IMPORTANT NEWS AND INFORMATION!!!

Started by Damaris, January 11, 2007, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

That's probably because I made the images wrong. I'll look into it later once all the skins are ready for me to tinker with.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Tiger_T

Quote from me:
"Who says you can't do that still? :rolleyes :mowwink"

No more, Hmpf! Spoilsports.
It's not as if it was really that tiny with the sup-tag. :<
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Sid

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 20, 2007, 12:01:01 PM
Quote from: Tiger_T on January 19, 2007, 01:34:19 AM
Who says you can't do that still? :rolleyes :mowwink
No more, Hmpf! Spoilsports.
It's not as if it was really that tiny with the sup-tag. :<

It was when you used them multiple times. ;)
A dozen opening SUPs, the text, and a dozen closing SUPs = Teh Tiny
:boogie

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Sid

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 20, 2007, 01:33:16 PM
I didn't use them that way.  :<

It wasn't removed because of you. But there are bound to be people who'd love to do it. :< *gives you a cookie*

Tapewolf

Oh, now that sucks.  The ability to add footnotes was one of the more immediate improvements over The Nice, and now I'm going to have to go through the entire 42000 words of CJP and try to find them all.
So I hope you can forgive me if I'm not exactly overjoyed.

Hmm - is there any chance of adding a footnote smiley?  That would help...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

You could press the quote- or edit-button, copy your text from there, paste it in a text-editor and let it search the tags for you. This way you could find them easier. ;)

Hmm, how about this one? : :deal   
:P :giggle
Tigriel's got a guest:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 20, 2007, 02:09:00 PM
You could press the quote- or edit-button, copy your text from there, paste it in a text-editor and search for the tags to find them easier.

Yes, that would work, although now that I look more closely, the system seems to have done a relatively sensible job of not interpreting them.  When I first checked it, it seemed to have just swallowed them - which did not make me a happy bunny as you can tell from the post.
Nonetheless, I'll miss using them - in fact I'll probably try to use them anyway, from force of habit.  >:3

**EDIT**
For the record, I'm glad the reduce-the-font thing has been removed because that was annoying.  But the superscripts were useful.

llearch n'n'daCorna

We'll... uh... see if we can allow the superscript, and subscript, but limit the number.

There -may- be a way...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

Yeah, if the super and sub scripts aren't abused, there's no problem with them.  I just forsaw *someone* (not necessarily any person in particular) abusing them heartily once they figured it out.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

TheGreyRonin

*raises hand meekly* Um, Ma'am? Miss Damaris? When do we get our applause/smites back?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on January 20, 2007, 05:30:25 PM
Yeah, if the super and sub scripts aren't abused, there's no problem with them.  I just forsaw *someone* (not necessarily any person in particular) abusing them heartily once they figured it out.

Yes.  If you or Llearch can fix the superscript, I would be extremely grateful.  If you can't, well I'll have to use 'ยน' instead - but that might not work on all browsers or countries or something >:3

And yes, I'd be interested in how the applaud/smite thing is coming along.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on January 20, 2007, 05:33:12 PM
*raises hand meekly* Um, Ma'am? Miss Damaris? When do we get our applause/smites back?

When I finish updating the code. It's not going well - I keep getting interrupted by real life.

You -can- applaud by opening the page in the SMF Default theme, in the mean time. Which is a pain, but doable (open another tab on your profile, change, refresh the tab you want to applaud, applaud, then flick back to your profile and change back, and refresh again...)

TheGreyRonin

Hm. I'll just hold my niceness in check for now then...

Eibborn

Hm. This has been going on since before the update, but as long as we're submitting little glitches or whatever:
When I am at the main index, it tells me that I am not logged in, but when I enter a subforum I am. Is there a way to just keep me logged in on the main screen? Like I said, not a big issue, just a little irregularity.
/kicks the internet over

Sid

Quote from: Eibbor_N on January 20, 2007, 06:44:32 PM
Hm. This has been going on since before the update, but as long as we're submitting little glitches or whatever:
When I am at the main index, it tells me that I am not logged in, but when I enter a subforum I am. Is there a way to just keep me logged in on the main screen? Like I said, not a big issue, just a little irregularity.

Yes, actually. Just set http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php as your forum start page. Leaving out the "www" part seems to do the trick. Yes, that means that whenever you follow the link from the DMFA site, stuff goes weird (from what I saw at least - encountered this in the university comp. pool a while ago and fixed it by simply not following that link anymore)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, so www. is causing grief?

We'll get Amber to repair that particular link, then. Thanks, Sid.

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Tiny crested flint

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 20, 2007, 08:23:31 PM
Ah, so www. is causing grief?

www. has always caused grief 'cause it's the only acronym that takes longer to say in shortened form than saying the full phrase (world wide web).

llearch n'n'daCorna

wubwubwub is shorter than world wide web? :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 21, 2007, 05:22:36 PM

IIRC someone at The Register coined the word 'wonk' to replace 'www'.  Apparently everyone they tried it on was able to guess what it meant without asking, the only snag being it sounds too much like something else.

Sid

German comes in handy there. We (basically) just pronounce the acronym the way you'd pronounce "veh veh veh" ;)

(Disclaimer: I suck at phonetics and stuff, so this might not be the most accurate description. :animesweat)

bill

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 21, 2007, 05:22:36 PM
I prefer "Information Superhighway" myself.

Tiger_T

How about 'fae fae fae', Sid?
Tigriel's got a guest:

Sid

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 21, 2007, 06:47:06 PM
How about 'fae fae fae', Sid?

...as phonetics for "www"? O_o;;; If anything, I'd go with Vae...

(And good God, now I had to imagine Mab and her parents being the power core of the Internet...)

Tiger_T

Ok, you're right.

Nice mental image by the way. >:3 :rolleyes :giggle
Tigriel's got a guest:

superluser

Someone once suggested trouble-u (triple double-u).  I keep meaning to use it, but I forget.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

on my side my applaude and smite is giving me an error. The Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. Can you help me out please pretty please  :)

Sid

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 23, 2007, 12:20:23 PM
on my side my applaude and smite is giving me an error. The Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. Can you help me out please pretty please  :)

This has already been mentioned (on the first page, even). So no worries, it's on The List. :)

EDIT:
There is also a workaround to this:
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 20, 2007, 06:13:43 PM
You -can- applaud by opening the page in the SMF Default theme, in the mean time. Which is a pain, but doable (open another tab on your profile, change, refresh the tab you want to applaud, applaud, then flick back to your profile and change back, and refresh again...)

Tiger_T

Can I quote you on this when someone asks again on the next page or so? :P >:3
Tigriel's got a guest: