Fluffly butt is back!

Started by James StarRunner, February 15, 2007, 06:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

Holy... freakin'... cow! It's been forever hasn't it?! Hello out there! I'm still alive and my computer is too!!

About $1000 and many headaches later, I finally fixed my machine! I had tons of troubles trying to figure out what what wrong with it before. It didn't occur to me that near EVERYTHING was burnt out!

Now I can actually do homework and projects and have fun again! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! This computer has never run so good before! Yay for dual core!

Of course I'll be a bit busy trying to play catch up, but I should be more or less in the swing of things now.

Tapewolf

Excellent.  Of course, I knew all this from your DA, but anyway, it's good to see you around again.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Indeed. Welcome back, Fluffly butt. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Ya, I copied most of the message from there. I've been re-installing my software and catching up on school related things since then though.

Oh! And llearch, while you're here, may ya unlock my art thread? I hear you got 'da power! :P

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=682.150

That one?

Probably closed for "no posts in ~3 months", unless I miss my guess...

bill

Whatever reason, it's been unlocked.

xHaZxMaTx

Would you be mad if I said I hadn't noticed you were gone? :<  Though you shouldn't take it personally, half the forumites could disappear and I wouldn't notice. :lol

bill

Don't be sad, Haz' an insensitive bastard. Isn't that right, Haz?

xHaZxMaTx

Drake Manaweilder

Good to see you back James, How's winter been to ya?

ShiningShadow

Welcome back Mr. Starrunner If I known you were comming back I will have this palce all cleaned up *waves featherduster around*.

Boog

IT LIVES! HA! I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPPEN EVENTUALLY!
Yeah, you were missed (and not just because I was rather enjoying the DnD RP. No, really. I swear.)

LionHeart

*waves* Welcome back.

I was going to say that for $1000 you could just get a whole new computer, but from the sound of it, that's about what you did...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

xHaZxMaTx

Which brings up an interesting, yet completely off-topic question: At what point does your old computer cease to exist?  I have managed to replace every part in and around my computer excluding the hard drive, though I still consider it to be my first computer.

Paladin Sheppard

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 16, 2007, 02:25:08 AM
Which brings up an interesting, yet completely off-topic question: At what point does your old computer cease to exist?

When it no longer contains your personal data.  Did that turn out to be the case, James?  :B

Suwako

I missed ya, and I have the memory of something that died a million years ago. It just doesn't like work it's as lazy as I am.

....*gives James a stick for no reason what so ever*

Gabi

Welcome back! Sorry to hear you lost so much of your old computer, but I'm glad you've managed to recover from it. It's great to have you back. :mowsmile
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

RJ

It's my friendy-wend James!!!  :hug Welcome back!

James StarRunner

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 15, 2007, 07:13:15 PM
Would you be mad if I said I hadn't noticed you were gone? :<  Though you shouldn't take it personally, half the forumites could disappear and I wouldn't notice. :lol
Gasp! How could you say that after the random huggle ya gave me? Actually, I'm pretty clueless myself unless it's with a really close friend.

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on February 15, 2007, 07:25:21 PM
Good to see you back James, How's winter been to ya?
Cold, snowy, and trying to dodge the cold or flu constantly. Heh... typical Canadian winter. :P

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 15, 2007, 08:27:47 PM
Welcome back Mr. Starrunner If I known you were comming back I will have this palce all cleaned up *waves featherduster around*.
Achoo! Dang! How much dust was in that thing before you waved it around?  :B

Quote from: Boogeyman on February 15, 2007, 10:31:23 PM
IT LIVES! HA! I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPPEN EVENTUALLY!
Yeah, you were missed (and not just because I was rather enjoying the DnD RP. No, really. I swear.)
Haha! Thanks! I should have something up today actually, assuming I find my notes.

Quote from: LionHeart on February 16, 2007, 02:19:39 AM
*waves* Welcome back.

I was going to say that for $1000 you could just get a whole new computer, but from the sound of it, that's about what you did...
Thanks! I already spent lots of money for new parts, so instead of getting a new computer, I figured I should just get the remaining parts. Got some great parts too! ^_^

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 16, 2007, 02:25:08 AM
Which brings up an interesting, yet completely off-topic question: At what point does your old computer cease to exist?  I have managed to replace every part in and around my computer excluding the hard drive, though I still consider it to be my first computer.
When it blows up in your face would be one I guess... That is a hard question though since it may all be a matter of opinion. One could argue that adding a piece would make a new computer or only if you replace all parts.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2007, 04:13:42 AM
When it no longer contains your personal data.  Did that turn out to be the case, James?  :B
Actually, that's quite true. (By the way, your help to my harddrive fund really helped)

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on February 16, 2007, 03:22:32 AM
Hey JSR welcome back!
Thank ya! (By the way, I should have the pencil sketch of your commission up as soon as I figure out my scanner :P )

Quote from: ITOS on February 16, 2007, 04:12:54 AM
Nice to see you back. :)
Nice to be back! ^_^

Quote from: Aiyno Wolf on February 16, 2007, 04:16:57 AM
I missed ya, and I have the memory of something that died a million years ago. It just doesn't like work it's as lazy as I am.

....*gives James a stick for no reason what so ever*
Whoo hoo! A stick!  :3 (I've got a memory like that too)

Quote from: Gabi on February 16, 2007, 05:06:25 AM
Welcome back! Sorry to hear you lost so much of your old computer, but I'm glad you've managed to recover from it. It's great to have you back. :mowsmile
Thanks! My computer actually looks exactly the same, it's just all the internal parts that changed. :P

Quote from: RJ on February 16, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
Squirrely hugs! ^_^

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on February 16, 2007, 12:18:08 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2007, 04:13:42 AM
Actually, that's quite true. (By the way, your help to my harddrive fund really helped)

Heh... I'd actually forgotten about that - I was going to donate again.  In fact I'll probably do it again anyway.

If you want copies of all the known Dan recordings, let me know NOW (before I shut the machine down for the move) and I'll sort that out for you.  Pretty much all the music I've ever give you can be found on http://www.dougtheeagle.com anyway, barring a few test mixes of things.

Quote from: RJ on February 16, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
Squirrely hugs! ^_^

Well, at least it's not wolf-kisses... :-S

ShiningShadow

Oh I forgot to give something JSR *gives a three scoop icream cone to JSR* :).

Gareeku

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2007, 12:23:44 PM
If you want copies of all the known Dan recordings, let me know NOW (before I shut the machine down for the move) and I'll sort that out for you.  Pretty much all the music I've ever give you can be found on http://www.dougtheeagle.com anyway, barring a few test mixes of things.
I should be good till Monday. I'm still trying to figure out why my recordings sound funny now. I think it's the new board... I'll be playing with the settings anyways.

*cough* Ya... As much as I like you and Gar, I don't like you guys that way. :P

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 16, 2007, 12:27:26 PM
Oh I forgot to give something JSR *gives a three scoop icream cone to JSR* :).
SWEET! Thanks dude!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on February 16, 2007, 12:50:19 PM

It's not whether you like them, but whether they like you.... :-)+)

James StarRunner

Zedd

Okays...Lest see here...Amber has alot stalkers,Dmoon has stalkers,Janus has MANY stalkers and now James has stalkers

Hilary

*is late*

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 16, 2007, 12:52:10 PM
Quote from: James StarRunner on February 16, 2007, 12:50:19 PM
It's not whether you like them, but whether they like you.... :-)+)

Yeah, you pretty much have no choice in the matter when it comes to wolf-kisses. Good to have you back, James! (*ponders the anatomy of Phoenix kisses*) :P