DMFA #791--(June 1, 2007) A mind-snapping good time!

Started by techmaster-glitch, June 01, 2007, 01:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

I COULD have spear for the pronunciation, but that doesn't really matter with text.

kaskar

:mowmeep         Well, it seems that Jyrras' has seemingly got out of his conversation with Lorenda. However, is this only for the short term as Mab and Nutmeg eventually work things out. Did his mind really snap, or was this a case of human being inflicting pain on a furree ? ( Amber onto Jyrras' ) We will see ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Senko

I'm just happy picturing future reincarnated kid saying to Nutmeg "Mummy why does aunty Mab keep telling me to stab you with pointy things?"

Shadrok

Quote from: Senko on June 03, 2007, 08:30:24 AM
I'm just happy picturing future reincarnated kid saying to Nutmeg "Mummy why does aunty Mab keep telling me to stab you with pointy things?"

I can't help but picture Mab's reincarnated mom saying "Go to your room" after Mab stabs Nutmeg.

Naldru

Quote from: Shadrok on June 03, 2007, 11:04:32 AM

I can't help but picture Mab's reincarnated mom saying "Go to your room" after Mab stabs Nutmeg.

That raises the question as to what memories of past lives are possessed by reincarnated fae.  Also the question as to whether the original source of the souls would be considered in how to treat the fae, or if respect and obedience would be based on the current life only.

I also had a vision of Nutmeg offering to mediate between Jyrras and Lorenda with a line such as  ** If Nutmeg can deal with Mab's meanness for a thousand years, Nutmeg can deal with Jyrras and Lorenda **
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

computer nerd

wait wasn't  thier a warp-aci name nutmeg in vol 599 :mowdizzy ?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Naldru on June 03, 2007, 12:22:49 PM
That raises the question as to what memories of past lives are possessed by reincarnated fae.  Also the question as to whether the original source of the souls would be considered in how to treat the fae, or if respect and obedience would be based on the current life only.

Albanion/Nutmeg said that the magical energy is recycled into a brand new soul, so there would be no retained memories. Which is why this
"Mummy why does aunty Mab keep telling me to stab you with pointy things?"
Is actually a very likely scenario  :P

Quote from: computer nerd on June 03, 2007, 01:13:24 PM

Yes. Yes there was. Weather or not that is a coincidence or something more remains to be seen, but in all probability, it is simply a coincidence.

Aleolus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 03, 2007, 01:25:04 PM

Yes. Yes there was. Weather or not that is a coincidence or something more remains to be seen, but in all probability, it is simply a coincidence.

There is no such thing as coincidence, especially when in a webcomic!  The only exception is when the author explicitly says that something is a coincidence.  Since Amber has said nothing on this matter to this point, we therefore are forced to assume that it is not a coincidence, and that there is some connection between Nutmeg the fae and Nutmeg the warp-aci.

Vidar

Or maybe Amber has an unhealthy fixation on the spice....

If you take enough of it, it can get you high, yuo know. (do NOT try this: it's not pleasant).

* imagines Amber standing in front of Nutmeg Anonymous meeting*
Amber: "Hi, My name is Amber Williams..."
Group: "Hi, Amber"
Amber: "And I'm a nutmeg-addict...."

And now back to planet reality.  :[
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Damaris

Quote from: Aleolus on June 03, 2007, 01:45:38 PM

There is no such thing as coincidence, especially when in a webcomic!  The only exception is when the author explicitly says that something is a coincidence.  Since Amber has said nothing on this matter to this point, we therefore are forced to assume that it is not a coincidence, and that there is some connection between Nutmeg the fae and Nutmeg the warp-aci.

Sometimes a warp-aci is just a warp-aci.  This is the kind of wild and crazy speculation that drives off a lot of people.  Discuss, sure, but I'm sure you all don't want to cause Amber to get so fed up of this forum that she stops posting completely in here.

There are such things as coincidences.  The comic, by the way, is way more fun when you just wait and see what happens rather than constantly trying to predict it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Damaris on June 03, 2007, 02:19:07 PM
The comic, by the way, is way more fun when you just wait and see what happens rather than constantly trying to predict it.
yeah, no kidding.

Kenji

Quote from: Damaris on June 03, 2007, 02:19:07 PM

Sometimes a warp-aci is just a warp-aci.  This is the kind of wild and crazy speculation that drives off a lot of people.  Discuss, sure, but I'm sure you all don't want to cause Amber to get so fed up of this forum that she stops posting completely in here.

There are such things as coincidences.  The comic, by the way, is way more fun when you just wait and see what happens rather than constantly trying to predict it.

Maybe she did that so's to make people speculate on that instead of other things. :3

AnizInDisguise

That warp-aci was pink I believe....

Rambon

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on June 03, 2007, 08:39:13 PM

That warp-aci was pink I believe....

Yep it was....athou i can say it's more of a purplish pink thou

techmaster-glitch

Aaaaaand the votes are in! It seems that most of you (45.7%, 37 votes) believed that Jyrras broke his mind when Nutmeg blew the spear right past his unsuspecting head. The option that came in close second (with 30.9%, 25 votes) was that Jyrras' mind was screwed over just this moment. Everything else had few votes., though the news of Mab auctioning off her parents came in last.

(dammit, I can't do this as well as the admins at sc.org. Maybe I should have asked one of them to handle the poll wrap-up, they do it really well.)

Aridas

And one of us doesn't care, after you ruined  the joke by bothering with poll for some inexplicable reason.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now that the poll is complete, it's gone. Hope you saved... :-]

(ok, ok. I've been itching to try that button. Sorry... :-] )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Yay! We have determined that a larger group of people believe one thing that may or may not be true, while several other smaller groups believe several other things that may or may not be true. Whoo we're just like the government only we didn't waste money on this 'very important scientific' study.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Not to N. Tropy from Crash...Time is an issue of saving..He needs it more than anything..
Bring him your gems!!