Ni Hau Ma!

Started by Kryptic, June 04, 2007, 10:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptic

^ Because I feel the need to write in Cantonese.  :3

I'm Kryptic. Because C's are overrated.

I recently discovered DMFA - and I'm thoroughly hooked. So thus, I felt a need to join the forum.

If you want to know anything about me, here's a list:

- That avy over there? That's a Cardigan Corgi under the moniker Audacity. She's funny.  :giggle
- I play the Bassoon. For rizzle. I also play saxophone and flute. And a Andes ethnic instrument called a Siku.
- I own several rabbits, my buddy being a nice buck named Chauncey. He has a severe obsession with yogurt drops.
- My second toe is longer than my first.
- I'm naturally blond.
- I like stuffing, usually the Stovetop Chicken variety. Chicken ramen runs a close second.
- I have gone to a ninja class before.
- No: I don't really know Cantonese.

... And that's all you get.  Howdy.

Roureem Egas

Naturally blond Asian...? Inconceivable! (by the way, I think that's more Mandarin pinyin than Cantonese. It certainly looks different than the way I'd romanize it. :P)

Well anyways, welcome!

Darkmoon

Quote from: Kryptic on June 04, 2007, 10:39:21 PM

Shouldn't that be Kryptik, then?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Kryptic

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 04, 2007, 10:48:36 PM
Quote from: Kryptic on June 04, 2007, 10:39:21 PM

Shouldn't that be Kryptik, then?

True.... Hrm. I always liked it with the C at the end though. The second K makes it look too... Russian, maybe. I usually use KrypticKlaws when Kryptic is already used - and two K's  in a row would be excessive.

Alas. Now I have to find a new tagline.

As for the Mandarin/Cantonese, my dad speaks Cantonese, and I just asked how to say "hello" one day - it ended up in a long discussion, and it stuck in my brain. Never pondered the romanization though. But it's hard to convey tonality in text, you know what I mean?

EDIT: Oh, Roureem Egas (Have a nickname, my any chance? ) I just noticed your Signature - you like .hack? Coolness! .Hackers are few and far between, it seems. Have you read Legend of the Twilight or watched Sign?

Roureem Egas

Yeah, I get that. It's a bit of a hassle digging up such and such special letters and characters just to convey all that. I'd have to go search through MS Word if I were to try. <_<;;

Netrogo

Fresh meat >:] .... Errr I mean. Hey there :)
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

xHaZxMaTx

Hi.  I'm not one for excessively long posts. :)

Darkmoon

That was actually quite long for him.

And no, I'm not just referring to the size of his cock.

superluser

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 05, 2007, 12:41:07 AMAnd no, I'm not just referring to the size of his cock.

Geez, you seem to be getting awfully personal, recently.  Not judging, just commenting.

P.S. Look at that fat cock!

P.P.S. Welcome Kryptic.  Have a muffin.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netami

Someone say cock?

Awww.

Wait, isn't it Ni Hao? Isn't that in some sort of NON ENGLISH SPEAK?!

RJ

Quote from: superluser on June 05, 2007, 01:25:18 AM

:< But that's my thing!

Hi Kryptic, have this basket of muffins instead. :rj

Netrogo

*rolls his eyes* Before Netami runs off to tattle on you to daddy or something. One of the rules of the forum is no posting in other languages. I'm pretty sure a friendly greeting in your native tongue is fine but I figure I'll give you a heads up Kryp.

Netami

Perhaps you could sway me with a native tongue greeting.

Netrogo

Well I'm from Toronto and I used to be a courier so I'm sure I can give you a friendly greeting in my native tongue

:mwaha

Netami

Tongue! Use the TONGUE!  :superlick

Netrogo

Netami

Cemalidor

:U Tongues.... have to flee.....

Well, anyway, welcome to the forum. ^^

R.A.M.

yo welcome. have fun and be careful of some people (jk)
dude i have to post more :/

i was R.A.M. by the way

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 01:43:29 AM
One of the rules of the forum is no posting in other languages. I'm pretty sure a friendly greeting in your native tongue is fine but I figure I'll give you a heads up Kryp.

*cough* another one is "no being the forum police" :-]

And the first one is actually "if you post in another language, post a translation or a link to a translation, and we'll be reasonable" - after all, we're all supposed to be reasonable people here, no? :-]

Oh, and welcome to the forum. If you haven't discovered RJ's muffins yet, I'd suggest stepping back from the basket. Particularly if it's ticking.

-Way- back. Like, several hundred kilometres...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Darkmoon

Quote from: superluser on June 05, 2007, 01:25:18 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on June 05, 2007, 12:41:07 AMAnd no, I'm not just referring to the size of his cock.

Geez, you seem to be getting awfully personal, recently.  Not judging, just commenting.

P.S. Look at that fat cock!

Well geez, it's not like I also mentioned that he's got three testicles, and odd growt on his neck, and the last vestiges of a siamese twin sticking out of his back, now did I?

No, because I was just being playful. There's no reason to make him sound like a freak, now is there?

;)

Metal Juggernaut

Howdy hey.Tip for you...get to the nearest armorer A.S.A.P....because many people will throw random things at you...

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Another new person? Where are they all coming from?

*ahem* Hi, and welcome to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

Please make sure to leave your remaining sanity (if any) in the secure storage provided, and do make sure to keep your claim ticket.

About the muffin basket: if it begins ticking or fizzing, don't panic - just put it down carefully, and then RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

As for the rest - just remember not to trust llearch. You should be fine.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy.

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Netrogo

Quote from: LionHeart on June 05, 2007, 11:12:03 AM
*appears in a flash of blue light*

Another new person? Where are they all coming from?

*ahem* Hi, and welcome to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

Please make sure to leave your remaining sanity (if any) in the secure storage provided, and do make sure to keep your claim ticket.

About the muffin basket: if it begins ticking or fizzing, don't panic - just put it down carefully, and then RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

As for the rest - just remember not to trust llearch. You should be fine.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy.

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*

Well SOMEONE knows how to make an entrance :erk

Suwako

Yo

*cool pose, leaning against a wall and all that jazzz*

llearch n'n'daCorna

*joins Aiyno, leaning against the wall, which promptly falls over*

Ewps. Sorry about that, Aiyno. I guess I ruined your cool pose...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

*Turns to see Aiyno sprawled out on the floor, completely missing his earlier cool pose* Yeah nice entrance there Aiyno :erk

Suwako

*regains cool posts and smirks looking down at the ground; "you learn to stand up from falling down." and totally ignores the fact that the coolness is already gone.*  >:3

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 05, 2007, 07:43:02 AMWell geez, it's not like I also mentioned that he's got three testicles, and odd growt on his neck, and the last vestiges of a siamese twin sticking out of his back, now did I?

No, because I was just being playful. There's no reason to make him sound like a freak, now is there?

;)
It's all the hazardous materials I smuggle home, right? :P