So is it lemons or Lemon aid?

Started by thegayhare, March 07, 2007, 01:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

I'm not sure... but then again I hate lemon aid

A while back I posted about my coughing jags, and more recently I posted about how I had to quit my job do to health and transportation reasons.

Well recently, friday to be precise, I got a call from health and human services... it seems because I quit rather then get fired I'm no longer entitleed to jack squat.  they are even going to take away the pittance I qualified for while I was working.

so here is the run down on how it works so far

When I was working I made about 20-30 dollars a month too much to qualify for health coverage... but they threw in 20 bucks in food stamps for the hell of it

At work I was slowing down so much because my health was getting worse

The only reason they hadn't fired me yet was because I was realy trying to keep up, my customers liked me, and because my mom is a department manager at the store (not the same department mind you)

and I now had no way to drive the hour to and the hour from work everyday

so because I gave notice rather then force them to fire me I don't get anything

So The lady from HHS told me that that my best bet is to have a doctor say I can't work.  then I'll get my health coverage. 

Since I don't know what my lungs look like, and my weight and other health problems are still there I just might qualify... I hate I have to go this far though.  It's galing and painfull but then again I spent about 6 hours today coughing so hard I couldn't keep food down. 

so today I have an apointment With Dr louis,  just to talk and explain what I need,  but hopefuly I'll get some help out of this. 

It's been 5 years since I las saw him so wish me luck every one

Jim Halisstrad

Lord, good luck man :/

I hope things start to go in your favor.

Zedd

Good luck dood....We care about your soft fluffyness

Brunhidden

almost enough to make you wish you had some 'good friends' who could 'arrange an accident' which is observed by several 'credible and unbiased individuals' who can attest in a court of law that it really was an accident.

i know several people like that, but they are not my friends and charge for said services. even so, they generally dislike me so chances are i would be missing a kneecap after seeking such 'help'. most people however settle for the crooked doctor who tells you to say ouch alot and wear casts on random body parts.

QuoteTrust me, yoos wont feel a ting. Der boss was perticular on that point, yoos not feelin it when we leaves yas in that construction yard.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Good luck.  Hope it turns out to be something easily fixable.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Vidar

Good luck, TGH. I hope things will be looking up real soon.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Cogidubnus

Tycho had a point. When life gives you shit...well, what then? Make shit-ade? :B

I hope things start looking up for you, sir. :<

Sunblink

Holy fux, TGH. I really hope things go alright for you... I'll be praying for you and hoping that, like Jim Halisstrad said, things turn in your favor.

God bless you, and good luck.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

ITOS

Well, don't know what to say but good luck and hope things will work out all right...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Ryudo Lee

It's times like this where you follow Ron White's example.  "When life gives you lemons, make some lemonade. Then you go and find a friend who's life is giving them vodka, and have a party."

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on March 07, 2007, 01:10:48 PM
Tycho had a point. When life gives you shit...well, what then? Make shit-ade? :B

Grow roses.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Cogidubnus on March 07, 2007, 01:10:48 PMTycho had a point. When life gives you shit...well, what then? Make shit-ade?

Tycho?  I think his point would have been, ``When life gives you a drunken deer that falls down the stairs after getting drunk at a party, make venison.''

PS Yes, I did read the Penny-Arcade strip.

Miaka

good God man, I hope that turns out all right for you.

We'll be thinking about you.

thegayhare

Well I got some good news and some rather annoying news

They didn't take any tests I couldn't afford x-rays or the like but My doctor did examine me and says my lungs and heart are in great shape.  The coughing jags are simply due to the fact that I can't get enough air when I'm working.  My wieght is actualy keeping my lungs from expanding fully.  My doctor says that the fact that I don't look as heavy as I am and that it's taken this long for it to effect me means I'm actualy in pretty good coindition but it's like I'm wearing a back pack with 200 pounds oh bricks in it.  (the Doctor said I'm strong as an ox)

To help me with that, and also to help get my mental state back on track He did give me me a perscription,  though it's not what I was on, He signed me up for a similer drug thats finaly gone genaric.

He also agrees with me that unfortunatly I can't work till this gets taken care of (and I can't get most of the care I need till I get medical coverage)  so he's going to help me with Health and human services too.  He also agrees with me that sugery is not the answer... 

so mostly good though some what frustrating do to delays

So I celebraaed and picked up a couple of bunny plushies while we were waiting to get the perscription filled.  one super cute realistic bunny, and a soccerball bunny that is deffinitly comming to AC with me,  I wanna see him wreastle Waddle Gator

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on March 07, 2007, 10:52:08 PMThey didn't take any tests I couldn't afford x-rays or the like but My doctor did examine me and says my lungs and heart are in great shape.  The coughing jags are simply due to the fact that I can't get enough air when I'm working.  My wieght is actualy keeping my lungs from expanding fully.  My doctor says that the fact that I don't look as heavy as I am and that it's taken this long for it to effect me means I'm actualy in pretty good coindition but it's like I'm wearing a back pack with 200 pounds oh bricks in it.  (the Doctor said I'm strong as an ox)

Yay!  All in all, that seems like excellent news.  Some medicine, some fitness, and no invasive medicine?  I think we all are very glad to hear that.  :hug

thegayhare

Yeah... It'll take a while for me to get my medication up to a dossage that It'll help out

last time I was on 100 milligrams of zoloft,  now I'm on 20 milligrams of prozac they are both seretonin reuptake inhibitors though (thats what Dr lewis told me anyway) so it should help once we get doses up.  then he's hoping to set up a dietition and therapist. 

Hmmm I need a name for my soccer bunny (will post pic in a sec)  any Ideas?

So what do you think?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Toric

Pinky. Now you just need a white bunny with a large head and a sour look on his face.
Yap by Silver.

Hilary

I'm glad things are improving! :boogie I hope life keeps looking up for ya. :)

I second the 'Fooz' motion.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on March 07, 2007, 01:10:48 PM

Indeed. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. :P

thegayhare

I rather like Fooz

It reminds me of the table top soccer game Foozball

I still think He can take the Waddle Gator

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on March 10, 2007, 12:43:36 AM
I rather like Fooz

It reminds me of the table top soccer game Foozball

... that was rather the point. :-)

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 10, 2007, 06:01:26 AM
... that was rather the point. :-)

So I gathered

Just for fun here are two othere bunnies that showed up in my room and need names

I think I might name him Reginald... He just looks like a Reginald to me

I don't know why but every march there seems to be a bunny population explosion in my room

Hilary

Quote from: thegayhare on March 12, 2007, 02:07:01 AM
I don't know why but every march there seems to be a bunny population explosion in my room

Ahh! Stuffed bunnies... multiplying... all the plushie sehx...

That second one looks like a military bunny to me-- very strict. Perhaps 'General Fluff' or 'Lieutenant Colonel Fluff?' Then if he ever wants to become a rapper, you can call him 'L.C. Fluff.' :bunn

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on March 12, 2007, 02:07:01 AMI think I might name him Reginald... He just looks like a Reginald to me

Reginald...Maudling?