Northern Winds (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 04, 2007, 11:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want in
name: kennith brown
nicknames: the wall
race: being raccoon
place of origin: back seat of a sedan
family: virginia;wife, cody;son, pvt. simmins;best friend (decesed)

physical traits
height: 5'9'' or the equivalent in this story
weight: 160 lbs
build: athletic
eyes: brown
hair: black
fur:normal raccon colors
clothes: from head to toe: spikey black hair, a celtic cross necklace, pink floyd "the wall" tee shirt, standard face wrist watch with a black leather band, wedding ring(plain gold band), baggy cargo style blue jeans, and black vans(the shoes).

bio
history: A sergeant in the military he quit, and settled back into his lax life. However needing money he bacame a bounty hunter to his wife's distain. he lives in a small villige not far from the beginning setting but travels far for his bounties.

persona:Kennith can be a hardass when something needs done, but most of the time he's a happy go lucky gun for hire. Death threats are not uncommon for him, and TO him infact. if you get on his bad side beware he will not let you know, insted he will torment you wih mind games and silly pranks that make you feel like crap.

abilities: He can work a gun, He is physicly fit, He can lead, He is bright wise and insightful.

strengths: He is in good condition, of sound mind, and has a gun.
weaknesses: Being a being he has all their weaknesses but he fears looseing a man in the field moreso than anything else and will forfit his own life to make sure this never happens.
triva: he is a clepto, likes to fish, likes to drink, and is addicted to a narcotic known as puff (it induces an acidesque trip if you've ever watched pink floyd's the wall you know what im talking about).

Stygian

Allright, allright, Lucas. But as I've said, I'll throw you in when it can be done, like Mel, and you should keep on your toes.

lucas marcone

ok. im not badgering you though. you said you needed more info i gave you what was germaine to the type of Rp this is

lucas marcone

Tezkat

Ooh... group of adventurers walking into a quiet drinking establishment, version two point oh. Hopefully, this one has fixed the flammability issues.
:kittydevious

Should I be prepping for a cold intro, or will the rest of us newcomers be receiving hooks? Many of the characters here have a history together, but my guy probably wouldn't know anyone except by reputation (with the possible exception of Keaton, depending on when she was expelled from SAIA).

(Actually... where--or rather when--does this RP fit in with respect to the rest of the fan continuity?)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Stygian

Hm? Fit in? I think you may have it wrong. It's... what? A couple of years past comic time. Not too many. Also, I think you'd have to speak to Keaton herself about that.

And this RP is very flammable, I am sad to say. Once it catches up speed, I think we'll all have to watch out.

Tezkat

Quote from: Stygian on April 28, 2007, 04:06:23 PM
Hm? Fit in? I think you may have it wrong. It's... what? A couple of years past comic time. Not too many.

Oh, ya know... you guys have all these Furrae RPs and fanfics going and frequently reference past encounters with each other. There appears to be an assumption that they're all in the same continuity.

If this RP takes place a couple of years past comic time (say, after Webs of Destiny, which is listed as comic + 2 years), then my character is a few years older than I indicated and would have been out in the real world longer. I could come up with an adventurer background/cover, for instance, rather than him being some kid fresh out of SAIA. I suppose meeting other characters "for the first time" here could also have interesting implications for my being able to use him in any of the other Furrae RPs.

Er... am I thinking too hard? :mowdizzy

QuoteAnd this RP is very flammable, I am sad to say. Once it catches up speed, I think we'll all have to watch out.

Hmm... I wonder if I'm element resistant. Being chased by reptilian flamethrowers is probably not a good time to test that... :animesweat

Stygian

There's no such thing as thinking too hard. You're doing just fine as of yet, really.

And the flamethrowers are not exclusively reptilian. Not to mention that flames might be the least of your worries...

Metal Juggernaut

Hi all,
     This is an awesome Rp and i'd love to join.Don't worry bout post #,im used to Rp's.

Name- Darikol Wynne

Nickname-Dar

Race-Being

Species- Grizzly Bear

Family- Father (Grizzly Bear) Tristern Wynne,works as an Blacksmith that specalizes in copying old time weapons.
Mother(Grizzly Bear) Regina Wynne,housewife,looks after the house and is very strong willed.

Place of Origin- Heaven's Step Village

Height-7' 5''

Weight- 480 Lbs.

Build- Heavy

Eyes- Brown

Hair- Brown

Fur- Brown

Features- Heavyset ,very big arms and torso.

