Governator: THIS! IS! CALIFORNIAAAAA!

Started by Vidar, May 12, 2007, 05:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidar

Normally I don't bother with the 'high society' crapfest that is their lives, but after this:
http://www.londonnet.co.uk/entertainment/2007/May/5746_20070509.php
I just had to think back to the movie 300, the "THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAA!" part.

Hilton: "This isn't fair" *sob*

Governator: "THIS! IS! CALIFORNIAAAAA!!!"

Governator: *kicks Hilton into pit*

Everybody: "HURRAH!"

Did anyone make this into a .gif yet?

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Illusionist

Good to see the spoilt brat getting what she deserves.

superluser

Quote from: TFAWhen Judge Michael T. Sauer walked into his parish church on Saturday (05.05.07), the day after sentencing Paris, he was greeted by rapturous applause.

I read that Sauer denied this.

So making sure that drunk drivers are off of public roadways is ``a waste of taxpayers' money?''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

rabid_fox

More power to Arnie's muscular elbow. Hilton did the crime and deserves to do the time.

Oh dear.

RJ

Brunhidden

The point isn't that she was doing a 'minor' crime (although i doubt how minor having a ballistic heiress in whats undoubtedly a very large vehicle full of flamable liquids careening down public roads) its that not even such a 'celebrity' (if anyone can figure out why she is famous or a celebrity other then being an idiot, please tell me. cause i know of several other super rich spoiled girls even worse then her) can weasel out of it.

ever listen to the lyrics of 'lifestyles of the rich and the famous'? famous people seem to be able to get arrested for possession of a metric assload of drugs and serve a few weeks of prison time, and then can run for high public office even if Mc. Donald's wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. you would think it would be even easer with a movie star as governor, but thankfully that is not the case.

and to think this tired looking drunken skank is essentially paid a fortune to be a tired looking drunken skank, long before she ever inherits the family fortune....a day which i fear greatly... i doubt she can preform grade school math much less be trusted with more money then the state of Wyoming will ever see.

QuoteEver hear of the golden rule boy? Whoever has the gold makes the rules
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

LionHeart

Quote[Paris Hilton's mother] even implied the judge only decided to jail Paris to become famous.

When the judge sentenced the socialite, Kathy laughed out loud and blurted, "May I have your autograph?"

I'm surprised the judge didn't slap her down as well; I'd think that would qualify as "contempt of court".

And Paris Hilton, as far as I can tell, is famous mostly for being famous. And being a living blonde joke.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Ryudo Lee

She's only famous because everyone saw the sex tape.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Reese Tora

QuoteParis' mother Kathy Hilton is furious her daughter has been given a jail term.

She told USA Today: "This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayers' money with all this nonsense. This is a joke."

why, yes, My mom would be pissed off if I got 45 days dail for driving without a license multiple times after losing it to a DUI.  She'd be pissed at me, becasue she knows she raised a more responsiblechild than that.  And, yes, Paris is wasting taxpayer money.  Do us all a favor; It's down the road, not accross the street, Paris.

--edit--

Though, you'd think the governor would be more sympathetic, considering he's done the same thing while in office...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Vidar

If she gets a cellmate, could someone send said cellmate a very large, spiked strapon? Maybe little miss rich will pipe down a little after a few "treatments" from her new "best friend".  :mwaha

superluser

Quote from: LionHeart on May 12, 2007, 11:07:44 AMAnd Paris Hilton, as far as I can tell, is famous mostly for being famous. And being a living blonde joke.

From what I understand, she's famous because her grandfather was rich and left almost all of his money to charity.

But Paris' father sued and managed to take a large chunk of that money away from the charities.

Brunhidden

there are a great many people who are so filthy rich we cannot possibly comprehend how large a stack of cash they have, this number is growing rapidly as evidenced by the phenomenon known as a 'billionaire party' which is essentially a Tupperware party for people who want to buy diamond encrusted cellphones.

there are hundreds of noted philanthropists who gave just as much or more as Hilton senior, but i bet not one of you can tell me the names of the living relatives of J. D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Alfred Nobel, or Karen Phelps Moyer  without using Google or the like.

there are at least two hundred other young heirs and heiresses who are about as rich as paris, about as dumb as paris, and about as perpetually drunk as paris, but are nowheres near the public eye.

to be perfectly honest the fame of Paris Hilton is a fluke, we cannot really explain it.

