I think I like men now.
-Ralph Wiggum.

Somebody throw the God DAMNED BOMB!
-Marge Simpson

lucas marcone

gee thanks for the spoiler warning

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Arcalane link=topic=2896.msg135065#msg135065
i]"WAAAAAAAAARRGH!"[/i] - best death noise ever. Stick a 'leet with a plasma grenade or clip it with a rocket. Enjoy. :U

Most satisfying, too.

"I don't want to scare anybody, but all this blood over here is actually mine."
-I recall neither the character, nor the game.  I have a friend who does, though.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Raist on July 26, 2007, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: Arcalane link=topic=2896.msg135065#msg135065
"WAAAAAAAAARRGH!" - best death noise ever. Stick a 'leet with a plasma grenade or clip it with a rocket. Enjoy. :U

Most satisfying, too.
Indeed.  Every time I kill an Elite, I hope it makes that noise. >:3

techmaster-glitch

Fuyudenki

I would be a Scotch-Irish on the rocks if I jumped off a cliff.
-Jacob Rice(author of the Karnak Hates Everything show)

Shadrok

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

William Shakespeare's Macbeth, Act V, scene V

And one that always goes through my head when I'm feeling a little nutty.

"Sometime you feel like a... some time you don't."
80's Almond joy and Mounds commercial

King Of Hearts

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open manhole and die."
-Mel Brooks

superluser

Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 27, 2007, 06:05:40 AM"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open manhole and die."
-Mel Brooks

I find that this quote works extremely well if you say it completely deadpand and then walk away before anyone can start to laugh.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Arcalane

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on July 26, 2007, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: Raist on July 26, 2007, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: Arcalane on July 26, 2007, 05:40:32 AM
"WAAAAAAAAARRGH!" - best death noise ever. Stick a 'leet with a plasma grenade or clip it with a rocket. Enjoy. :U

Most satisfying, too.
Indeed.  Every time I kill an Elite, I hope it makes that noise. >:3

Well, as the extended version goes in one game I had;

Elite: "WAAAAAAAAARRGH!"
*CRUNCH*
Me: "Whoa! That one nearly landed on the bridge there!... shame there was that glass wall in the way, I guess."

:B (I was of course running around with a Rocket Launcher on that one part where there's two bridges above a canyon. The ends at the canyon walls are shielded by walls and big glass plates. One Elite was blasted clear of one side and flew across, flailing wildly until smashing into a glass plate on the opposite bridge.)

Janus Whitefurr

"Thank you for summoning us, Jackie. How may we serve you today?"
"The usual."
"Very good, sir."
Jackie and a Darkling, The Darkness: Level 2
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Arcalane on July 27, 2007, 11:50:33 AM
:B (I was of course running around with a Rocket Launcher on that one part where there's two bridges above a canyon. The ends at the canyon walls are shielded by walls and big glass plates. One Elite was blasted clear of one side and flew across, flailing wildly until smashing into a glass plate on the opposite bridge.)

one of the two-bridges sections in Assault on the Control Room.  Contrary to what many say, I believe this level, not the Library, is the longest, most boring level in the game.

xHaZxMaTx

Maybe, but that's why you steal one of the banshees on the bridge in front of the control room, instead of walking. :3  There's also a way to get a 'Shee at, like, the very beginning of the level, but I've nver been able to do it.  Ah, but we're getting off-topic...

Fuyudenki

I always did steal the Banshee, I thought it was part of the regular level.  I still thought AOTC was way too long and boring!

I think it's because you drive the Tank.  Scorpions don't move any faster than Spartans on foot, they've just got more firepower to them.

Cogidubnus

Hence, to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-The Art of War (III. 2)

Arcalane

Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 01:50:51 PM
I always did steal the Banshee, I thought it was part of the regular level.  I still thought AOTC was way too long and boring!

I think it's because you drive the Tank.  Scorpions don't move any faster than Spartans on foot, they've just got more firepower to them.

First response to acquiring ze tank; insane giggling and grinning.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Arcalane on July 28, 2007, 02:34:30 PM
Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 01:50:51 PM

First response to acquiring ze tank; insane giggling and grinning.

