The older version of the comic

Started by Clayton_n, February 10, 2007, 07:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Stygian on February 11, 2007, 08:21:33 AM
As for me, the only thing that pisses me off at times is that bloody Fa'Lina and her stuck-up, bossy and all-wise unsurprised mannerisms. And even that is something which I'd say is a provoked response. But I still can't find it in me to like the poodle. Once, just once, I would like to see her on her knees or crying or completely dumbfounded...

Ooh. The hate is -strong- in this one. (508)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on February 11, 2007, 08:21:33 AM
As for me, the only thing that pisses me off at times is that bloody Fa'Lina and her stuck-up, bossy and all-wise unsurprised mannerisms. And even that is something which I'd say is a provoked response. But I still can't find it in me to like the poodle. Once, just once, I would like to see her on her knees or crying or completely dumbfounded...

The most shocked and horrified we've seen her is in #424 and #425 respectively.  Abel seems somewhat immune to her prescience ability...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_424.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_425.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prof B Hunnydew

IN defense of Fa'Lina

1) She is older than everyone but maybe Mabs... So respect for elders
2) She is Semi-demi-god in her School, and a School master...SO, Amber she has her being motherly and all-knowing for a reason.  (she has seen it all... more than once)

3) She is cute at 9,288 years and 

PBH
:shapeshifters  oh yes I  ah know...

thegayhare

Caswin

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 11, 2007, 11:28:43 AM
3) She is cute at 9,288 years
...well, she was, at least.  I think her cuteness factor has been decreasing steadily since her first appearance (puppets notwithstanding).
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Stygian

Demigod or not, that does not change anything about that. It does in fact make things even worse. And the motherly character is supposed to be a mentor, not a prissy pain in the butt. And she is not cute.

Also, those examples were terribly poor, at least as pain for Fa'Lina goes. And they are also countered by the spider-squishing and puppeteering of late. What I meant was that I want to see her crying, on her knees, at mercy, suffering...! I want to see that pest who wields power she does not deserve bleeding from her eyes! *Stygian snarls and foams*

Oh, and as for the offtopicness, love the new av, TGH.

Zina

Quote from: Stygian on February 11, 2007, 02:11:33 PM

Also, those examples were terribly poor, at least as pain for Fa'Lina goes. And they are also countered by the spider-squishing and puppeteering of late. What I meant was that I want to see her crying, on her knees, at mercy, suffering...! I want to see that pest who wields power she does not deserve bleeding from her eyes! *Stygian snarls and foams*

....you need help. :V

bill

I'm just going to stand over there for a moment, m'kay?  :.

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 11, 2007, 03:16:37 PM
I'm just going to stand over there for a moment, m'kay?  :.

"One of the things your learn, after years of dealing with drug people, is that everything is serious.
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug - especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eyes."
--Hunter S Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Maybe, but I still have an urge to sleep with a bat."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2007, 07:32:23 PM
"Maybe, but I still have an urge to sleep with a bat."

I will not say it... I will say nothing...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Did you break your quote, there, Styggy?

bill

You know, you could fix it, llearch, benevolent soul that you are.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... what, and not sit here making fun of him? I'm sure that's against the rules somewhere....

Stygian

Aren't you forgetting that right now, you're the one making the rules? As much as I despise it, I still feel obligated to remind you...

Turnsky

don't forget, folks, DMFA's Amber's "baby" so to speak, i'm sure she knows what she's doing...

or she's like me and doing the whole thing by the seat of her pants >.>

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stygian on February 11, 2007, 11:15:59 PM
Aren't you forgetting that right now, you're the one making the rules? As much as I despise it, I still feel obligated to remind you...

Actually, no. Darkmoon makes the rules. I, and the other admins, suggest, and before they get implemented, we all come to some sort of agreement before we go ahead with it. Not that that makes any practical difference, but he's the one with ftp access to the server...

... are you saying you -want- the rules to say "Rule 13: Thou shalt make fun of Stygian every day of the week, and twice on Sundays" ? It's a lucky number, you know...

Stygian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2007, 11:30:46 PM
... are you saying you -want- the rules to say "Rule 13: Thou shalt make fun of Stygian every day of the week, and twice on Sundays" ? It's a lucky number, you know...

My lucky number, yes... I think that one was easy for you to figure. Still, I hardly think such a rule would be much of an improvement. And I don't know, but right now it seems that people are just biting me in every cheek. Getting a bit frustrated and feeling like it would be a good idea to take it out on someone... so not today, pretty please?

llearch n'n'daCorna

No problem, we'll just save that for tomorrow. ;-)

ShiningShadow

I have to say this comic rocks when i read the DMFA achive I laughed every time. As I see it that this comic is evolving to have more interesting stories and backstories I like them. Because of the fact is has that emotion tied to it and we are suckers for that kind of story if we don't have it then it will be bland and boring. I say this Amber continue in your endeavours and making DMFA the best of the best in the web i love my angst everyday like breakfast.

Turnsky

i'm more a "storyline over gag-a-minute" kind of person, gags are good, a sweet plot can be also a good thing..

stylistically, DMFA's evolving, a good thing, DMFA's storyline is also evolving, which is a -very- good thing for all.

offhand i'd say that amber's getting storyline practice from working on Abel's story as well as the DMFA proper.

i'd have to say that the characters are beginng to evolve and "flesh out" beyond their initial introduction to the comic.
i'm at the point now that i've finished reading the archives completely, and now i'm just itching to see the next update.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jim Halisstrad

fesworks

ShiningShadow

But you got to love the Angst in the storyline. But hey that's me on this I love the comedy that is also thrown in the mix just to liven things up a little. I'm so used to the soap opera feeling is that i watch spanish soap whenever I get a chance.

Clayton_n

You have to admit, some of this stuff is a bit too WB (CW) Drama series.

bill

NO. Bad bump. Start new thread. Bye.