Started by Aurawyn, April 06, 2007, 11:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfoxr

*appears for a second and whacks zedd with her particle thrower(
no quoting gb when i am not around :D sorry
*vanishs again*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Silverfoxr is Particle Woman?

(Note: for those who failed to STR, youtube for particle man. :-] )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

Cubi are from the Philippines that's why they look all Anime.  :mowdizzy
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Well I dont roll my R's when I speak though :P

Titanium Dragon

QuoteAzlan talks about Neni's various Adventures and Disasters all the time , why can't we just have a short of them at Lost Lake, or would we get continual disasters going on, until Lost Lake is turned to matchwood under the force of the Neni ?

Well, its also a running joke – the point is we've never seen Neni "on screen", and that adds to the humor value of these stories as the Neni of our imaginations is probably greater than what would actually appear. This is actually a well-known device; if you never show someone but people react to them, then you can build your own image of them. Usually you won't reveal them without good reason.

QuoteTruthfully I am doubtful I will ever do another mega-bonus arc like Abel's Story again after I finish his.

Given how much of a project it became, I can't say I'd blame you; I'm sure it has eaten up a lot more time that you expected it was going to. (not to mention... I noticed that way back at the beginning of Abel's story, it says "Part 1", and we haven't seen a "Part 2" yet. Is that intentional? If so, I feel REALLY sorry for you... well, as sorry as I can feel for someone who writes a webcomic with enough success to make a few thousand dollars a year doing it  :P). Then again, perhaps if you did want to do another such thing, instead of it all being financed by the donors up front, perhaps its continued existence could take the place of mini arcs? I dunno which you would have more fun doing, just an idea.

I also have to wonder if the other option would have been nearly as long  :)

GabrielsThoughts

oh damn everyone knows the best TV dramas  are told in four parts...I feel sorry for you
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 09, 2007, 02:42:23 PM
Well, its also a running joke – the point is we've never seen Neni "on screen", and that adds to the humor value of these stories as the Neni of our imaginations is probably greater than what would actually appear. This is actually a well-known device; if you never show someone but people react to them, then you can build your own image of them. Usually you won't reveal them without good reason.

Cookie for you. :-]

I also have to wonder if the other option would have been nearly as long  :)

Well.. it does have the option of going on hiatus until someone coughs up for the next segment. Along with a "no foul" policy, since it's clear up front that the money equals updates, so if less than x amount shows up, it just rolls over until next month...

Of course, there's also the point that, given the way Ambers' fans leap up and donate at the drop of a hat, it might just end up her owing -lots- more updates. Personally, I'd be happy with "here's the donate button, here's how much it costs to get a [week/month]s updates, and here's the current running total" and slicing off the total when the month is up.

Of course, the best way to do that would involve creating a set of numbers, and a board, and loading the correct numbers in. That's more difficult to set up, but easier to maintain... Even better if, once the numbers are drawn, is to get someone to code it so you just put a number into the php and the code does all the rest for you. That, of course, is a lot more setup... :-]

*cough* Anyway. I'm happy with whatever Amber decides - even if she decides to not follow on from Abels' Story. (and if she wants help with that code I mentioned, I'm happy to oblige, as well :-)

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 09, 2007, 03:03:05 PM

Cookie for you. :-]

It's much like Norm's wife, Vera, on "Cheers".  :]
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 09, 2007, 12:53:59 PMSilverfoxr is Particle Woman?

(Note: for those who failed to STR, youtube for particle man. :-] )

I think that would make Silverfoxr Peter Graves' wife. (how's *that* for STR?)

Quote from: Alondro on April 09, 2007, 03:58:04 PMIt's much like Norm's wife, Vera, on "Cheers".  :]

Didn't we meet Vera?  Or did we just see the Peterson house?  We never met Maris, though.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Silverfoxr

but i am still single o-o

superluser

Quote from: Silverfoxr on April 10, 2007, 01:55:57 AMbut i am still single o-o

I believe we have just proven that you aren't Particle Woman, then.

(OK.  I'm done with references in this thread.)

Aurawyn

Haha when I said Bonuc Arc.. I  kinda meant bonus Mini-arch.. not something as long as able's story.. but perhaps a little longer then the Cubi ability page.

superluser

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 11, 2007, 10:59:00 PMHaha when I said Bonuc Arc.. I  kinda meant bonus Mini-arch.. not something as long as able's story.. but perhaps a little longer then the Cubi ability page.

Er, we're talking about 9000+ years of `cubi history--or at least the first 2000 or so years of that.  I'd like to see Amber try to fit all of that in eight or so pages.

(no, really.  Can I encourage you try?)

Tezkat

Quote from: superluser on April 12, 2007, 12:27:01 AM
Er, we're talking about 9000+ years of `cubi history--or at least the first 2000 or so years of that.  I'd like to see Amber try to fit all of that in eight or so pages.

Why not? The short version only took one.
:mowtongue
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

superluser

Quote from: Tezkat on April 12, 2007, 12:34:48 AMWhy not? The short version only took one.