QuoteJohn D. Rockefeller -
- I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.

Slavkei

Sure we can. An 'accidentally' leaked sex tape with 'coincidental' intensive media coverage, right before the release of her major tv series. It was designed to happen that way. A very  :mowninja move.

Reese Tora

she has a TV series?

Faith-In-God-ometer
|███|     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |
0%                         50%                         100%

Knight

California is super-cool to the homeless.

superluser

You know, I remember when she got a letter from the state warning her that keeping a kinkajou as a pet was illegal.

This will be entertaining to watch as the Hilton family does more and more serious crimes.  I can imagine a bumbling crime family holding up hair salons, demanding to get butt-ugly hairstyles, but getting tripped up when someone dangles some shiny keys in front of them.

...well, until they get to the John du Pont level.

Vidar

Quote from: Reese Tora on May 14, 2007, 02:19:06 AM
she has a TV series?

Faith-In-God-ometer

Yours is STILL in the positive?  :erk

Reese Tora

Quote from: Vidar on May 14, 2007, 12:38:51 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on May 14, 2007, 02:19:06 AM
she has a TV series?

Faith-In-God-ometer

Yours is STILL in the positive?  :erk

She's going to jail, ain't she?

anyway, it's a percentage from absolute zero to 100%, it doesn't go past the ends.

Boog

I like to think that the effects of fame do society a service. We see the things these celebrities do wrong and mock them, thus finding a use for that idiocy, and comparatively few of them manage to reproduce before being found dead in a drug warehouse or something so we get them the hell out of the gene pool. 'Sall good.

Knight

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?  IS THIS NOT WHY YOU HAVE COME?

Brunhidden

i think celebrities should be treated different then normal criminals.

how?

we put 2 or 3 of them in an arena, give them whiffle bats, and tell them the last one conscious gets their prison sentence reduced. the proceeds from televising this will go to pay for their prison term, we don't need to spend thousands of taxpayer dollars so these delinquents can sit in a cell that has cable, a weight room, and quite possibly a health spa. you have no idea how happy i was to hear Paris would have rubber food and only one hour per day for recreational activities.

chances are most of them aren't bright enough to change the way they live anyways- if they get caught for drinking and driving twelve times and spent a collective two years in rehab i just bet you they'll be in another bar within the week.

QuoteWomen prefer men who have something tender about them -- especially the legal kind.

RJ

I heard she's learning karate... and several other Japanese words. :B

Kenji

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 15, 2007, 11:32:21 AM
i think celebrities should be treated different then normal criminals.

how?

we put 2 or 3 of them in an arena, give them whiffle bats, and tell them the last one conscious gets their prison sentence reduced.

chances are most of them aren't bright enough to change the way they live anyways- if they get caught for drinking and driving twelve times and spent a collective two years in rehab i just bet you they'll be in another bar within the week.

QuoteWomen prefer men who have something tender about them -- especially the legal kind.

I propose we instead make them all eat at the same restaurant every day. With RJ as the exceedingly overpaid chef. :3

RJ

Quote from: Kenji on May 15, 2007, 11:39:14 AM
I propose we instead make them all eat at the same restaurant every day. With RJ as the exceedingly overpaid chef. :3

I'm all for that!  :]

Knight

I propose we treat them just like everyone else.

Kenji

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 15, 2007, 12:43:03 PM

After a bit of fun. Of course, to treat a person of celebrity status as anyone else would destroy the very title of celebrity, and in a sense, ruin the very foundation of the entertainment industry.
So muffins it is. :3

Reese Tora

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 15, 2007, 12:43:03 PM
:yeahthat

The only reason they're celebrities is because we don't treat them like every one else.

Take away their notoriety, and they're like batman without his money and gadgets and mad ninja skillz.

Knight

Even with all the training and skillz of a top-notch actor, I'd work for as little as 200,000 a year.  We just need to stop overpaying them.

Then, the atheletes.

Finally, we raise the pay of teachers and cops.

Valynth

I'm hoping for a celebrity prison reality show.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 15, 2007, 12:52:01 PM
Then, the atheletes.

I hear that.  It used to be that atheletes played the game for the sake of playing.  Now they play for the sake of those multimillion dollar contracts.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!