Swords, bigbigbig Swords!

Started by Teroniss, February 13, 2007, 02:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Holy moly, I had given up hope on ever finding a place that makes the full size versions of swords i want, but I found it.
http://www.kingofswords.com/

They have everything  :eager

Including 9ft long Sephiroth sword and 6ft long Cloud sword. I am in sword bliss right now and not even Fighter's bliss can compare to it.

BTW, heres the Sephy sword: http://www.kingofswords.com/product_info.php/products_id/12410
Hey Amber, I know you liked FF7, guess what. They have Materia too's.

RJ

Sweet muffins above, I'm in love.

xHaZxMaTx

Why on Earth would you want a 9 foot sword? :erk

Teroniss

I think the better question is why wouldnt i? This site is like an R-Rated candy for my braincells.

Xuzaf D

I don't like any of the game recreations

Just look:
http://www.kingofswords.com/product_info.php/cPath/474_480/products_id/12417
The pic from the game is right behind it. The only thing 100% right about it is the fact that it's a sword.

While on the subject of Dante:
http://www.kingofswords.com/product_info.php/cPath/474_480/products_id/12108
Why the hell is he in the middle of this Soul Calibur image?
The blade is better on this one (it actually resembles the Soul Calibur) but the hilt, even forgiving the exclusion of the unrealistic spiral, is a bit lacking.

Teroniss

Ok, so they're not all gems, but they're doing a better job then some game replica sellers ive seen >.>

Aridas

They didn't get link's shield right, I don't think :<

Turnsky

they be ultimately cool, but i prefer me polearms  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ITOS

QuoteNever bring a knife to a gun fight, always bring a gun to a knife fight.

:P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Turnsky

Quote from: ITOS on February 13, 2007, 05:40:02 AM

and never bring neither to an irish fistfight.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

The bigger the sword the better?

ITOS

superluser

Quote from: Teroniss on February 13, 2007, 02:24:07 AMIncluding 9ft long Sephiroth sword and 6ft long Cloud sword. I am in sword bliss right now and not even Fighter's bliss can compare to it.

I can top that.  And it's not even a replica.

Wawel Castle in Poland has a giant sword that's well over six feet; I'm not 100% sure of how long it is, but the blade is gilded and at least four inches wide.

And then they have gunblades.  Real gunblades, designed to be used in war.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: ITOS on February 13, 2007, 05:40:02 AM

Well thats not strictly true

a knife you can bring to a gun fight

belive it or not thats real

Though my personal favorite was the axe you could bring to a gun fight

Jim Halisstrad

When somebody sells the Great Knife from Silent Hill 2, then I will be interested ;3

Nikki

*drools*

want....

*starts having convulsions and foams at the mouth*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 13, 2007, 10:17:27 AM
When somebody sells the Great Knife from Silent Hill 2, then I will be interested ;3

I want the Hoe of Destruction...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lushin

And here I come to burst everyone's bubble. If that is a 9 foot sword it would be a wall hanger at best. There is no way it could actually be wielded by anyone. I dunno know about you guys but if I can't wield the sword than it's useless to me. When I do get some new swords I think I'll get them from here.

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-c-3.html

I know they're not full size but they can be wielded.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Kenji

I don't see Zidane's swallow. BOOOOOOOO! D:<
Nice site otherwise, though.

Quote from: superluser on February 13, 2007, 09:15:12 AM
Quote from: Teroniss on February 13, 2007, 02:24:07 AMIncluding 9ft long Sephiroth sword and 6ft long Cloud sword. I am in sword bliss right now and not even Fighter's bliss can compare to it.

I can top that.  And it's not even a replica.

Wawel Castle in Poland has a giant sword that's well over six feet; I'm not 100% sure of how long it is, but the blade is gilded and at least four inches wide.

You don't mean a horse cleaver, do you? Or are there other ginormous swords out there.

superluser

Quote from: Kenji on February 13, 2007, 03:38:24 PM
Quote from: superluserI can top that.  And it's not even a replica.

You don't mean a horse cleaver, do you? Or are there other ginormous swords out there.

I *think* it's the sword that Innocent XI gave to Jan III Sobieski.  When I saw it, I think it was taller than I was, and that was at an angle.  It was obviously only for display or decoration, but man, it was huge.

Oh, and the gunblades are real gunblades, too.  They're shortswords with a derringer-sized flintlock attached.

Tiny crested flint

:U *also drowns in drool*

I know what to get my girl for V-day now!

Also, are there any more gun-blades/swords/knives/axes that actually fire?

xHaZxMaTx

Wait... you're a guy? :confused

Anyway, I'm with Daimien, why buy a sword if you can't even pick it up, let alone use it.

ITOS

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 13, 2007, 05:33:44 PM
Anyway, I'm with Daimien, why buy a sword if you can't even pick it up, let alone use it.

Why buy a painting if you can't even pick it up, let alone beat someone in the head with it? :razz

xHaZxMaTx

Kenji

You'd be surprised how easily heavy swords are able to be wielded.

Sunblink

Quote from: Daimien on February 13, 2007, 11:25:58 AM
And here I come to burst everyone's bubble. If that is a 9 foot sword it would be a wall hanger at best. There is no way it could actually be wielded by anyone. I dunno know about you guys but if I can't wield the sword than it's useless to me. When I do get some new swords I think I'll get them from here.

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-c-3.html

I know they're not full size but they can be wielded.

Holy s*$tburgers, they have a keyblade. I think I'm in heaven, but if only it weren't so pricey. XD Then I would terrorize the whole frickin' neighborhood with the exploits of Keaton the Keyblade Wielder, and her sidekick, her pet leopard gecko Murgatroid. They will make many a tale chronicling our exploits!

But that's just me being insane, as usual.

I wonder if a nine-foot long sword is really practical, though. Seems too heavy and awkward to wield... but then again, it's not like RPG monsters are parading around in the streets for us to use them on. :p Awesome website, by the way... going to spend the rest of the night searching through it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

superluser

Quote from: Kenji on February 13, 2007, 05:47:06 PMYou'd be surprised how easily heavy swords are able to be wielded.

There's a difference between being able to wield one and being able to fight with one effectively.  Watch the black knight scene from The Holy Grail.  Arthur is basically flinging that sword around with no control.  He'd be more graceful with a sledge.  If you sent me in there with a dirk and no training, I'd probably be more likely to come out as the victor.

Tiny crested flint

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 13, 2007, 05:33:44 PM
Wait... you're a guy? :confused

:tumbleweed ...I hate you people so much. Yes I am, oh well I guess this is my own fault somehow. what made you think otherwise?

superluser is right but buy the sword anyway just to look awsome

Kenji

Quote from: superluser on February 13, 2007, 06:11:29 PM
Quote from: Kenji on February 13, 2007, 05:47:06 PMYou'd be surprised how easily heavy swords are able to be wielded.

There's a difference between being able to wield one and being able to fight with one effectively.  Watch the black knight scene from The Holy Grail.  Arthur is basically flinging that sword around with no control.  He'd be more graceful with a sledge.  If you sent me in there with a dirk and no training, I'd probably be more likely to come out as the victor.

True, but once you get the ability to swing a sword, learning to use it isn't so hard. However, the -quickness- of how you can swing it is different..

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Density D.what made you think otherwise?
Destiny is a girl name.

Anyway, there's no way you'd be able to effectively use a sword like some of these, they're just too heavy.  I'd like to see someone try and hold a 15 ft sword that weighs 50+ lbs., let alone fling it around and have any control over it.