"Cure for cancer" on eBay

Started by Dakata, March 03, 2007, 02:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakata

[Click]

Some guy's sellin' the "cure for cancer" (and the location of heaven, and the future, AND THE SECRET TO WORLD PEACE...all in a little journal!) Apparently, cancer is caused by "eating our own flesh" (Ex. Biting your nails, biting your lips...), and the cure is knowing what causes it.

...And isn't the journal -so- pretty with all of the crappy stars drawn on it? Lulz.

bill

QuoteBut what is the   PRECISE AND SOLE CAUSE OF CANCER?  CANCER OCCURS WHEN WE EAT OUR OWN FLESH.
But of course!

Reese Tora

:confused but... I thought cancer what when out own flesh eats us... :confused

I recall that, at one point, someone was selling an entire baron's estate (title not included) on eBay... it was a couple billion dollars, and I don't think anyone ever bid on it, despite numerous relistings.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aisha deCabre

Cancer is caused when mutated cells divide, basically...it can be caused by radiation or anything else that would alter a cell's DNA pattern.  It's deadly when the corrupted cells enter your bloodstream.

*Slaps herself out of science-geek mode and scoffs at the ad* Honestly, the things people put on Ebay.  I'd like to slap some of them.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Brunhidden

Keep a watch on this one, i really wanna know who buys the silly thing

QuoteHow many times do i have to tell you, the human skull is NOT the hardest material on the planet
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

That's probably the funniest thing I've seen all day.

I'm assuming he's joking - if not he's of the same kind who sprayed "Jesus is coming in 1986" on the wall somewhere in London.  (Granted it was 1984 at the time...)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

He's got 4 of these on ebay. I wonder how long it took to scribble that on a random book/notebook.

Valynth

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 03, 2007, 02:45:11 PM
Cancer is caused when mutated cells divide, basically...it can be caused by radiation or anything else that would alter a cell's DNA pattern.  It's deadly when the corrupted cells enter your bloodstream.

*Slaps herself out of science-geek mode and scoffs at the ad* Honestly, the things people put on Ebay.  I'd like to slap some of them.   :rolleyes

Acctually it's only deadly when you immune system won't/can't destroy them before they get out of hand.  All people at some point or another have had cancerous cells in their body, however, the younger people's immune system ussually destroys them, which is why the elderly who have weaken immune systems are so vulnerable to cancerous cells.

Anyway, I've lost the whole thought of "prayers will impact the real world" since I was...what?  7?  I'm very skeptical of anything that claims to cure anything with a medical-scientific reason.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Everybody knows that you can't cure cancer by not eating yourself.

You need to blow up the moon!  It will cure cancer, AIDS, cholera, `etc.'

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 03, 2007, 02:45:11 PM

well, yeah, but that isn't as funny as cleverly rearranging the description into something that is less wrong that the original statement.

I thought it was clever, anyway...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation