Beerbot

Started by Brunhidden, March 10, 2007, 07:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

some of you may already know of it, but i thought it would make a good topic for a conversation, i call it 'beerbot'

recently a man who graduated from college wished to capture the essence of college living so he decided to have a little project. 150 man hours later an average minifrige common to dorms had been retrofitted with a robotic arm.

this arm is able to fling a beer (i would presume other cans would work, including sodas, iced teas, and with some alterations even energy drinks) roughly 20 feet, which the creator says is far enough to make it to his couch. the magazine inside can store 8 cans for throwing, and at least one major brewery has inquired if the creator would be willing to produce more.

okay, as much of a marvel as this is we must also acknowledge it as a testimate to sloth.

furthermore, why hasnt anyone made one of these before?

QuoteSloth is the mother of invention
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Because they've been too busy concentrating on how to keep the beers cold.

To whit: http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/index.html
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

I sure wouldn't want to crack one of those open after it had been thrown twenty feet.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Boog

I would. The hazards thereof add to the coolness of having a robotic arm to chuck beers to you.

thegayhare

Ehh my uncle did this ages ago...

cept he went easier he just trained his dog to open the fridge and bring him a beer on command

llearch n'n'daCorna

Least it wouldn't explode on opening, that way. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zorro

Quote from: thegayhare on March 10, 2007, 10:21:17 AM
Ehh my uncle did this ages ago...

cept he went easier he just trained his dog to open the fridge and bring him a beer on command

"ALEX!  You had better be drinking YOUR STROHS!"

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on March 10, 2007, 10:21:17 AMcept he went easier he just trained his dog to open the fridge and bring him a beer on command

Amateur.

``Ok, this is like an aerial view.  Ok, take the 401 to here, then take highway 6 north, ok?  It goes right up here.  That's the offramp.  Ok?  So when you get there you can have all the free beer and sausages you can eat, eh?''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ITOS

I'm just waitng for someone to post the beer cannon...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

I did see a soda can grenade launcher once

Brunhidden

supposedly the risk of having fizzbang and sore fingers can be avoided if you try to use 'soft hands' while catching.

personally i would either aim the launcher to an empty couch seat and fire non carbonated iced tea, or purposefully use it to bean unsuspecting passerby with cans of beer-ey doom.

QuoteAh, beer. Cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.