RP Forum Specific Rules (UPDATED 11/9/07)

Started by Damaris, January 06, 2007, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 10, 2013, 03:29:07 PM
I looked at a couple RPs, and all of them start immediately without any background/plot at all, and nothing like any rules.

Are you sure you were looking at the OOC threads as well, and not just the game thread?  That's basically the 'control channel' for each RP, rules, list of players, discussion and other information goes there.  (OOC = Out Of Character)

Typically you start with a 'Call for Interest' thread, and if you get enough interest to give it a go, you rename that to the OOC thread.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 10, 2013, 03:29:07 PM
I looked at a couple RPs, and all of them start immediately without any background/plot at all, and nothing like any rules.

Did you look at the thread with the same name, but with OOC in the title? That's where the call for interest, details, out of character chat, rules, setup, etc all go.

It's why there are two threads per game, minimum. Assuming it gets as far as creating the RP thread, that is - many don't.

Edit:
Heh. See? Two mods saying pretty much the same thing suggests you might want to look around a bit more before posting. Just a thought.

Edit edit:
Also, 3 years, not 6. 2010, not 2007. Due to there being, like, two pages of content, not just one. Three, now.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zebra Bug

Oh, thank you so much for all your help. I'll look around some more.  :mowtongue

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria