Whoa...

Started by Kogitsune, June 04, 2007, 01:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kogitsune

I started a topic to show people an avatar I made (well, it sucked. Still!) and it turned into a "whose signature is better" contest... And people cussed... I thought this was a pg-13 forum...  :erk

rabid_fox

To tip my hat to Mab, you're such a snubberpubber. That's right. I went there.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kogitsune on June 04, 2007, 01:09:56 PM
I started a topic to show people an avatar I made (well, it sucked. Still!) and it turned into a "whose signature is better" contest... And people cussed... I thought this was a pg-13 forum...  :erk

Ah... no.

The Outer Fortress is "almost anything goes" - let's not be overly blatant about it, since there are children reading, but really, we figure if you're here, you can handle a little light swearing.

The Lost Lake Inn is PG rated. Other than that, the rating varies - check the comments in the main page, if you're not sure.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

A topic about signatures? How could I miss it? :cry
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Netrogo

Llearch is right. If you look on the main page of the forums you'll see that only Lost Lake Inn and The Arena have the little (pg) thing next to them. Also you mentioned it being pg-13. If it was PG-13 then swearing would be fine, look up the rating codes and you'll see that swaring in moderation is fine it's when it goes overboard that swearing increases the rating beyond that.

Example saying fuck once or twice is grounds for a pg-13. However forming an entire line of text out of nothing but adjectives and the word fuck combined is another story entirely (The movie Boondock Saints is a good example of this :giggle )

EDIT: Oh and the Haunted Mansion, aka the role playing section, is rated PG-13
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on June 04, 2007, 02:20:51 PM
Llearch is right.

llearch is an admin. llearch -better- be right, otherwise he'll be misleading everyone. :-]

Netrogo

OH GOD I'm agreeing with authority. *runs off to scald himself in hot water* Must... remove... taint...

bill

However forming an entire line of text out of nothing but adjectives and the word fuck combined is another story entirely (The movie Boondock Saints is a good example of this :giggle )
You forgot the watershed example: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Netrogo

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 04, 2007, 02:54:46 PM
However forming an entire line of text out of nothing but adjectives and the word fuck combined is another story entirely (The movie Boondock Saints is a good example of this :giggle )

Can't remember much of that movie, only saw it once when I was younger. Thanks for the back up example though.

bill

The whole movie was innocent enough, but this scene got it an R rating.

xHaZxMaTx

Wow, I don't remember that scene. :erk  Makes sense, though, since I saw it on TV.

Netrogo

The TV version was probably cut down to...

"I want a car!"

"No"

"Awww..."

Darkmoon

If it's not labeled as PG or PG13 on the main page, it's R.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Paul

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 04, 2007, 02:54:46 PM
I see your clips and raise with Snatch. Out-swear that;)

Netrogo

Nice clip man but it doesn't fit the category we're going for. We're citing specifically where one single person goes on a tyrade and swears like crazy. That trailer, where full to the brim with swearing, is all of the cursing form the entire film. Our clips are both single characters swearing on their own for an extended period in the film.

Anyone can swear a dozen times in a two hour movie. A real asshole does it all in thirty seconds :giggle

bill

The PTA one gets extra points for the dearth of swearing in the rest of the movie.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The difference is, Paul, that that Snatch episode is sliced out of the entire movie.

Whereas the PT&A episode is standalone.

... I'll admit Snatch has a slightly better range of choices, though. :-)

Darkmoon

I far better range of choices, yes.

I do think you could do that kind of trailer with just about any Tarantino-esque movie, though.

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 04, 2007, 03:03:29 PMThe whole movie was innocent enough, but this scene got it an R rating.

Funnily enough, I didn't remember any excessive swearing in PTA, but as soon as you mentioned ``this scene,'' I said, ``Oh, I think I remember that scene!''  (I did not remember that scene)

Other films with some good swearing:

Blues Brothers (with the Penguin)
Four Weddings and a Funeral
The Big Lebowski

Snatch also had the most vulgar line I've ever heard, ``In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again.''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

Puscifer's song "Revelation 22:20" has the best line, I think:

"Jesus is coming / and so am I..."

Followed only by, later in the song:

"Jesus is risen / it's no surprise / even he would / murder his momma to ride to hell between those thighs..."

Netrogo

If we wanna switch to nominating songs then I bring 'ICP - Fuck the World' to the table.

Darkmoon

Eh, fuck the world? It's so overt isn't not even fun.

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on June 04, 2007, 10:36:54 PMIf we wanna switch to nominating songs then I bring 'ICP - Fuck the World' to the table.

We Fucked The World might be better, just for the WTF factor.  Latex puppets of Sylvester Stallone speaking in a stereotypical French accent?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?