Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirios Skywolf

I wouldn't worry about what legion thinks, particularly. If you got friendly with an alliance that has friends in The Inititative, you might not have trouble with Legion.

Arcalane

So I got a bank with zee funds. I did calculations and showed that the benefit from a bank would be roughly equal to the benefit from a stadium. So I chose a bank, because it was slightly cheaper. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmmm. I just got a trade with someone.

Oil and Aluminium. So, that gave me Beer, Asphalt, and Construction.

So:
Initial soldier cost: -$3
Population happy: +1.5 +2
Soldier count: +10% +20%
Initial aircraft cost: -4% -8%
Initial infra: -7% -5%
Infra cost: -5%
Aircraft limit: +10

So. Uh. Went from ~55% troops to ~85% troops... Dismissed 800 troops, and happiness leaped 6 points.

Income perked up from 90k/day to 110k/day, bills dropped ~1k/day to 28k, infra dropped 5k to 70k/10.

-damn-.

*big cheesy grin*

('course, I note that Tez has slipped past me while I was away. Nuts. *grin*)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

I earn 105k and pay 21k in bills. 10 infra costs me 59k
But my event expires tomorrow, so that'll drop my income by 6k or so :[

Also, I went to the moon. Just sitting in peace mode with no plans on doing anything.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. Interested in an alliance, Kasarn? :-)

Kasarn

Perhaps >_>

...then again, staying in peace mode in LW doesn't seem to be as bad as CN.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was thinking more in a "hey, it's a collection of people" than anything more specific. Locating random users in a group of 7000 is tricky. Locating a list of the DMFA users in there is somewhat easier, I'd think. :-)

No pressure, though. I -think- I know what I'm doing, but...

Kasarn

Thus the >_> but I failed when I added the extra sentence :c

Do you have an alliance name in mind?

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 23, 2007, 07:18:49 AM
Hmmm. I just got a trade with someone.

Oil and Aluminium. So, that gave me Beer, Asphalt, and Construction.

('course, I note that Tez has slipped past me while I was away. Nuts. *grin*)

Yeah... proper resources = good. My coal-lead trade getting booted for inactivity was actually a godsend. I'm in a little growth spurt now that I gave up on trying to get more bonus resources and replaced it with population enhancers.

Quote from: Kasarn on April 23, 2007, 08:55:20 AM
Also, I went to the moon. Just sitting in peace mode with no plans on doing anything.

I just created a colony a few minutes ago (same name as in CN). The place looks like a young Cyber Nations. Lots of familiar faces in the alliance rosters as well... though I'm not too sure that's a good thing. :animesweat
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Kasarn

Well, four of the top LW alliances are disbanded/perma-ZI in CN.
But yeah, there's a lot of crossover and quite a few CN threads on LW.

edit: just to save time, ELS = /b/ and Snowdust Republic = NAAC

llearch n'n'daCorna

How about "Don't Mind Feeble Ants" ? :-)

Sirios Skywolf

Lunar Wars is a rip-off of Cybernations, made up of stolen source code. They also have some pretty dippy administration, which leads to most of the Initiative people on CN deciding not to come over to punish all the people fleeing them. However, I might make a colony and join up with Paradoxia in order to continue punishing the Aegis alliances we were fighting.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Where was the proof of that, then, Sirios?

Not that I'm disagreeing - I have no information either way - but it seems to me that if it was stolen source code, it'd be a damn sight closer in format than it is.

Oh, and on the subject of alliances, it seems that, if we're to stay in peace mode, it might be worth staying un-allied until we reach 200 AI. Shouldn't take too long, but seems it might provide some advantages. Perhaps not right now, but soon.

Kasarn

You can't really tell anymore, but general talk points to LW being more of a CN ripoff when it first started.

As for punishing the Aegis alliances, you may want to take note of the Planet Bob Peace Pact.

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 24, 2007, 06:02:01 AM
How about "Don't Mind Feeble Ants" ? :-)

Deep Moon Fishing Adventures?
Donate More Foreign Aid?
Dangerous Madmen Floating Around?
:mowtongue

Quote from: Sirios Skywolf on April 24, 2007, 11:10:10 AM
Lunar Wars is a rip-off of Cybernations, made up of stolen source code. They also have some pretty dippy administration, which leads to most of the Initiative people on CN deciding not to come over to punish all the people fleeing them. However, I might make a colony and join up with Paradoxia in order to continue punishing the Aegis alliances we were fighting.