That's because we slept through it.

Did you know that--in addition to the extended version and the theatrical version--Peter Jackson was asked to make a two-hour version of each of the Lord of the Rings films?  That's what I think we'd be looking at.

Tezkat

We could always hire those bunnies to help.  :mowcookie
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna

Of course, the best way to do that would involve creating a set of numbers, and a board, and loading the correct numbers in. That's more difficult to set up, but easier to maintain... Even better if, once the numbers are drawn, is to get someone to code it so you just put a number into the php and the code does all the rest for you. That, of course, is a lot more setup... :-]

Ooh! Scripting!
If amber decides to do something like this, just pm me! I love scripting in php, and I mean, I am sure I could do this. We could put the output in an image, a small frame, or even embed it into the main page as plain text, though embedding it would be hardest.
I could either have it make some sort of graph, or have it change part of an image(like a background) based on how much money(i.e. background 1 for $0-99, bg2 for $100-199, etc.). 
If it can be done, Im sure I can do it, and if it cant, I might be able to anyway :P
If you have any questions for me, just ask! :)

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Erm. Robbie?

You've got your quotes chewed. That was -my- comment, not TitaniumDragons'.

Do be careful about that. Some people get grumpy if they're not attributed correctly...

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 12, 2007, 03:47:10 AM
Erm. Robbie?

You've got your quotes chewed. That was -my- comment, not TitaniumDragons'.

Do be careful about that. Some people get grumpy if they're not attributed correctly...
Fixed... Lol.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

AndersW

What I am interested in are the people, places, and events that all Cubi would know about.  For example, if you say Elvis or Harvard or D-Day, everyone knows what you are talking about.  What are the things that all Cubi would know what you are talking about with just one or two words? I think that "Fa'Lina" and "SAIA" would be two things that fall in that category.

GabrielsThoughts

Does "nifflewhiffle" qualify as an event or an object?

Tsunari

Well couldn't Amber do a text based version of cubi history without all the comics that would be a lot shorter and faster. 

GabrielsThoughts

Are we talking two or three pages of a college level paper because with editing and whatnot it might take Amber as long if  not longer than a comic page.

Tsunari

Well she said it would take about as long as Abel's story which is 80 comics long and counting.  might take longer than a single page but I would think it would be a lot faster than 100 pages of comic

kaskar

What I would like to see one day is a correlation between between various buzz-words and their full fledged counterparts . Like S.A.I.A is the initials for the Cubi Acadamy, Difference between creature and being, and what was wiffle-sniffle  from  Jy-Jy ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Amber Williams

1: There is no way I could properly cram the Cubi history into a 4-5 page mini arc.
2: I don't intend to make a text-based version.  Its a concept that I really dislike in general.  Not to mention it would be so rife with spoilers it would effectively kill off a good chunk of future storylines.  Which I can't imagine anyone would like.
3: Nifflewiffle is a sound my cat once made when it sneezed. It made me laugh and I would occasionally use it as the sound one makes when they have a complete brain-shutdown. 
4: I use the term SAIA because its just easier to type than constantly typing Succubi and Incubi Academy.  Sort of like how many colleges call themselves their initials rather than the full term.
5: As I said before, there is no plans to do the full Cubi history anytime soon. If not because its really long, but because its really dark. 

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 13, 2007, 02:43:22 AM
1: There is no way I could properly cram the Cubi history into a 4-5 page mini arc.
2: I don't intend to make a text-based version.  Its a concept that I really dislike in general.  Not to mention it would be so rife with spoilers it would effectively kill off a good chunk of future storylines.  Which I can't imagine anyone would like.
5: As I said before, there is no plans to do the full Cubi history anytime soon. If not because its really long, but because its really dark. 

well, when everything's said and done, looks like you have the perfect material right there for a graphic novel.

which can wait until you've topped everything off.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Turnsky on April 13, 2007, 07:47:48 AM

well, when everything's said and done, looks like you have the perfect material right there for a graphic novel.

which can wait until you've topped everything off.  :3

I would like to see that in a graphic novel version Amber if I was you then do the Cubi histroy in a different way that it has no relation to any future plotlines and your characters if you see from a different P.O.V. then you have astory is fresh and evry different but this is my mind rambling here. In this case do what you always do in this great strip of DMFA and we all eat it right up.

Nino

3: Nifflewiffle is a sound my cat once made when it sneezed. It made me laugh and I would occasionally use it as the sound one makes when they have a complete brain-shutdown. 
4: I use the term SAIA because its just easier to type than constantly typing Succubi and Incubi Academy.  Sort of like how many colleges call themselves their initials rather than the full term.

So Amber, when you finish doing DMFA someday (assuming you still plan on moving onto Mikelo's universe), are you going to reveal a lot more to people about it, or just let every backstory to everything you've thought up of die?

Man, no more mega-backstories =( Ah well, maybe she'll incorporate lots of flashbacks in the current arcs. One can always hope =P