05/16/07 Furrae Fashion Four

Started by AndersW, May 15, 2007, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

I'm pretty sure that if we were going to ask a forum member for nekkid pictures, the PG rated forum isn't where we would do it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Jim Halisstrad

Does that mean it's cool to ask for naked pictures elsewhere?

If that's the case then I am sooooo breaking out my French-Maid outfit.

Kenji

Quote from: Damaris on May 16, 2007, 10:28:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that if we were going to ask a forum member for nekkid pictures, the PG rated forum isn't where we would do it.

We could just call it an adventure. :3

Damaris

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on May 16, 2007, 10:33:03 PM
Does that mean it's cool to ask for naked pictures elsewhere?

If that's the case then I am sooooo breaking out my French-Maid outfit.

Yes.  Although it's not alright to nag.

Oh, and Darkmoon says you have to share, with him at least.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Alondro

It's topics like these that call for a vomiting emoticon.   :P

And didn't Amber have a question from the readers with 'nekkid pictures of yourself' line?  Now where was that... erf, archive searching again.   :B

EDIT:  Ah!  Here we go!  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_318.php

Oddly enough... I think that looks more like me.   And after all the exposure to lab chemicals, the color's about right too.  :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on May 16, 2007, 11:52:06 PMEDIT:  Ah!  Here we go!  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_318.php

Yeah.  For those of you who really want to see naked pictures of me, you can get a reasonable (albeit female) facsimile in the Venus of Willendorf (should be SFW, though it is technically a nude figurine).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

You know with so much in fasion in furrea depending on species fasion designers must be hard pressed to make sometihng with broad apeal or they simply might just focus on a nich market.

and what would the risque kinky sort of looks be?

Spikey collars to look like the bad girl pheniox,  or gauzy sheer chokers for that nymphly naughty bird.

And I bet open toed sandels would be the hight of kinky gear for swans

and for some speices like Matilda's dressing up  might be a step they'd take if they wanted to be sexy for some one.

It's odd but I was picturing Matty in a turtle neck and skirt (in her case it would be more like a horses barding)  but the resulting mental image is rather nice.  Not to say that her au natural look is bad but...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oddly enough, I had a slightly different mental image.

Take a pair of jeans, or something. And a skirt, or something like that.

And a shirt, that doesn't match either. The end result is someone who's heard about dressing up, but hasn't the faintest idea of how one would go about it, and has ended up picking three totally different items out of the closet and put them on...

.. yeah, I'm peculiar.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

I still say you look good in a tie Llearch

kaskar

Beauty always reside in the pickiness of the wearer in clothing ...    ( I'll probably be howled to the ground by female viewers for saying that ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: kaskar on May 17, 2007, 06:06:40 AM

Beauty always reside in the pickiness of the wearer in clothing ...    ( I'll probably be howled to the ground by female viewers for saying that ... )

Well, You never been on the receiving end of the Mean Girl Fashion Police Raid in the girls restroom in highschool or the "subtle" silent ebil-eye looks across a night club or the formal diner at social events.

"God, How could she wear that god ugly thing. "

PBH

BTW:
QuoteEDIT: 
Yeah.  For those of you who really want to see naked pictures of me, you can get a reasonable (albeit female) facsimile in the Venus of Willendorf (should be SFW, though it is technically a nude figurine).
Willendorf Venus is really a good luck charm for success in a hunter-garther society.  She is an ideal in that society where chubbiness was a measure of success and fertility.

But still we are going too far believing the Media's ideal woman image which is an fantasy to begin with.  Be healthy, eat healthy, and exercise, the weight will come off on its own.

Oops Sorry Sup

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 17, 2007, 07:41:54 AM
  But still we are going too far believing the Media's ideal woman image which is an fantasy to begin with.  Be healthy, eat healthy, and exercise, the weight will come off on its own.

Sod the weight. Be healthy, eat healthy, and be -happy-.

A happy woman comfortable with her weight is far sexier than one that's obsessed with losing weight. Even if she -is- 30lb "overweight".

superluser

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 17, 2007, 07:41:54 AMBTW:
Quote from: Alondro on May 16, 2007, 11:52:06 PMEDIT: 

That was me, not Alondro.  I don't want to insult him by saying that he looks like me.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 17, 2007, 07:41:54 AMWillendorf Venus is really a good luck charm for success in a hunter-garther society.  She is an ideal in that society where chubbiness was a measure of success and fertility.