Hmm... didn't the launch of Lunar Wars predate that hacking incident at CN? Ah well, whatever its origins, LW is obviously a cheap CN knockoff. It remains to be seen whether the game will fix some of the things that are wrong with CN or just give us more of the same...

Tezkat

[Bumpage]  :mowdizzy

Looks like my nation received a little productivity boost this morning. Thankies, llearch! :kittycool

Do we have any plans for wealth redistribution? I should have my last bank by Monday. That will give me half a mil to share every 2-3 days.

(P.S. Damn... land gets expensive up here...  :B)

Valynth

Really?  I can buy huges chunks of land for one day's worth of taxes.  Anyway, I've hit 3,000 population so now I'm going to attempt to get a bank, or another stadium.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tezkat

Yeah... land was $880 for me last night. It just jumped to $5215 a mile.  :mowdizzy Good thing I won't need to buy any in the near future...

I should be able to put together an aid package by the middle of the week.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not planning on sharing anything just now.

After all, I'm still trying to overtake Tez, so... :-]

(more seriously, I'm concentrating on my internal build, but if anyone (else) -wants- aid, just say the word...)

Kasarn

If you want to overtake Tez, just use Valynth as a tech bitch farm :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

ooo, tempting. Valynth, you up for that? :-)

(incidentally, did I miss anyone who accepted earlier?)

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 28, 2007, 02:11:33 PM
I'm not planning on sharing anything just now.

Oh, is that how it's gonna be...  :mowtongue

Ah well, I've got nothing better to do than build up infra and/or send aid. I'll gain about 60 NS on growing days and none on aid days, so you should have plenty of opportunities to catch up. Now that there's such a large gap between us and the others, however, I'm sure how much I can boost people by myself.

Quote from: Kasarn on April 28, 2007, 02:18:36 PM
If you want to overtake Tez, just use Valynth as a tech bitch farm :3

There's always our good buddy meddle. From up here, he suddenly looks much juicier and less dangerous with all his ill-gotten tech...
:kittydevious

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on April 28, 2007, 05:05:32 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 28, 2007, 02:11:33 PM

Oh, is that how it's gonna be...  :mowtongue

Well, I've got to do -something- to stop us getting all bored and stuff.

I envy you your population numbers. I'll just have to see what I can do to catch up... :-]

Valynth

llearch, you've 63 tech man, I should be begging you for tech.  Also, I seem to have fallen in the ranks (nooooooooooooooooooo), but that's probably because I don't have any funds to use the cheat button.  Mainly due to the fact that I can't get a job since no-one wants to employ a 19 year old college-goer...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm sorry, Valynth, did I miss you saying "yes" somewhere? :-]

The idea was, I give you large amounts of cash, and you give me large amounts of tech. In a ratio of "somewhat more than you pay for it" and "somewhat less than I pay for it" sort of way.

Presently Tech costs me $26,328.06 per level. I'm willing to pay less than that, if you're willing to split the difference, or make some sort of offer... personally I think we should be aiming to bring tech -way- up, but that's just because I dislike my "extended description" being "technically backward"...

I think I'm focusing on infra, just now, though. If you want, I can save up for half a dozen days to get a big slice of tech...

Kasarn

I feel like I'm missing out on the donation bandwagon...
Although I'm not quite sure I see the point on spending money (or receiving a gift, as the case would be) on a game that I'm not taking very seriously :|

Jim Halisstrad

We should start blowing shit up :D

Kasarn

Well, you are pretty much free to attack unaligned nations if you want. Just don't go stirring up trouble with other alliances.
You may also want to consider following Sirios to \m/.

Tezkat

Quote from: Kasarn on April 29, 2007, 12:37:42 AM
Although I'm not quite sure I see the point on spending money (or receiving a gift, as the case would be) on a game that I'm not taking very seriously :|

Well... if all goes according to plan, I will be able to send out one $500k aid package on Thursday and a second on Saturday. That should give you roughly the same benefit as a $10 donation without the guilt associated with spending money on a web game.
:kittycool

Feel free to fight to the death with Jim to decide who gets the first one. :kittydevious

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kasarn on April 29, 2007, 12:37:42 AM

Given the current status of the USD (freefall, 1:2 and rising) it's about 2 pints of beer for this level of gift.

I don't usually get out to have a pint or two, so... *shrug*