The Sacred Lands (OOC)

Started by seru, May 15, 2008, 01:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seru

The Fair Lord, Llanex Demosthene, has fallen. His son, Uther the Betrayer, slew him in cold blood. The Elven Knights, the Forest Guard, who served under the Human Emperor, shot down Uther. And so did the Empire of Nevendaar sunder into Zeltennia and Sarya. Sarya followed the Disciples of Uther, and Zeltennia the Knights of Demosthene. Now war brews, and worry is on all minds.

The Inquisition, the Servants of God, those who keep the piece, hold Zeltennia together as it lacks coherence. The Council of Dwarves, Men and Elves rule, and its word has brought the three races close, and they are like Brethren, allies at arms.

There is a Village, secluded in the Elven Woods, which compose the only paths between Sarya, and Zeltennia, held on both sides by Dwarven Mountains. In it, is a Youth, whose father was a Templar Knight. Sadly, his father died, and to these people of the Land, he was a fool, and his name marked. This Child is ostracized, and forced to survive. Orcs and Goblins live near this forest, and he has been witness to the Skirmishes between Green skin and Mortal.

The Elves of the Forest took pity on this child, and one stayed close to him. The Elven Maiden, Alessa Foreststrider, took him into her house, and christened him a Ranger, and one of her allies. Doing this, she gave him a pendant. It would forever mark not as man, but Mer, the Elven People. The Youth, who barely remembers his father, knowing him only as a Kind Fair man, has lived alone, only Elves to be near him, and now, he feels a compulsion. To protect the People of Galebroken from the Goblin Menace.

The Youth saw a raid party, and he headed them off, his Elven forged Sabers singing as the Goblins made it into the Village. They saw a Brown Cloaked figure, carrying two swords land before them. And then three goblins died in the ensuing havoc. After the three died, the goblins fell back, and the figure threw off his cloak. The Youth stood, smiling, the Seventeen year old having defended the town.

He was garbed in a simple green tunic, embroidered with the vines and leaves of the Elven people, and his trousers were the same, only lacking the embroidering. His belt and sheathes were simple, and on his back were a Quiver of Arrows and a Bow. He was an Elf to the people, and then he turned, Black hair blowing in the wind, the Braid he wore as a sign of Respect to the Elves remaining tight. His Pendant was on his chest, and he looked at the People who gathered. Then the First stone was cast, and Finely honed reflexes allowed him to deflect it. "You bastard! Now the Orcs will come." "TRAITOR!" "JUST LIKE YOUR NO-GOOD FATHER!"

The Mayor walked up to him, and looked him in the eye. He knew that the Youth was hurt, not physically, but by the scorn of those he sought to defend. "Why did you come here? You are not welcome." "My Mentor told me that those who I was birthed by are my charges. But you have scorned my caring." The youth's mournful voice rolled. "I am sorry, Peter, but we still will not welcome you here." "Then I will leave you to your own fates." Peter turned from the Mayor, and picked up his woolen cloak. "May you all rot." He walked away. It had been Seventeen years since the Day of Lord Llanex's death. Peter let no tears shed as he left. A single stone came flying for him, and he turned, catching it in his Leather gloved hands, and he dropped it. "Human Hatred... How damning." Peter returned to his cottage in the woods, and found the Elf, her black hair mirroring his, who had taken him in. She smiled. "Turned away?" "Yes, Alessa, they turned me away..." She walked over, hugging him softly. He began to cry softly. "It's alright... Just let it out... Your safe." She cooed to him, and they walked into his cottage. She smiled, and whispered to him. "It's okay. Peter, you did a brave thing, and for that, I will dub thee accordingly. For being a Protector of the Land, I name thee, Peter Earthguard, Ranger of the Four."

That Night, there was a Saving Grace for the Village. A Party of Heroes. They helped stem the Tide of Orcs, and a Detachment of Elven Wardens joined them. Among them was one who kept his face hidden. The Orcs were beaten back, and the Party was dismayed to find the Inn full. The Elves spoke to the Party, telling them of a Cottage, where a Human who would gladly give them lodgings resided. The Wardens dispersed after telling the Party where to go, and as the Party arrived, they were met with a Sullen Peter Earthguard. "Who are you?"

(You are all the Heroes who defended the Village. Your on a quest from the Council, which I will PM each person individually. I mean for this to be Intrigue laced, among the Heroic Fantasy. If anyone wishes to be from Sarya, PM me, and we will talk. This can be joined at any time provided I am PMed, and then we will discuss how we can work you in. Please understand that I might be bogged down, but I will try my hardest to fit you in.

Use the provided character sheet)

Character Sheet:

Profession:
Birthplace:
Where do they live:
Biggest Hope:
Major Fear:
Biggest Secret:
Favorite Subject in School:
Three Major Likes:
Three Major Dislikes:
First thing done when woken up in morning:
Thing that annoys them most in another person:
One Positive trait:
One Negative trait:
Best Thing ever done:
Worst thing ever done:

Name:
Eye Color:
Eyes shaping:
Hair Style:
Hair Color:
Facial Features:
Skin Tone:
Normal Choice in clothing:

Weapon used most often:
Class:
Ties with any major empire:
Title if any:

llearch n'n'daCorna

If you're collecting character sheets, then surely this is the OOC thread, not the IC thread.

Might I recommend splitting the two? You might even want to run the OOC for a week or two to let people have a chance to sign up, first.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Definately sounds interesting (seems of a similar sort of thing as the Sweeping Darkness RP already running), but as llarch says, you might want to rename this the OOC thread first. I've got a few ideas for characters, I might submit one once I work on it.

seru

Well, I had planned on having the Sheets in the thread itself for easy reference, but If that is how it is run around here,  I will comply.

techmaster-glitch

Well, it's not a rule, per se, but it does make things easier. The OOC thread is usually where the character sheets and all game issues are discussed, and all out-of-character problems resolved. That is the main purpose of the OOC thread, because poeple need to communicate out of character. It is only functional that the charcater sheets follow. The IC thread is where all the actual ropleplaying goes on.

On the specific issue of finding charcater sheets, a little time ago most of the roleplays around here created a charcater index in the first post of their OOC threads. The best example would be the Brotherhood of the Machine index. They are labled links that go directly to each character's sheet within the thread. You can do the same if you think keeping track of characters might be a problem.

techmaster-glitch

So, our characters have to start off as already knowing each other? That is an interesting way of doing it, usually most RP charcaters are randomly assembled rag-tags, but being grouped at the start might be good to try...
I might get started on a character soon, I've had an idea I wanted to develop.

seru

It lends party cohesion, which isuseful, since an uncohesive party, is prey to angry Drow.