Wraith tanks, yeah.  I love indirect fire and boost.  Scorpions, not so much.  I prefer the Warthog, myself.(roadkill!)

techmaster-glitch

I used to hate Wraiths, Scorpions were always the way to got for me. Their direct firepower surpasses that of the Wraith, and they have a machinegun. I hated the Wraiths because I thought them to be sluggish, clunky, and the slow-moving projectile moving in a parabolic trajectory was quite a detriment.

But my feelings for the wraith changed completely when, on the map kinda like a wasteland with a crashed human cruiser next to a building, I got into a wraith, piloted it up to the split hill behind the two indestructable, immovable Covenant comm drop-pods, and killed my friend 16 times in a row. It was all thanks to the parabola of the plasma mortar. i could never have performed that feat with a Scorpion. That was a happy day for me. :boogie

But to get back on topic, here's a quote:

Dangit, Jim! I'm an astronamer, not a doctor! I mean, well yes, I'm a doctor, but I'm not that kind of a doctor, I have a doctorate, it's not the same thing, you can't help people with a doctorate, you just sit there and you're useless!
-Doctor Doppler, Treasure Planet

TheGreyRonin

Counter to Llearch a while back.

"I say we take off, nuke the entire site from orbit. Only way to be sure."

And I raise:

"Another glorious day in the Corps! Every meal is a banquet, every paycheck is a treasure, and every full march is a parade!"

bill

Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 04:10:34 AM

one of the two-bridges sections in Assault on the Control Room.  Contrary to what many say, I believe this level, not the Library, is the longest, most boring level in the game.
terrible level, terrible terrible level.

To be honest, 343 and The Maw were the only levels I really enjoyed in Halo. Library wasn't as bad as everyone said, though.

Arcalane

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 28, 2007, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: Raist on July 28, 2007, 04:10:34 AM

terrible level, terrible terrible level.

Also haet SPNKr-wielding FCFs in the second part where you're on that map and have to blow up the Pulse Generators or whatever they are. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on July 28, 2007, 06:47:03 PM
And I raise:

"Another glorious day in the Corps! Every meal is a banquet, every paycheck is a treasure, and every full march is a parade!"

"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!"

And I riposte:

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No. Have you?

And follow that with:

Hudson: Man, this floor is freezing.
Apone: What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers for you?
Hudson: Gee, would you sir? I'd like that.
[Apone points at his face with middle finger]
Apone: Look into my eye.

Ah, shucks. So many great lines, so little time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

If we're doing Alien quotes...

Oh, no.  Not again.
-- John Hurt

techmaster-glitch

Oh no, not again.
-The Bowl of Petunias, Hitchhiker's Guid To The Galaxy

EDIT: My bad. Petunias it is.
And what the heck would you be spoiling?

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 29, 2007, 09:12:40 PMOh no, not again.
-The Bowl of Porridge, Hitchhiker's Guid To The Galaxy

That would be petunias, and...well, I can't say more without spoiling.

xHaZxMaTx

Ah, that reminds me of 'The Thing'.

Oh, you gotta be f***ing kidding me.

Zedd

ZEEK BOOGY DOOG!-Zeeky H. Bomb

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zedd on July 30, 2007, 01:59:05 AM
ZEEK BOOGY DOOG!-Zeeky H. Bomb

THE DEMENTED CARTOON MOVIE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah! *BOOM*

I'm SuperBlah!

Bring out the Auto-Romeo Maker!

Bring out the Auto Damsel-In-Distress-Maker!

I'm bored.
Me too.
You wanna do something?
I don't know, what?
Neither do I...
Hey I know, Let's play 'toss the H-bomb!'
Yeah!
WHEEEEEE!
BOOOM.

King Of Hearts

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war... then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war... then make all peoples holy."

superluser

you have to throw out the old version before starting ie 4. Ms has a version on their site that fixes the mail security bug. check it out.
- Koko the Gorilla, during Clinton's deposition to Kenneth Starr