6/14/07 Call of Compthulu!! (ok so it's not really a strip...)

Started by Nikki, June 15, 2007, 12:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

outch .. tentatcle based computer problems .. meep! indeed.

Valynth

Quote from: Catffeinated on June 15, 2007, 10:00:06 PM
:erk Exactly why did this turn into an alcoholic drink discution?

Because they go so well with tentacles entering in to orifices usually reserved for an activity that the tentacles attempt to simulate.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkmoon

That was a round about way to say it's good to get drunk when you're looking at tentacle-fooking.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Valynth

Quote from: Darkmoon on June 15, 2007, 10:34:21 PM
That was a round about way to say it's good to get drunk when you're looking at tentacle-fooking.

To be precise it was a "Rating Upholding" way of saying that.   :grin
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Feroluce

Quote from: Catffeinated on June 15, 2007, 10:00:06 PM
:erk Exactly why did this turn into an alcoholic drink discution?

sorry, I think that was me. I made the mistake of offering Kahlua to Xze-xze

And Kahlua and cream is great, especially with ice. I think thats one of my favorite ways of getting inebriated. I also did find Butterscotch last night. >.>;; there might even be some left. and funnily enough, I could never get used to the taste of Guinness, its just a lil too dark for me ^^;

uhh... imagine me saying something on topic here. <.<

Nerikull

Guinness, like many alcoholic beverages, is an acquired taste.

I love it, myself.

Scotch, on the other paw....PLEH! Nasty stuff.
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

thegayhare

Oddlybefore the Compthulhu comic came out I started rereading my copy of Cthulhu 2000,  a group of stories based on HP Lovecrafts mythis.

One of them is called Pickman's Modem (a play on the lovecraft story Pickman's Model) Pickmans Modem is Basicly about how compthulu (they never use that term mind you) invades internet forums threw a mysterous  archaic modem purchased second hand from the Miskatonic Data systems

Brunhidden

Quote from: thegayhare on June 16, 2007, 04:13:55 PM
Pickmans Modem is Basicly about how compthulu (they never use that term mind you) invades internet forums threw a mysterous  archaic modem purchased second hand from the Miskatonic Data systems

I believe someone on this forum just said "DAMNIT! my covers blown"

the question is who that was

QuoteDonchu be lookinat me boyh. Ah brought you into this world, ah can make another one just like you.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

thegayhare

::fatal out of cheese error::
::please reboot universe::
::Ia!FThAGN!Ia!CTHulHu!::

Brunhidden

THE CHEESE IS MINE! you cant have any so  :mowtongue

and you forgot to divide by cucumber *provides tech support for unspeakable horror friend*

QuoteBush. Love him or hate him at least he killed a lot of arabs.

Netrogo

So I guess since it's not actually a strip it's not actually a thread either ^^.

*Runs around waving his hands over his head like a maniac for no apparent reason*

Whoo spam!

Okay, I'm done. *bows and leaves*
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Im sure anyone can make a computer evil it would be H.P Lovecraft type viruses

kaskar

:mowmeep         Do you use spirits while working on your computer ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Brunhidden

Sadly neither the Necronomicon or Necrotelenomicon is compatible with any disk drives i know of, not even Hewlet Packard versions.

Unless you meant "do you use alcohol to operate your computer", which could either be a wonderful green energy source or a great deal of vodka...which just makes online conversations more fun.

QuoteFrom a lonely stars
Beyond the verge of universe
A sound is choing
Call from another world
Lights from Sirius
Will take your from Oblivion:
dagon is here again

When you watch the sky
You feel a longing from the stars
Enter the limitless
Answer the call you hear
When you take the step
To free yourself from modern life
The sky will shine again
Call of Dagon!
The Deep One is calling you!

Netrogo

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 18, 2007, 03:45:02 AM
Sadly neither the Necronomicon or Necrotelenomicon is compatible with any disk drives i know of, not even Hewlet Packard versions.
Unless you meant "do you use alcohol to operate your computer", which could either be a wonderful green energy source or a great deal of vodka...which just makes online conversations more fun.

Alcohol makes EVERYTHING better.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

And Brunhidden tells fishy quotes. What else is new? :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 18, 2007, 03:45:02 AM

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but there are some small alcohol-based fuel cells under development and they are seriously being considered for powering laptops.

With regard to the compatibility issues mentioned above, could it be because Windows does not allow rivals in its quest for world domination. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.