1/20/07- Abels story- Just fine

Started by Boog, January 19, 2007, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 20, 2007, 04:33:16 PMThe 'find other examples' bit or the 'update the wiki' bit?  Because that quote from Amber is gold.

The ``find other examples'' bit.  Alas, I don't think I can find any.  The demon in the corridors at the Zinvth school had wings.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 20, 2007, 04:33:16 PMHe has no possessions.  What could he forget?[...] She has the brooch in the mainline and Abel doesn't- Q.E.D.

Unless he drops the brooch, sees her feasting while searching for it and runs off before picking it up.

Besides, I think that it would be much less traumatic to see Kria walking around eating the corpses than what I'm about to suggest.  There's a certain bestial quality to that sort of thing.  It's not like Kria's going to inscribe an octogram and light candles and pray to Dagon or something.  It's going to be very primitive and prosaic.

You see an animal doing what it needs to do to survive.  We don't get grossed out when we see vultures picking at the flesh of corpses on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.  And while we do get grossed out watching Alive, we sympathize with those people.

On the other hand, if Abel goes home and Kria meets up with him, she's likely to start talking about eating a being's liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.  That would be much more traumatizing, I think.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 20, 2007, 04:33:16 PMOh yeah, about the green eyes thing - speaking as a programmer it probably wasn't designed for heterochromiacs, i.e. the author assumed both eyes were the same and only took the colour value from one of them :P

Maybe it takes the color of the creature's eyes.  And maybe Abel's creature parent had green eyes...

...Otherwise, that's the sort of error that I usually see right before ``Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)''.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sid on January 20, 2007, 02:29:42 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 20, 2007, 02:25:06 PM
Y'know, I wouldn't entirely be surprised if this ended up being booted into the Underground Mine, which is a big shame. I was rather enjoying all the friendly speculation.

This case is quite clean and isolated. My guess is that the posts about the tangent will just be branched out into the Mine,. leaving the main thread intact (though reduced in post number).

I'm in favour of a hands-off approach. If the conversation mentions something, so be it. If people get worked up about it, and then move on, that's fine.

It's only when people go on and on and on and on about something, round and round and round, and don't get anywhere, and don't STFU and let people get on with their chat, then we might be inclined to step in.

In this case, it was mentioned, it was responded to, both were, variously, -reasonably- polite, and the subject was left there. I see no reason to do anything with this. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Quote from: Alondro on January 20, 2007, 04:57:28 PM
Kria is an Angel!  Not and angel-race... but an Evangelion Angel!  And Abel is all whiny like Shinji!  Then Fa'lina will force him to pilot a Gryphon mech which has the cloned body of an Angel in and create Third Impact... which will give her Tri-wings!  Third Impact=Tri-wings!  Do you see!?  DO YOU SEE!!!   :erk

Whatever you're on, mail it to me. Just send a mess and I'll give you the destination and cash transfer.

I don't take Kria as the one to do anything that harmful or malicious at all, really. Not after having seen this arc. The wing question we should take to Amber, since I am curious as to whether if Cubi is the only race that has decent shapeshifting and masking abilities to start off with, and just how much expertise one would need in Furraean magic to be able to take on another shape, and to mask it reasonably well.

The dispute, I really don't care for. I figure I agree with Llearch. We're grown people. Let's act that.

And finally, I'm a bit annoyed at Llearch for his karma. What does a jerk have to do? Just awarding oneself like that... Are you testing the smiter, friend? Because it's no cheating, I hope...  :shifty

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, it's definitely cheating.

But then, it boils down to cheating anyway, since most of what I had was handed to me in lump sums by the mods anyway. *shrug*

... Are you feeling under-appreciated, Styggy?

Stygian

Theoretically, that would be overappreciated, if the karma system worked like it should. But that's too off topic a subject to continue on... Which is why I deserve some smiting for bringing such a useless thing up.  >:3

*edited for Karma horror*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I AM NOT GOOD!

Angel

....I'm confused. Nothing new, but still. Just when you thought all the winged characters had been presented...

Do all demons inherently have wings?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Valynth

I shall answer this with a quote:
Quote from: ye olde book of Demonology
The wings of a demon will usually be batlike or leathery, and it isnt uncommon for them to have horns and claws.

I shall assume yes 'till I'm smited by the powers that be.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Manawolf

Not all demons, just the lucky ones.  Others are not so gifted, usually due to their lowly status, but Kria would be of a relatively high rank among the demon race.

Janus Whitefurr

And of course, wings MUST be dependent on something such as status in the community, as opposed to say... oh... something like genetics.

DMFA ≠ D&D, or any other external sources.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 21, 2007, 05:13:37 AM
And of course, wings MUST be dependent on something such as status in the community, as opposed to say... oh... something like genetics.

DMFA ≠ D&D, or any other external sources.

Well, genetics can have a powerful influence on society.

Especially if genetics for wings is a sign of power in a society where the strong rule the weak.

