaves quickly!*

Ah, so THAT'S why I don't see Alondro around unless Charline is flashing her bewbs...  :boggle

Naldru

What does Fa'Linna want.  She wants all cubi to go to SAIA.  What would get Aniz in trouble with Fa'Lina -- not taking Abel  to SAIA.  In addition, Aniz has now mentioned the possibility of staying with Abel and May, possibly to train Abel himself rather than taking Abel to SAIA for training.

Could this be a standard cubi training exercise.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

Quote from: Naldru on June 09, 2007, 11:07:23 AM
What does Fa'Linna want.  She wants all cubi to go to SAIA.  What would get Aniz in trouble with Fa'Lina -- not taking Abel  to SAIA.  In addition, Aniz has now mentioned the possibility of staying with Abel and May, possibly to train Abel himself rather than taking Abel to SAIA for training.

Could this be a standard cubi training exercise.

When did he mention that? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Nope, I missed nothing. I read through the last few pages again, and you're just full of it :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 09, 2007, 10:22:22 AM
Utter rubbish.  He is obviously wearing a ring of +20 resist chair.  Why do you think it's so prominent in all three frames?   >:3

Oh, and Netrogo? Ease off on the personal attacks, now.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

candide

Well okay then, indeed!

I'd been wondering if Aniz was the one who took his son to SAIA (better that he blame his father for not having a choice than blame himself for what he chose).  For the past 2 strips, I'd suspected as much.  But I didn't wanna make idle speculation.  :)

It also reinforces my post regarding the last strip:  Aniz isn't "beating his wife."  He's toying with her, like one of my cats running 'round the house with a mouse it's caught, but not killing it.  Mixed in with that, I sense Aniz demonstrating that he's a lot more powerful than he lets on.  I'm sure he let Abel bust that chair over him.  Probably knew it was coming.

I wonder if Aniz will... naah.  Let's wait for Amber herself to reveal what'll happen.  :D

Naldru

Take a look at page 94

"Since the speech was a bust, I guess there is no reason to stick around here."

That implies that he would have a reason to stick around if the speech wasn't a bust.  From his other statements, he implies that Fa'Lina would be less on his case if he left.  The only thing that Fa'Lina seems to care about is protecting and training young cubi.  Taking Abel to SAIA would result in Fa'Lina being less on his case.

Also, take a look at the body language and wording Aniz has used since revealing himself as a cubi.  The second panel of page 94 is the first time he hasn't taken a dominating position.  His face and posture seem relaxed, as opposed to the overly-theatrical scenery eating style of the past few pages.  He says "the speech was a bust" and "probably for the best",, hardly signs of total self-assurance.  He also admits that he would prefer not being in trouble with Fa'Lina, an admission that he is not in control of everything.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 09, 2007, 11:28:17 AM
Oh, and Netrogo? Ease off on the personal attacks, now.

Sorry, Net be good.

Quote from: Naldru on June 09, 2007, 11:41:57 AM
"Since the speech was a bust, I guess there is no reason to stick around here."

I'm pretty sure that was his way of saying he was about to up and leave. Speach failed, family miserable, no more reason to be here. I strongly doubt he was planning to stick around longer then doing his speach and adding insult to their injury.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Damaris

Someone mentioning that it would be best if they left is not mentioning the possibility of staying.

Possibly inferring, but not mentioning.

Which would make me think that this train of thought is wild crazy speculation, and I think it would be better if we didn't proceed down it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

AnizInDisguise

Come on Abel! At least now you have two wooden stakes to stab him with! (No, I'm not suggesting Aniz is a vampire.)

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on June 09, 2007, 12:07:58 PM
Come on Abel! At least now you have two wooden stakes to stab him with! (No, I'm not suggesting Aniz is a vampire.)

You're encouraging him to stab you?

Zedd

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 09, 2007, 12:24:50 PM

Its either that let him claw ya....

Aridas

Quote from: WhiteFire on June 09, 2007, 01:45:00 AM
Able at this point has not learned to shield his mind, thus one would assume that his father was aware of the impending attack. Going with that, he allowed it to happen, and perhaps defended himself magically. He certainly proved before he could dodge May's attack, again, likely because he heard her think it before she did it.
That'd require him making a mental note on the surface of his mind that he's going to hit him with a chair. Most people don't do that. When they're mad, they grab something, hit someone. They don't think about it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 09, 2007, 12:24:50 PM

No, he's encouraging Abel to stab Aniz.

AnizInDisguise has nothing whatsoever, to the extent of my knowledge, to do with Aniz himself. The former is a forumite, the latter a character in the strip...

... just in case there's any confusion, mind.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rabid_fox

If only Abel had gone for the Stone Cold Stunner instead of a chair shot. Oh, Abel, will you ever learn?

Oh dear.

Zedd

Quote from: rabid_fox on June 09, 2007, 03:43:27 PM

If only Abel had gone for the Stone Cold Stunner instead of a chair shot. Oh, Abel, will you ever learn?
If only May invested into those turnbuckles  :|

Akisohida

Methinks Aniz was going to do his speech, expect predictable reactions from everyone, toy with them more, and then leave dramatically with Abel in tow. 'Since the speech was a bust' now he can not garner the reactions he wants and leave with a proper flair. But since he seems very happy Abel hit him, I think he is going to knock Abel out and take him along, which end up with him leaving, with Abel, like he was planning all along.

