Here's an idea!

Started by k9evilfox, February 02, 2007, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k9evilfox

Hey, what if DMFA were an anime on the tv! I've been thinking for a long time that it should be a tv cartoon or even a movie. That would be really cool. I would watch it every day. I could also be a videogame. Wouldn't that be neat! Anyone else wanna see this happen?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Krystina on February 02, 2007, 10:56:22 AM
Hey, what if DMFA were an anime on the tv! I've been thinking for a long time that it should be a tv cartoon or even a movie. That would be really cool. I would watch it every day. I could also be a videogame. Wouldn't that be neat! Anyone else wanna see this happen?

There is a fan game project, although I suspect it's going to take something like 5 years to complete, assuming it doesn't fall apart.

While many people would like see an animation it doesn't look likely at present, although animation is actually my reason for the Radio Project (in animation, you usually record the soundtrack first).  Catherine Willington began to make a slideshow version of the 'Warrior For Hire' arc, which reminds me - I really must get back to work on the strip cleanups and speech-bubble removal.

You can find both projects 'Furrae Project' and the Radio Project in the 'Lost Lake' section of the board.

And the Radio project main page is here:  http://dmfa.it-he.org

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

I kinda like that idea. There is a guy who does the Ninja High School comics he will be perfect if DMFA goes Anime but my only first choice is Amber she has the talent to pull that off.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 02, 2007, 12:43:22 PM
I kinda like that idea. There is a guy who does the Ninja High School comics he will be perfect if DMFA goes Anime but my only first choice is Amber she has the talent to pull that off.

I think you're confusing anime and manga.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Roureem Egas on February 02, 2007, 12:53:34 PM

I saw his work on another anime *Tank girls or Tank police* something with a tank in the title and I saw a brief secon this guys work on the anime with the two main characters in the Ninja High School outfit fighting each other.

fesworks

Well, as far as I know, some gaming comic might be in talks to have a cartoon made out of it.... But the only confirmed webcomic I know that has a Cartoon in the works is Badly Drawn Kitties... last I heard anyway, it's under development.

Basically, the cartooning would have to be outsourced to the studio, as well as much of the writing.

I'm doubt that Amber would want to give up that much control on her comic, in which she has specific plans and stories in mind for the comic as a whole and for each character.

As far as a video game? I dunno. I hear a lot about people wanted to make fan games, but I rarely see it actually done. I only know that there IS a game for JACK.

Fex

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 02, 2007, 12:56:42 PM

I saw his work on another anime *Tank girls or Tank police* something with a tank in the title and I saw a brief secon this guys work on the anime with the two main characters in the Ninja High School outfit fighting each other.

I think you mean Tank Vixen

Tapewolf

Quote from: fesworks on February 02, 2007, 03:24:25 PM
As far as a video game? I dunno. I hear a lot about people wanted to make fan games, but I rarely see it actually done. I only know that there IS a game for JACK.

U5:Lazarus is probably the ultimate fan game.  It's a remake of Ultima 5.  It took about five years to complete, but they got there in the end, and the result was absolutely mind-blowing.  It was better than the official Ultima 8 and 9 games (although some say that isn't hard).
They did use the Dungeon Siege engine rather than their own offering, however.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zina

Quote from: Fex on February 02, 2007, 03:50:56 PM

I think he means New Dominion Tank Police.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 02, 2007, 11:03:46 AM

There is a fan game project, although I suspect it's going to take something like 5 years to complete, assuming it doesn't fall apart.

While many people would like see an animation it doesn't look likely at present, although animation is actually my reason for the Radio Project (in animation, you usually record the soundtrack first).  Catherine Willington began to make a slideshow version of the 'Warrior For Hire' arc, which reminds me - I really must get back to work on the strip cleanups and speech-bubble removal.

You can find both projects 'Furrae Project' and the Radio Project in the 'Lost Lake' section of the board.

And the Radio project main page is here:  http://dmfa.it-he.org
Animation of DMFA has been something of a secret dream of mine. Down the road (years), after I do the card models for the cast, I'm going to have 3D models of all of them. I might like to try doing animation with that.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Zina on February 02, 2007, 04:17:26 PM
Quote from: Fex on February 02, 2007, 03:50:56 PM

I think he means New Dominion Tank Police.

I think that's the one who was the guy who draws for Ninja High School if that setting will be set-up in that manner then it will be cool. But I don't think Amber will let her control become lost. I could understand that.

superluser

Quote from: fesworks on February 02, 2007, 03:24:25 PMWell, as far as I know, some gaming comic might be in talks to have a cartoon made out of it.... But the only confirmed webcomic I know that has a Cartoon in the works is Badly Drawn Kitties... last I heard anyway, it's under development.

PvP has an animated series that just started *yesterday*.  I'm a paid subscriber.  It's a series of 12 monthly 6-minute shorts (well worth my money, in my opinion).

The problem with this sort of thing (well, one of the many major problems) is that it takes a terrific amount of effort.  PvP has been around since 1998, and they're going to have trouble making shorts, even with the full staff that they've got making the things.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I'd rather see Amber stick to the main story unless she's *really* sure that she can handle a fully-animated series.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

*Charles cough cough*  My small animation company has a certain interest in animating some version of Dan and Mabs if we become successful enough to handle production... ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aridas

I may be wrong, but doesn't ctrl-alt-del have some kind of series?

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 02, 2007, 10:00:23 PM
I may be wrong, but doesn't ctrl-alt-del have some kind of series?

Yes.
Which PVP and Penny Arcade ripped on and ripped.

Untill Kurtzy decided to try it.  And then it was loved by all.

*coughHypocritscough*

superluser

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 03, 2007, 03:00:42 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 02, 2007, 10:00:23 PMI may be wrong, but doesn't ctrl-alt-del have some kind of series?
Yes.
Which PVP and Penny Arcade ripped on and ripped.

Untill Kurtzy decided to try it.  And then it was loved by all.

*coughHypocritscough*

Perhaps, but as opposed to CAD, Kurtz actually has talent.  And class.  I won't get into the whole list of reasons why I hate Tim Buckley (hack(NSFW)), but feel free to ask about the WoW guild on the CAD forums...  :3

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Xuzaf D

Will you be multiplayer?

...and sure... call it "anime," it's not like there's a word like "cartoon." Okay, maybe there's CARTOON, but cartoon is just such an awful thing to call a cartoon.

Aridas

Well... if they really want to go and call it animation, why not let them?

Brunhidden

aurgh, ive heard of a comic that later became a TV show but iforgot which one it was and its driving me nuts!.

however, DMFA the movie would not be a good idea. condensing any long standing comic into a 2 hour format ruins most of the storytelling by trying to cram all of it into one frightening mess.

i dont think i even have to mention that penny arcade is now a videogame, the idea that a webcomic can do what traditional comics did before them is coming to light. who knows, maybe someday DMFA, Alien Dice, and Inhuman may all be fantastically animated network TV shows....although wether theyre on after school, primetime, or during late night 'adult swim' depends on what our favorite artits say happens.

QuoteNever say never, after all regan became president and arnold became govenor
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.