Saying that wings create social status is, IMO, putting the cart before the horse.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Magic

http://www.missmab.com/Demo/demon.php

Generally, demons should have leather wings.

And may I request that we switch the immediate topic of discussion from genetics/society to something less dangerous?
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

Quote from: Ink on January 21, 2007, 05:58:56 AM

And may I request that we switch the immediate topic of discussion from genetics/society to something less dangerous?

Sure whats on your mind sir?

Sid

Something that hasn't been touched much (I think): Will we ever see Kria's wings in the main comic? And what would Jyrras' reaction be?

...what would Wildy's reaction be? After all, she has a minor obsession with wings ;)

Quote from: Zedd on January 21, 2007, 06:56:06 AM
And may I request that we switch the immediate topic of discussion from genetics/society to something less dangerous?[/i]

...do you really want to know? >:3 *shoves Zedd into the doctor's office* *locks the door*
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sid on January 21, 2007, 07:27:09 AM
...what would Wildy's reaction be? After all, she has a minor obsession with wings ;)

Weeheehee! That's something to look forward to! :-)

Moonfire

Quote from: superluser on January 20, 2007, 05:20:44 PM

The ``find other examples'' bit.  Alas, I don't think I can find any.  The demon in the corridors at the Zinvth school had wings.

The demon in the corridors also had an identical amulet hanging from her belt. Just adds to the confusion of course.

When I saw that originally, I thought it had something to do with being a teacher.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Moonfire on January 21, 2007, 10:10:28 AM
The demon in the corridors also had an identical amulet hanging from her belt. Just adds to the confusion of course.

Ooh, but the eyes are the wrong colour.  Perhaps Kria's charm is disguised as something that was fashionable at the time?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

Quote from: Moonfire on January 21, 2007, 10:10:28 AM

When I saw that originally, I thought it had something to do with being a teacher.

Maybe it's their version of detention: Two hours of trapping the bad student's soul inside it... >:3

EDIT:
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2007, 10:17:39 AM
Ooh, but the eyes are the wrong colour.  Perhaps Kria's charm is disguised as something that was fashionable at the time?

Quite likely and reasonable, but too straightforward and thus boring :P
:boogie

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Zedd on January 21, 2007, 06:56:06 AM

You're asking what's on Dr. Ink's mind?  He said to switch to something less dangerous.   :mowwink

With regards,
Ted

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2007, 10:17:39 AMOoh, but the eyes are the wrong colour.  Perhaps Kria's charm is disguised as something that was fashionable at the time?

So she had a skull on her belt, which was the style at the time?

Note that A22's skull has a third eye in the forehead, which is the right color.  Note also that we can't be sure if the other eyes are the right color or not.  They have a slight reddish hue, but that's most likely from the JPEG compression.

Maybe she's not a demon, and this one *gives* her wings?

(Yes, yes.  I see the Red Bull joke.  Very funny.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on January 21, 2007, 12:30:11 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2007, 10:17:39 AMOoh, but the eyes are the wrong colour.  Perhaps Kria's charm is disguised as something that was fashionable at the time?

So she had a skull on her belt, which was the style at the time?

Note that A22's skull has a third eye in the forehead, which is the right color.  Note also that we can't be sure if the other eyes are the right color or not.  They have a slight reddish hue, but that's most likely from the JPEG compression.

Maybe she's not a demon, and this one *gives* her wings?

(Yes, yes.  I see the Red Bull joke.  Very funny.)

:U you mean, red skull gives you wings?

Seriously, though, kria wasn't wearing that skull that had the third eye, it was another teacher, though she is wearing a similarly shaped, third-eye-less skull in A26... which is not, I note, the same design as the one she was recently wearing, and gave to Able... which means she either has two such magic skulls, or that Amber changed the design >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

Or designs may simply very, while the item has the same effect as a protective charm.  Also, note how the eyes changed color when it was passed to Abel.

ShiningShadow

BUt in any case Kria has wings when I saw that I said holy s***. But that amulet that releases her wings could be something of magic which is fashioned after her she's a Demon and very excellent in magic think about it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Here's a thought.

The amulet and the wings are totally unconnected. She just decided to extract her wings just now, and it's entirely coincidental that they happened to be at the same time that she removed the amulet.

The amulet is simply a "hey, this is a kid from school, don't touch or the entire teacher body will hunt you down and make you wish you hadn't" type notice... Or a "don't look at me" type thing, making him effectively invisible...

'course, that doesn't explain Abel's wings (head or otherwise) but still...

ShiningShadow

I think Kria amulet is that very thing to hide her wings and sexy ones to boot *Woot* Anyway this is a magical amulet to hide those things and mak ethe other beings not notice these things.

gothtk14

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 22, 2007, 12:34:56 PM
I think Kria amulet is that very thing to hide her wings and sexy ones to boot *Woot* Anyway this is a magical amulet to hide those things and mak ethe other beings not notice these things.

:erk

ShiningShadow

Quote from: gothtk14 on January 22, 2007, 12:38:30 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 22, 2007, 12:34:56 PM

:erk

What?