..And I though my character backstory had it rough; having a father who is a Giant Spider (yes, the RPG-esqe monster) and thus hunted by people out to slay vicious beasts. :P
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

superluser

Quote from: Naldru on June 09, 2007, 11:07:23 AMWhat would get Aniz in trouble with Fa'Lina -- not taking Abel  to SAIA.

Yes, but he's expecting Fa'Lina to get on his case.  That suggests that he anticipates running into her again.  Which means that he probably intends for Abel to go to SAIA.

(I believe that's the part that's not wild, crazy speculation)

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 09, 2007, 01:09:40 PMThat'd require him making a mental note on the surface of his mind that he's going to hit him with a chair. Most people don't do that. When they're mad, they grab something, hit someone. They don't think about it.

He might not think it in words, but he might think it in images, and we seemed to see that `cubi can do that in Mind Reading 1.

Also, remind me not to be around Aridas when he's mad.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: superluser on June 09, 2007, 05:04:15 PM

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 09, 2007, 01:09:40 PMThat'd require him making a mental note on the surface of his mind that he's going to hit him with a chair. Most people don't do that. When they're mad, they grab something, hit someone. They don't think about it.

He might not think it in words, but he might think it in images, and we seemed to see that `cubi can do that in Mind Reading 1.

Also, remind me not to be around Aridas when he's mad.

All Aniz needs to feel Abel's murderous rage, and block the chair/stool with his WINGS... God, he is a incubus, and he has wing/tentacle that he can use by Morph them to defend himself and quick morph them back into his back.  And the boy wouldn't know what he hit.

PBH

Paul

Quote from: rabid_fox on June 09, 2007, 03:43:27 PM
Stone Cold Stunner sounds like a drink. One of those that are served with a miniature umbrella and a slice of lime on the glass.

... now I'm thirsty.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Kaerou on June 09, 2007, 10:18:03 AM
Wild Abel attacks!

But the Aniz takes no damage!

:U !

Someone said something about powergaming earlier?

Rambon

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 09, 2007, 07:12:55 PM

All Aniz needs to feel Abel's murderous rage, and block the chair/stool with his WINGS... God, he is a incubus, and he has wing/tentacle that he can use by Morph them to defend himself and quick morph them back into his back.  And the boy wouldn't know what he hit.

Err if you read a post from a previous thingy... you'd know he adores that shirt...

Whitemagebishieboy

Quote from: superluser on June 09, 2007, 08:31:48 AM
Boy, if he kills Hennya, it's really going to hit the fan.

The murder of a creature wouldn't even go to the C-B council.  It would presumably go directly to the creature authorities, who would treat that fairly seriously.

That doesn't make a lick of sense.
Why would the creature council care about the murder of a creature. Remember kria's little talk on power? The same reasons killing beings is a slap on the wrist is the reason that they would care less about creature on creature murders.

Naldru

Quote from: Damaris on June 09, 2007, 11:50:40 AM
Someone mentioning that it would be best if they left is not mentioning the possibility of staying.

Possibly inferring, but not mentioning.

Which would make me think that this train of thought is wild crazy speculation, and I think it would be better if we didn't proceed down it.

I may indeed have used the wrong word when I said that Aniz mentioned the possibility of staying instead of saying that his comments implied the possibility.

But with regard to wild crazy speculation, I wonder if we're reading the same forum.  So far, I've heard the following speculations.

Aniz is Devin's father.
Aniz is going to kill May.
May is going to kill Aniz.
Kria is going to attack Aniz.
Fa'Lina is going to attack Aniz.
Aniz is going to kill Hennaya.
Hennaya is going to kill Aniz.

And I'm not even going for the weirder ideas.

If mine are wild and crazy speculations, I guess that there are worse role models for this forum than Steve Martin.

The scientific method involves the creation of hypothesis and then testing them against events.  Sometimes the method of testing can be unusual.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_648.php

Kenji

Quote from: Naldru on June 09, 2007, 09:44:45 PM
Aniz is Devin's father.

No! I am Abel's father! Look into your heart. You know it to be true.  :trooper (Why don't we have a Vader emote? :U )

superluser

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on June 09, 2007, 08:51:22 PMThat doesn't make a lick of sense.
Why would the creature council care about the murder of a creature. Remember kria's little talk on power? The same reasons killing beings is a slap on the wrist is the reason that they would care less about creature on creature murders.

The might makes right speech seems to be based on the creature-being distinction.  Note that whenever they talk about how killing is OK, it's always about killing beings.

Also note that young creatures are going to be much less powerful than older ones, and I'm pretty sure that the law would have some protection for children, if for no other reason than to prevent a creature from killing her kid's murderer, the murderer's parents, siblings, kids, cousins, teachers &c.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Rambon

Quote from: rabid_fox on June 09, 2007, 10:49:21 PM

I dread Abel's Story ending.

So do I, So do I....but at lest the turtle dove's comic will start then...