eight hour DR WHO marathon.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, June 08, 2007, 10:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

Today there is an 8hr. Dr. Who marathon on sci-fi starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 4p.m.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Netrogo

Curse my lack of cable/satellite tv, curse it I say.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Oh boy! I love the show! *dances like a happy boy* The doctor is in the house!

Netrogo

Who?

(Ha, stole that joke before anyone else could :mwaha )

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, Who's on first. What's on second.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Out of curiosity, is there a listing of which episodes they're going to show?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

they showed one  with a stalker dude who became obsessed with the doctor, and later formed a group called LINDA. One featured the 2012 Olympics and had a girl who was possessed by an alien known as either the solus or soulless that "abducted children and fluffy animals" because it was loney. Now they are showing a two parter with the Cybermen and DarleK.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Their all so good..I wanna see the latest ones!

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2007, 01:01:23 PMNo, Who's on first. What's on second.

No, Samuel Hu's on first, Hector Watt's on second, and Phil Iduno's on third.

(What's that?  I'm the worst straight man you've ever hired?)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

I do await third season of that show.

Interestingly, they will be showing the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood on BBC America.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Caswin

Quote from: Zedd on June 08, 2007, 04:03:12 PM
I wanna see the older ones.  :eager
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on June 08, 2007, 05:10:07 PM
Quote from: Zedd on June 08, 2007, 04:03:12 PM
I wanna see the older ones.  :eager

A few years ago (like 13 or so) UK Gold did an 8-hour Dr. Who marathon.  It consisted entirely of Tom Baker material.

And now I think I need to watch Warrior's Gate again...

Zedd

Dont forget Logopolis...That one was breathtaker

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2007, 01:01:23 PM
No, Who's on first. What's on second.

Wait. What's the guys name on first base?

GabrielsThoughts

no who's on first, what's on second, I don't know who is on third. pay attention.

Alondro

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 08, 2007, 10:59:19 AM
Today there is an 8hr. Dr. Who marathon on sci-fi starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 4p.m.

I was at work from 7 am to 6:30 PM.  I just saw this now.    :<

Ah, the Who's On First routine.  My brother would be pleased that others know of it besides just us and other really old people.   But I don't give a darn.   ;)

And of old favorite Dr. Who episodes: Logopolis has to be up at the top, then there's the first one with Davros, and "Warrior's Gate", and the one in which Adric blowed up, and the one with the vampires on that E-space planet, and the final John Pertwee episode with the giant spiders, and the 5 Doctors episode, and the original alien killer manequins (w/ John Pertwee), and the final episode with Patrick Troughton with the renegade Time Lord who worked for that War planet to kidnap people from different eras for war simulations, and the first episode with the Mara (evil serpent spirit/parasite thingee), and the Tom Baker one with the last of the Jaggeroth (cyclops tentacle-headed thing with its personality split into several of Earth's time periods after its ship exploded and bathed the primordial puddle on early Earth with the energy it needed to jump-start evolution, and the one where The Master gets his new body... at last!  (remeber, the last three digits to save the world are 3-3-7!)

Yep, I'm a mega Dr. Who geek.  I've been watching since I was 5.  According to my aunt, I requested to watch it one Saturday night at her house by saying, "I'm just mad about Dr. Who." 

Total nerd from birth.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

You don't know who's on third? Well who's on second then?

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on June 08, 2007, 10:23:58 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 08, 2007, 10:59:19 AM

I was at work from 7 am to 6:30 PM.  I just saw this now.    :<

Ah, the Who's On First routine.  My brother would be pleased that others know of it besides just us and other really old people.   But I don't give a darn.   ;)

And of old favorite Dr. Who episodes: Logopolis has to be up at the top, then there's the first one with Davros, and "Warrior's Gate", and the one in which Adric blowed up, and the one with the vampires on that E-space planet, and the final John Pertwee episode with the giant spiders, and the 5 Doctors episode, and the original alien killer manequins (w/ John Pertwee), and the final episode with Patrick Troughton with the renegade Time Lord who worked for that War planet to kidnap people from different eras for war simulations, and the first episode with the Mara (evil serpent spirit/parasite thingee), and the Tom Baker one with the last of the Jaggeroth (cyclops tentacle-headed thing with its personality split into several of Earth's time periods after its ship exploded and bathed the primordial puddle on early Earth with the energy it needed to jump-start evolution, and the one where The Master gets his new body... at last!  (remeber, the last three digits to save the world are 3-3-7!)

Yep, I'm a mega Dr. Who geek.  I've been watching since I was 5.  According to my aunt, I requested to watch it one Saturday night at her house by saying, "I'm just mad about Dr. Who." 

Total nerd from birth.   :3
We could get along just fine..As long Zedd doesnt ruin things...*smirks*

kaskar

Is it the New Doctor Who's , or the others ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on June 08, 2007, 10:23:58 PM
And of old favorite Dr. Who episodes: Logopolis has to be up at the top, then there's the first one with Davros
Destiny of the Daleks.  Note that the Daleks use NAB-standard audio spools in their computers, thus guaranteeing tape production for the next thousand years.  Solid-state storage?  What's one of those?

Quote"Warrior's Gate", and the one in which Adric blowed up
Earthshock.  I haven't actually seen it.  Is that your favourite or Charline's, by the way?

Quoteand the one with the vampires on that E-space planet
State of Decay.  (It had some good lines but not one of my favourites.)

Quoteand the final John Pertwee episode with the giant spiders
Planet of the Spiders (I liked that one.  Didn't like much of Pertwee's run though)

QuoteAnd the original alien killer manequins (w/ John Pertwee)
Spearhead from Space, I do believe.  Allegedly it was only switched to colour owing to a strike at the BBC.

Quoteand the final episode with Patrick Troughton with the renegade Time Lord who worked for that War planet to kidnap people from different eras for war simulations
The War Games - almost an 8-hour marathon of its own :P

Quoteand the first episode with the Mara (evil serpent spirit/parasite thingee)
Don't know that one...

Quoteand the Tom Baker one with the last of the Jaggeroth
City of Death.  Abel's Story reminded me of that one a lot when Cid turned into Aniz.

Quoteand the one where The Master gets his new body... at last!
Keeper of Traken, I think - I haven't seen that for a while.

QuoteYep, I'm a mega Dr. Who geek.  I've been watching since I was 5.  Total nerd from birth.   :3

I wasn't, but my father corrupted me when UK Gold re-ran the Tom Baker series in 1994.  He said something like "this will be worth watching".  Now I can name virtually every Tom Baker episode from memory given a brief synopsis of the plot  :U

kaskar

8)     Yes , Been watching Doctor Who since I was a little kid . One character that was really good was the Master, and of course, Lela. While Sara-Jane Smith was in the series a long time, in the end she got a bit bland. In the end, it seems she got her own lighter show, (early one looked as if for kiddies)  ( icky ) called " The Sara-Jane  Smith Adventures " .   Cannot forget the robot dog K-9 . A dog everyone should have . Remember in the very first episodes of Doctor Who, where the dalek had it's head punched in, and one of the group got in to use the controls inside to get past. (early B/W) So much to remember. I feel at least a week for the marathon at least, maybe a month ....
8) Just Hanging Around ...