I agree.  I think Rubens had it right (at least for women).  But peeping toms might not.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on May 17, 2007, 08:26:23 AM
I agree.  I think Rubens had it right (at least for women).  But peeping toms might not.

.. particularly if you're a guy, looking like that... ;-]

LionHeart

Quote from: thegayhare on May 17, 2007, 01:14:40 AM
It's odd but I was picturing Matty in a turtle neck and skirt (in her case it would be more like a horses barding)  but the resulting mental image is rather nice.  Not to say that her au natural look is bad but...

No skirt, but you get the idea...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  I can understand someone not wanting people to stare at his/her/its neck.  That's a faux pas in leonine society as well.  You see, when a lion is staring at your neck, it's usually thinking of the best way to sink it's fangs in for the kill.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 17, 2007, 08:22:49 AM
Sod the weight. Be healthy, eat healthy, and be -happy-.

A happy woman comfortable with her weight is far sexier than one that's obsessed with losing weight. Even if she -is- 30lb "overweight".

It is interesting to note that people seems to become happier and less tried when they switch to less fast foods(less sugar, salt, and white bread) and start a little exercise. Like 30 minutes a day of walking or playing some racketball or tennis.   Eat what the body is really looking for, and you feel full and eat less.  Also Attractive is Almost attitude.   When the people were asked who was sexier or more attractive of two posters of the same chubby woman. the one that said "Do you think I'm sexy?" won over the one that said "Should I lose a few pounds?"

Besides skipping meals makes you crabby

PBH

Kenji

Quote from: LionHeart on May 17, 2007, 08:47:49 AM
Quote from: thegayhare on May 17, 2007, 01:14:40 AM

No skirt, but you get the idea...

She looks good in a sweater. ^.^ And a nice scale-green, too.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm just wondering... what colour barding would go with that? And not clash with her skin, I mean?

Kenji

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 17, 2007, 11:14:21 AM
I'm just wondering... what colour barding would go with that? And not clash with her skin, I mean?

....Yellow with a purple stripe?

Aleolus

Well, this is an interesting idea.  Amber says Matilda is joking, but about what?  About feeling naked without jewelry, or perhaps something else?  Interesting, interesting.

Rythak

Quote from: Aleolus on May 17, 2007, 11:17:58 AM
Well, this is an interesting idea.  Amber says Matilda is joking, but about what?  About feeling naked without jewelry, or perhaps something else?  Interesting, interesting.
I like the way you think.

kaskar

I noticed Matilda's green asbestos top. It looks good ...

Alan Garou

I want a cool feather outfit like that Insectis. :c Really. It's awesome.

kaskar

It seems to go back to 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'  As it was shown in the fashion page, it depends on the race to determine thier fashion needs ...   :mowmeep

Taerkar

Quote from: superluser on May 16, 2007, 07:43:06 PM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 16, 2007, 07:27:13 PM*undressed  from her lab coat and work clothes and relaxing outside on her deck*  What ?? I like to relax this way and read my webcomics.  What so if I am not modest. I'm not like jumping or bouncing around or anything..

Yeah.  I'm failing to see the issue there, either.  There's a difference between being happy (or even giddy) about going around naked and getting off on knowing that others are gawking at you.

Me?  I get off on knowing that if there are any peeping toms looking into my apartment when I'm getting dressed, I've blinded them.

Well, as we can see examples of around the world, it's a very cultural thing. In some of the more primative tribes, the 'societal rules' about decency can vary a lot. Some might have only the crotch covered for both sexes. Some might also have cover for the breasts for females, and some are just grab-bag.

If western society didn't make such a big deal out of nudity, then you'd probably see more of it. Then you have the more extreme things like the burkhas(SP?) of the Arabic region. It's accepted (mostly) and even desired by some, but to others in other places, it seems to be ridiculous and overkill.

So when it comes down to it, it's cultural and societal (And perhaps even class-based as well). When you throw in the added complication of different species, well...