2007-03-16 [#762] No ticket = no return

Started by superluser, March 15, 2007, 11:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rt

:B I thought it was just a sign with fancy writting  :B

Anyways .. I hope the poor clerk doesn't get eaten if Kira looses the ticket. I'm betting she'll want her supplies back  :mowtongue

Prof B Hunnydew

Really I was hoping to see Lorenda in a leather pointie thing.. I have seen enough Mares in Leather, but cows are almost always in some Fluffy dress or farmgirl outfit.. Still Lorenda would look good in some leather, even if it's so out of character for her.  Kria would try to put her daughter is something that had a more "commmanding role" to it..

PBH

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on March 16, 2007, 03:18:00 PM
Really I was hoping to see Lorenda in a leather pointie thing.. I have seen enough Mares in Leather, but cows are almost always in some Fluffy dress or farmgirl outfit.

Might this have anything to do with the fact that leather is bits of dead cow?  >:3
Not that it stopped Lorenda with the burgers, but it still seems a bit tasteless...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

Dead cow skin, or deer or moose, or goat, or any herd animal, besides "normal Beings" have no problem eating and tanning bits of  Livestock...

Kria just has no problem eating Beings.  Mmm, It must be that tangy taste of soul in the meat... :yuck 

PBH

Zedd

Remind me never go to the mall with some people or else

Azraelle

I thought the text on the sign looked more like a fancy design than perspective errors.  Sort of like how text was rendered in signs in the old west; often at angles and fancy french curves and things like that.

EDIT: and that's what I get for not seeing the "Page 2" link.  Bleh.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 16, 2007, 12:18:42 PMI wouldn't really say its nitpicking, and I doubt people were/are doing it to be deliberately spiteful.  Its just dagg...I wake up, check the forum, and one of the first things I see is someone pointing out my last-minute apathy.   I'm never sure how to react.

Yeah, I'm not trying to be nitpicky or spiteful.  Hence my attempts to voice my concerns gingerly.  I hate to say it, but a lot of your computer-set type is really off when you change the perspective.  I really think you're using the wrong tool or something.

This is really awkward, because I can't draw my way out of a paper bag, and I'm critiquing a successful artist.  It's just that it looks really bad, and it's very easy to fix. 

You just tack the four corners of the perspective box onto the corners of the bulletin board.  If you don't have the upper portion of the bulletin board done, just hand-draw where you think they should go.  The human eye is pretty good at perspective.

Also,

Quote from: Azraelle on March 16, 2007, 07:20:46 PMI thought the text on the sign looked more like a fancy design than perspective errors.  Sort of like how text was rendered in signs in the old west; often at angles and fancy french curves and things like that.

I've changed the example to show what a similar font would look like.

(Again, sorry for the critiquing)

Oh, and other than that, the art for this strip was awesome.  The glass reflection effect is superb.  Look up ``New Shoes for H.''  I'm a huge geek for this type of art.  Of course, it's not unusual to see this sort of art come out of Amber, who is consistently quite stellar in her work.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 16, 2007, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on March 16, 2007, 12:18:42 PM
I'm never sure how to react.
Point and laugh. It works for me. :-]

*Charline waves scimitar!*  You must KEEL THE INFIDEL!!!  :cuss :sword
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

You know, I didn't notice the perspective was off until super pointed it out.  Now that I see it, the shadow on the wall combined with the tiling gives it a rather peculiar look, like Dr. Seuss or Constantine's house in Thief.  Which I think is really cool, even if it isn't what Amber intended.

In fact it would kick ass if the entire mall looked like it came from the set of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 17, 2007, 10:00:51 AMIn fact it would kick ass if the entire mall looked like it came from the set of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari  >:3

Well, there's a reason why they call it the Guernica mall.  ;)  The problem is that intentionally cubistically distorted imagery is usually more difficult to pull off than regular imagery.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

With Kria putting her axes, swords, etc, in storage while she goes shopping, I wonder what she will get in " Rita's house of Pointies " . This seems to be a demon fashion room .
8) Just Hanging Around ...