History- Born in Heaven's Step village 14 years ago to a middle income family,wants to be in the service of The Lord.

Personality- "If it's evil ,smash it .If it's good,protect it with everything in your power,including your life." Is a saying he lives by.Very good sense of humor and sometimes when fighting evil creatures goes into a battle frenzy where he loses all sense of personal safety.Will fight to the end,for God and his friends.

Abilities- Can talk to God directly,as if you were having a conversation with somebody next to you.Can see spirits,angels or demons.God hasn't let anyone kill his son yet.

Strengths- Strength,can pack a whallop behind a punch or slam, and can take huge amounts of damage before going down.Is used to fighting masses of enemies at once.

Weaknesses- Slow,he can run at a decent pace for only very short distanses.Gets tired easily.Hates running.Not known for his agility.

Trivia- Will eat anything.He is a great cook,a trait he learned from his mom.Very strong sense of loyalty,will never give up.His parents were almost killed by an assassin from SAIA.He vows he will take his vengence on the one who organized the attack...Fa'Lina,no one will stop him.

Weapons- A large 5'' long two-handed warhammer that weighs about 150 Lbs..His own body,sice he is weighed down by a huge set of plate armor.

Boog

Methinks someone is getting ahead of himself. Part of the whole RP experience on these forums would be "waiting until your character is approved." Breaking this rule can have an interesting impact upon the number of people who get rather frustrated with you. Give 'em an hour or two and examples A through C should probably show up to elaborate. For future reference, might I suggest reading the rules of both the RP forums and any RPs you try to join beforehand?

Stygian

I agree with Boogeyman. Though, I think that as the creator of this RP, I will say this more clearly; I did not give you any approval for entry, this introductory post of yours is way too ego-focused, not at all relevant to the storyline and you're breaking both the rules of the RP and the forum in general. You need to learn to use the space bar and things like talking to God directly and including Fa'Lina directly into your storyline...

In other words, get out, moron. Lurk more and whatnot, and learn some general forum and social skills.

bill

Metal Juggernaut, GTFO of this RP if you don't want to follow the rules. First official warning.

*bye*

Tezkat

One has to wonder just what kind of RPing he's used to. :B Those of us still waiting to get in don't appreciate the butting in line...

It occurs to me, however, that the whole "wait for GM approval before posting" thing hasn't been made explicit; it's more of an unspoken rule of RP etiquette that we follow on this forum. Being a noob, his ignorance of joining procedures isn't all that surprising. (His being completely off topic and inability to format paragraphs are an entirely different problem... :3)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Sort of... but you have...

Quote from: Darkmoon on January 08, 2007, 09:44:28 PM
For those of you looking to join a game that's currently closed, if it's closed, you can't join until it's open, and, unless the DM says you can just ad new characters at your leisure, you need to run your character past the DM for approval and introduction. It's his game, and his prerogative how it's run.

...followed by a non-closed game in which...

Quote from: Stygian on February 04, 2007, 11:00:08 PM
Anyone who is interested can join...

...which could be confusing for clueless noobs. In both cases, information regarding joining procedures is buried halfway down the thread as well. Maybe it should be in a more visible location?

Stygian

There we go. You're both in now, Tez and Lucas. Please make sure to give us a good time. >:]

Somber

Just a heads up but I'm working 60+ hours this and next week so I won't be able to post much.

"Sowwies."

Somber

Boog

Richard, not Jeremiah. They're not that alike, are they?

Stygian

Quite right. I seem to be missing my head. Though I am wondering just what you expect, Mr. Characterswapperoo?

Also, I hope that Tez and Lucas gan get a move on, schnell! Wir warten besonders auf Sie!

Tezkat

Well... okay. Since nobody else seems to want to take the first shot, I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling. I've intentionally left the exact target of the wolf's crossbow unnamed. First come, first serve! But don't worry, there's more than enough ammo to go around. >:] The bolt itself is non-magical wood.

Sunblink

Hello Somber. Your friendly neighborhood jackal Succubus here.

Sorry to nitpick, but Keaton already jumped at Illat. The shields are down--he's focused on Richard at the moment.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

Well, lets see if I can't jump in here a moment. :3

Hope you don't mind, Tezkat.

Kogitsune

Erm... hello... Is it too late to join?

