2007-02-23 Beauty rest is still enjoyable

Started by superluser, February 22, 2007, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Quote from: Stygian on February 22, 2007, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 22, 2007, 08:41:05 PM
hmmm, laying in bed awake in a dark basement....QUICK! check the room for bad poetry, he could have *gasp* gone EMO!

May I ask, since when isn't Abel a depressed and lonely little emo-kitty all the time?

while abel dresses like that its mostly because of fashion and hes a bit of a social outcast. to me he seems like the kind of guy who shops at hot topic and has some bats in the belfry, not the kind of guy who wears a lot of white makeup and repeatedly attempts suicide in wussy ways that he backs out of repeatedly. non EMOs can wear leather skirts and fishnets too, and its encouraged when they look good, but the moment the poetry shows up is the moment someone has to think of a humane alternative.

Quote from: Zorro on February 22, 2007, 11:15:21 PM
Some Humans live off of Ale too!   :3

back in the day monks did a lot of fasting and it was a measure of how devout you were to see how long you could go without eating. up in bavaria some very clever monks invented a beer which was hearty enough to replace bread and thus were able to 'fast' for between one month to three month without any severe side effects. sure, they slurred their prayers occasionally, fell asleep often while meditating, and went nuts at the sight of any meat, but it was a real pride issue.

they still brew that beer today and many old fashioned breweries like Sprecher have it available for purchase. however i forget what the name of it is. caution is advised, you are essentially drinking a sandwitch with the alcohol content of two or three shots of whiskey.

QuoteMy formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

*Charles notes* Amber should get all the rest she needs.  I don't mind staying in bed when I'm sick, because then I get to snuggle my big cuddly lion plushie!  Soft and furry and oh-so-warm!  *sigh*  Then I can imagine I have a REAL lion who's my best friend in the whole world and I can live in his happy leonine kingdom of furry friends with flowers and rainbows everywhere... *sees all the people staring*   :blush  *runs away!*

*Charline erfs*  How did I get stuck with such a loser for a creator.   :sweatdrop

*Alondro nods*  And least your not the one he's fantasizing about.  *ack*  Not that my place has rainbows and flowers!   :shifty  Everyone look at Dan and Abel!  Nothing to see here...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Well, Dan and Jyrras didn't see Destania's little game of thermonuclear war, so either it's something infinitely more subtle, or I was taking the line "half the world will sleep through it" too literally :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

Ohh, cleverrrr!  Abel, knowing that Dan remembered very little about Cubi because he doesn't want to learn about them, and now he doesn't want to talk to him, so he acted like he was asleep, figuring Dan wouldn't remember that Cubi don't need it.  But he was foiled!

Aridas

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2007, 08:39:16 AM
Well, Dan and Jyrras didn't see Destania's little game of thermonuclear war, so either it's something infinitely more subtle, or I was taking the line "half the world will sleep through it" too literally :P
Or maybe it wasn't to happen immediately?

GabrielsThoughts

I don't want to worry you, but my English proffesor caught something simmilar and had an alergic reaction to the antibiotics...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

KarlOmega1

*looks at comic* I think Abel might have gotten so shook up by the spider that recited old poetry, that he decided to lay down and relax before he goes into shock...that's at least what i think.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zorro

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 23, 2007, 07:36:40 AM

back in the day monks did a lot of fasting and it was a measure of how devout you were to see how long you could go without eating. up in Bavaria some very clever monks invented a beer which was hearty enough to replace bread and thus were able to 'fast' for between one month to three month without any severe side effects. sure, they slurred their prayers occasionally, fell asleep often while meditating, and went nuts at the sight of any meat, but it was a real pride issue.

they still brew that beer today and many old fashioned breweries like Sprecher have it available for purchase. however i forget what the name of it is. caution is advised, you are essentially drinking a sandwich with the alcohol content of two or three shots of whiskey. 

It is called Bock Beer.  There are also Doppelbock and Weizenbock beers.    :) 

Attic Rat

Quote from: Zorro on February 23, 2007, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 23, 2007, 07:36:40 AM

back in the day monks did a lot of fasting and it was a measure of how devout you were to see how long you could go without eating. up in Bavaria some very clever monks invented a beer which was hearty enough to replace bread and thus were able to 'fast' for between one month to three month without any severe side effects. sure, they slurred their prayers occasionally, fell asleep often while meditating, and went nuts at the sight of any meat, but it was a real pride issue.

they still brew that beer today and many old fashioned breweries like Sprecher have it available for purchase. however i forget what the name of it is. caution is advised, you are essentially drinking a sandwich with the alcohol content of two or three shots of whiskey. 

It is called Bock Beer.  There are also Doppelbock and Weizenbock beers.    :) 

What, no barley wine? I know of nothing heavier in the world of beer...
Still, nothing like a good long fast to get one's blood cholesterol down...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Nikki

i think we might need to force Amber to rest...

anyone up to donating blood?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Valynth

*raises hand*

And I happen to be O with a (nearly hyper) active immune system.  And I'm updated on all my shots!

Now if only there was a way to smuggle me to....Where is she again?....Whats a Canada?.....Wait, some one lives there?  I thought it was all tundra!  Well, now I'll need to update my personal map...*grumbles*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

ShiningShadow

I'm a B+ ANd ready to invade those canadians there.