6-6-07 Abel's #91 -> Flowers

Started by Faerie Alex, June 05, 2007, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitemagebishieboy

Aniz is a magnificent bastard. He deserves applaud and praise.

Fiction needs more true bastards and less "misunderstand emo pieces of crap."

I also find it funny that you people like kria and hate aniz. Aniz is bastard, kria is a mass murdering psychopath. Ahhh people are funny.

kaskar

:mowninja    People love to hate some characters. Aniz is not a hero, he is an anti-hero , the type people love to hate . Is there a thumbs up for Aniz ? That's what gives him character. In the Guise of 'Cid' he could have blended into the wallpaper. The true Aniz stands out now ...

And I can fight to the death for my right to be wrong about things from time to time ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Whitemagebishieboy

Quote from: kaskar on June 07, 2007, 07:04:20 AM

People love to hate some characters. Aniz is not a hero, he is an anti-hero , the type people love to hate . Is there a thumbs up for Aniz ?

Correction aniz is a villain.
Kria is more an anti-hero since shes aligned with the protagonists.

Still it's funny, its ok for kria to be a mass murderer, but when someone is committing a pretty detailed assault to someone made to be sympathetic(cant spell sympathetic without pathetic!) thats its terrible evil that deserves being killed for!

kaskar

:mowninja In saying he was an anti-hero, does that also exclude villain and a barstard ? I think not. 

Aridas

Quote from: googuhlA protagonist who displays faults and is unsympathetically portrayed. Eg Eddie Carbone in Arthur Miller's "A View From The Bridge", William Shakespeare's Othello and "Macbeth.
www.kentaylor.co.uk/die/materials/docs/lessons/yr12/edmonton1/a_level_glossary.html

In literature and film, an anti-hero is a central or supporting character that has some of the personality flaws traditionally assigned to villains but nonetheless also has enough heroic qualities or intentions to gain the sympathy of readers or viewers. Anti-heroes can be awkward, obnoxious, passive, pitiful, or obtuse; but they are always, in some fundamental way, flawed or failed heroes. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-hero

So no. Not anti-hero. Never.

Kaerou

Where have I seen that circle under the crystal ball before? Hmm..

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Alondro

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on June 07, 2007, 06:03:04 AM
Aniz is a magnificent bastard. He deserves applaud and praise.

Fiction needs more true bastards and less "misunderstand emo pieces of crap."

I also find it funny that you people like kria and hate aniz. Aniz is bastard, kria is a mass murdering psychopath. Ahhh people are funny.

That's why I like Aizen from Bleach.  He's evil, plain and simple.  There's no reason behind his actions other than wanting to ascend to higher and higher levels.  He craves MORE POW-AH!!  And he's slick and sinister and very patient, waiting decades for his plans to come to fruition, willing to disguise his true nature and aid his enemy for as long as he has to to get what he needs from them...

*blinks*  Could he be related to Aniz?  Aniz-Aizen.. 3 letters are the same!  It must be a conspiracy!   :U

*Charline grrs*  Shut up!  You're dead!

*Charles blahs*  I have returned!  And I crave brainz!   :zombiekun2
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

I didn't know they had the yellow pages back then. Huh... live and learn. o:

Zedd

No its Yellow book not other book though D:<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on June 07, 2007, 09:50:28 AM
*blinks*  Could he be related to Aniz?  Aniz-Aizen.. 3 letters are the same!  It must be a conspiracy!   :U

Four letters, actually. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

An Anti-Hero is a Hero who does things through not so good means. The Punisher is the prime example. He's always striving to do the right thing, however he usually does it with bullets. Little girl kidnapped and held for ransom? Punisher will barge into the building and shoot everything in there the goons, the mastermind, hell even the dog in order to save the little girl.

Aniz is NOT a freaking hero, he's not an anti-hero. The closest to hero Aniz would get is at Mr. Sub.

Aniz. Is. A. Villain. Period. Exclamation Point. [/end of discussion]
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Manawolf

Yeah, to be an anti-hero, you still have to do something heroic, otherwise, you're just another immoral villain.  That's how it.  Kratos is another example of an anti-hero.  Sure, he killed his family and plenty of innocents, but he's also trying to redeem himself by slaying the forces of evil and petty gods.

Aniz has done jack shit beyond being an asshole.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Manawolf on June 07, 2007, 02:40:52 PM
Aniz has done jack shit beyond being an asshole.

Technically, he's done everything Cid did. The problem with that is, we don't know what he actually did...

For all we know, he decided to "retire" as soon as Aniz took over. Which means Aniz didn't do any "Adventuring" at all. On the other hand, he might have been adventuring for a while, protecting the town for some time. We really don't know either way.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

We don't really know what he did with his days, and that's just it, he could have been doing just about anything other than adventuring (at least not the heroic stuff, more like stealing, extortion and other immoral acts).

Naldru

Quote from: Manawolf on June 07, 2007, 04:48:23 PM
We don't really know what he did with his days, and that's just it, he could have been doing just about anything other than adventuring (at least not the heroic stuff, more like stealing, extortion and other immoral acts).
How do I know the universe doesn't vanish while I sleep?  How do I know that everybody else on earth isn't conspiring to deceive me.  When you get right down to the basics, the only thing that anybody actually knows is that they personally exist in some form, since they couldn't be wondering about their existence if they didn't exist.

I'm an agnostic with regard to Aniz's motives.  An agnostic is a person who knows he doesn't know, but also knows that you don't know either.

We do have the following statements about what what Aniz was doing for the past several years.  I also assume that Aniz was interacting with other adventurers, making a completely false life more difficult.  Certainly, nobody in either of the towns had any reason to suspect that Aniz was anything except a heroic adventurer.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_14.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_17.php

By the way, can anybody point to a specific statement by Aniz, acting as either Cid or Aniz, that turned out to be a lie.  I can see two acts of deception.  One was concealing the fact that he was a cubi (admittedly a biggie).  The second was when, after seeing the headwings on Abel, he brought up the question as to whether May had been faithful.  However, this second act of decption was aborted when he revealed that he was a cubi.

Benjamin Franklin had a saying that may be appropriate:  When in doubt, tell the truth.  It will confound your enemies and amaze your friends.

I think that I may have a different interpretation about the flowers on the grave.  I believe that he is saying that he will remember her for the rest of his long life, which would actually be quite a statement for a race known for a short attention span.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Manawolf

It's kind of easy to surmise that he was mocking her with that statement.

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 07, 2007, 11:25:45 AM
Quote from: Alondro on June 07, 2007, 09:50:28 AM

Four letters, actually. :-]

You know too much!  You're part of the conspiracy!   :U

*I was waiting for someone to pick up on that... it was another conspiracy!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

Everything's a conspiracy. It's the stuff that isn't a conspiracy that you have to watch for.

Netrogo

But isn't the stuff that isn't a conspiracy just a conspiracy to cover up the stuff that is a conspiracy over the other conspiracies?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

kaskar

:mowninja      So Cid has had a make over and become Aniz ...   That means that he still is a certified Adventurer ...

TheDXM

There's no way Abel is taking this 100% lying down.

Come on man! Unhinge the Cubi RAAAGE!

Manawolf

Adventurer can cover a lot of rolls.  In some ways it's just another name for a mercenary, and in others in can just be a simple thief.

kaskar

:mowmeep I think that it is not a case of goodies or baddies , but a real interesting character, and a paper cutout character ...