Name: Kiri Carver
Nickname(s): Kiwi (only her baby sister who can't pronounce r's calls her that, though.)
Race: being?
Species: feline
Family and Association(s): Laurel Carver (mother) Shona Carver (older sister) Emi Carver (younger sister) "Orin" (father?)
Place of Origin: Rainy Hills, Furrae (Very remote town, far from most major cities. People who live there either move away and never come back, or stay there and live out the rest of their lives in boredom.)

Physical description

Height: 5'2''
Weight: 93 lbs
Build: small and skinny
Eyes: blue
Hair: black
Fur Coloration: black except for tip of tail, which is which is white.
Distinguishing features: always wearing half of a glass ball around her neck, has a dragon tattoo on her back.

Biographical and general information

History: Kiri's mother Laurel was still very young when her first husband died. She and Kiri's sister Shona were all alone until some stranger by the name of Orin came to Rainy Hills. Laurel fell in love with the mysterious man and, within 6 months, they were married. By the time Shona was 6, Laurel had her second daughter, this was Kiri. But a day after Kiri was born, Orin disappeared.

Laurel tried her best to raise Kiri and Shona, but it was hard finding a job in as small a town as Rainy Hills, so when Kiri was one and Shona seven, they moved to the city in the north.

At school, Shona and Kiri were mocked enough for their mothers history with husbands, especially after Emi was born. They wouldn't even tell anyone who their baby sisters father was. If anyone asked, they were answered with a glare.

the year Kiri tuned fourteen, Emi four, Shona left for Rainy Hills. Shona didn't like the city, and would be much happier working in the country.
After her older sister left, Kiri tried to find out as much as she could about her father. Her search proved useless, except for half of a glass ball she found when looking through her mother's old things. When asked, Laurel said that it was half of a pendant Orin used to wear. "Strange," She had said. "He never took the silly thing off!"

It's been a year since Kiri found any information on her father, a month since her friends convinced her to get a tattoo (Which Laurel still doesn't know about) and a week since she was fired from her last job. Also, as if life wasn't complicated enough, Kiri has been getting a strange sense of foreboding whenever she looks to the north...

Personality: sarcastic, enthusiastic, and very protective of Emi (they have "similar histories", as Kiri puts it). Kiri has been known to hold grudges, but only if someone has done something to offend her terribly. She is also very aggressive and it isn't common to see her with a bruise or cut from her latest fight with the local boys.

Abilities: fair shot in archery, and  general knowledge of pressure points.

Strengths: Smart, fast, and a good liar.

Weaknesses: her aggression usually gets the better of her, which makes her charge blindly into a lot of bad situations.

Trivia:
suffered from Taphophobia (fear of being buried alive) ever since she fell into an old mine shaft.

was born with gray eyes that turned blue as she got older

plans on telling her mother about her tattoo, just "never has the time"

Tezkat

Um... Cog... writing in the effects of your attacks on other PCs is powergamey enough, but one-hit-killing them is obscenely rude. :dface I know I'm supposed to lose this fight, but geez... :animesweat

Stygian

Since I expect that someone will have some objections about my last post, I am going to preemptively say that I'm sorry and that I will be changing... well, just about anything in it upon request. :B

Also, your character seems interesting, Kogitsune. So I can try and squeeze you in. And hopefully she won't be out of place in our group. Indeed, we already have two black felines. What good is not another? :shifty

Kogitsune

Quote from: Stygian on May 24, 2007, 07:23:14 PM
Since I expect that someone will have some objections about my last post, I am going to preemptively say that I'm sorry and that I will be changing... well, just about anything in it upon request. :B

Also, your character seems interesting, Kogitsune. So I can try and squeeze you in. And hopefully she won't be out of place in our group. Indeed, we already have two black felines. What good is not another? :shifty

I could change her fur color. Kiri is a brand new character, so it's not like it's set in stone or something. I've actually been regretting making her a black cat. It just doesn't seem to suit her *shrugs*. hmm... okay...

*edit-thingy*

Hair: red
Fur Coloration: brown except for tip of tail, which is white.

That okay?

Stygian

Either way is fine, sweets. I was not complaining, and I don't think anyone else would mind either, really.

Kogitsune

eh, like I said, I think my latest thing suits her better, kinda. well, I have to read the last few pages of the RP to know what's going on! See yas!

Stygian

Shoop whoop! Just hold on a second, Kogi...

Now, while that was quite a good introduction, technically, it was inaccurate. We're still outside the bar. Observe, or I am firing my lazor.

Kogitsune