Important news from Amber

Started by Netrogo, May 26, 2007, 12:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Hey all, appologies if this shouldn't go here. I ran into Amber at the con today, however it took some finding cuz she didn't have on her hat. Specifically she told me she forgot the hat at home. After talking to her for a bit I told her I'd post something on the forum to let everyone know that to spot Amber you must look for her turtle backpack and Dan plushie cuz, again, the hat is not there.

On a side note I must admit this is one of the more interesting reasons I've had to register at a forum :mowhappy
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

ChaoSynergy

If you see her again, tell her ChaoSynergy says "HAY".

She wont know who the feck I am though, which will be lulz.

Netrogo

thegayhare

Could you give her a big gay hug from TGH too?

and some cookies if you have any on hand give her cookies from me too

Fuyudenki

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 01:12:07 AM
Could you give her a big gay huge from TGH too?

and some cookies if you have any on hand give her cookies from me too

a big, gay, huge what?

:erk No, that can't be right...

(hmm, not as funny as I'd expected.  TGH, you and I both need to stop posting when we're this tired.)

Oh, and have fun at the anime con, Amber!(don't bother relaying that, you probably can't figure out how to pronounce my handle, anyway.  I can't figure out how to properly pronounce it.  Japanese "fu" is a difficult phonetic.)

Netrogo

I'll just write out as many of the greetings and what not as I can (printer's broke) and show 'em to her at the con :mowwink

Anyways off to bed with me, sooner to bed sooner to rise, sooner to con XD

RJ

Tell her RJ unfortunately caused a mass annihilation of the forum with the chibi Nutmeg picture :<

So, any bad cosplays yet?

Netami

I expect a big, gay huge when I go to a convention now.  :januscat

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on May 26, 2007, 01:20:28 AMI'll just write out as many of the greetings and what not as I can (printer's broke) and show 'em to her at the con :mowwink

Aww, crap.  I want to wish her well, and since it will actually get relayed, I really should say something, but I'm always bad at this stuff.  (Get well cards are the worst.)  Let's see...

Have fun, Amber, recharge your batteries, soak up the creativity, but most of all, relax and unwind!

Oh, and pictures/tales of Man-Faye, should he be there.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: Netami on May 26, 2007, 01:40:33 AM

No no Netami what you get coming after you is a big huge gay...

just picture the hulk with a rainbow flag and pink triangles

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 26, 2007, 01:14:46 AM

a big, gay, huge what?

:erk No, that can't be right...

(hmm, not as funny as I'd expected.  TGH, you and I both need to stop posting when we're this tired.)

LOL

or when I'm excited or angery... you haven't even seen the worst of my typos yet

but oddly this is about the time of day I do my best story writing

course thats got spellcheck on it  and I'm to lazy to upgrade to the firefox that does too

LionHeart

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 01:48:57 AM
Quote from: Netami on May 26, 2007, 01:40:33 AM

No no Netami what you get coming after you is a big huge gay...

just picture the hulk with a rainbow flag and pink triangles

You mean like this guy? ;)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Zedd

Tell her me and Charilne miss her so!

Kenji

Hope she's enjoying the anime-cian convention-on.
Too bad she forgot the hat, though. She could make quick escapes with it by pulling the face down over her eyes and running down the hall...
Anyways, yeah, tell her we all say hi and other such comments.

Netrogo

Well I should be heading to the con in about an hour or so, I'm gonna try just printing the page from the site (printer broke so no promises) if it doesn't work I'll write 'em all out ^^

Goatmon

Quote from: Netrogo on May 26, 2007, 12:54:45 AMOn a side note I must admit this is one of the more interesting reasons I've had to register at a forum :mowhappy

I called it.   :3

Netrogo

You called that a complete stranger would register for the forum because they met Amber at the con and found out she forgot her hat so they offered to come let everyone on the forum know? Wow, you ARE psychic.

Darkmoon

No, but if you know Mab well enough, you know she'll forget something.

I'm amazed that there hasn't come a day yet where she's managed to forget to get dressed.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Talashar

Quote from: Netrogo on May 26, 2007, 12:54:45 AM
...however it took some finding cuz she didn't have on her hat....

is there no easier way to identify the ever elusive Amber ? (such as an actual picture)
what ever happened to the wedding photos which were promised at some point ?

ITOS

I hope she is enjoying herself, with out without hat. :)
This generic comment was brought to you by:

thegayhare

Well if anyone wants I still have Amber images from last AC to help with the amber spotting

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on May 26, 2007, 03:22:13 PM
Well if anyone wants I still have Amber images from last AC to help with the amber spotting
The AC2006 photo thread can be found here:
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum3523.htm

A cool video of Amber and the APF team can be found here:
http://idisk.mac.com/admford-Public/APFAnswers.avi?disposition=download+9788
It has the mow hat and the Ti'Fiona doll mentioned in the filler strip.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Roureem Egas

Well that was interesting to see. c: It's pretty cool seeing everyone offline, evven if I probably will never get a chance. I've only been to one con and I know my parents are unlikely to ever drive me there again. >_>

Now I have to figure out why I thought Shades was Asian.

Kenji

Quote from: Roureem Egas on May 26, 2007, 03:57:34 PM
Now I have to figure out why I thought Shades was Asian.

And I must figure out why I kept reading "Asian" as "Azlan".

Naldru

If she did forget her clothes, I would hope that somebody would be kind enough to tell her before she got too far.  (Preferably a female somebody.)

I do remember one time at a convention in St. Louis when I told my daughter that Ted Raimi was downstairs giving autographs.  I had never seen her get out of bed and get dressed so quickly.  Having seen her reaction, I wouldn't be suprised if there were other fans who would forget to change from night clothese to regular clothes before trying to get an autograph.  However, I'm not sure who would be able to get a response like that from Amber.

I also seem to remember a person at a convention carrying a towel and wearing pyjamas representing a character from Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Universe.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wildrows

I just realized how much larger this con is when you're semi-actively looking for someone. Of course, having a swollen ankle from a recent pool related hopefully not chlorine infect injury doesn't help. Oh well. I'm having fun regardless. :)

bill

Even more noobs, I can't keep up!  :U

AnizInDisguise

Well, if our greetings are being relayed, then I want to say this:

Have fun Amber, and whatever you do, DON'T run away from the cosplayers! They love the thrill of the chase!

Wildrows

Quote from: BillBuckner on May 26, 2007, 07:45:51 PM
Even more noobs, I can't keep up!  :U
Pfft, I've been here lurking for ages and you just didn't notice! >:3

bill

QuoteDate Registered:     May 23, 2007, 04:45:51 PM

O RLY?

superluser

Quote from: Naldru on May 26, 2007, 07:34:01 PMI do remember one time at a convention in St. Louis when I told my daughter that Ted Raimi was downstairs giving autographs.  I had never seen her get out of bed and get dressed so quickly.

You have an awesome daughter.  Outside of geek fandom, few people in the world even know who Ted Raimi is.

Quote from: Naldru on May 26, 2007, 07:34:01 PMI also seem to remember a person at a convention carrying a towel and wearing pyjamas representing a character from Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Universe.

Hmmm...  Sorry, it wasn't me. (I wasn't at a con)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?