dirrh I'm dan 1/5/06

Started by GabrielsThoughts, January 04, 2007, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Oh Abel, how your sarcastic mockery makes me smile. Abel is quickly adding reasons as to why he's one of my favorite characters to my list with every strip. XD

I definitely should've seen that sort of fear coming from Dan, though.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Dard

All I can think of today's strip is:
Dan should better realize that there is a lot of truth to what Abel says.
Sarcasm or not, I have no idea how Dan could stay in denial about this one.

Of course I realize that the capability of mortals of staying in denial is almost endless, but at some point I would start to lose respect for that individual.

MT Hazard

What should be remember (And possibly has been mentioned) is that if you had spent 20+ years thinking of yourself as one thing and finding out your another won't definite cause you to blame all your problems on your new found identity. While it may cross Dan's mind that part of his current problems are cubi related the first thing he'd think is 'why does my best friend have such little faith in me?'

Perhaps I'm reading the whole thing wrong and he isn't being forced to grow up quickly after delaying it as much as possible (I don't think most kids should be in a hurry to grow up, but he's an adult now)

Reality is some times painful to face up to, why do you think the entertainment industry and recreation drugs exist?

And this is the second time someone has posted just before me with a apparently simular point of view.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Manawolf

Is that Donation Bar gonna turn into some sort of Fruit of the Loom thing or something?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dard on January 05, 2007, 04:32:14 PM
Of course I realize that the capability of mortals of staying in denial is almost endless, but at some point I would start to lose respect for that individual.

... aren't the only folks with respect left for Dan the barmaids he's a friend of?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

Quote from: Manawolf on January 05, 2007, 06:41:06 PM
Is that Donation Bar gonna turn into some sort of Fruit of the Loom thing or something?

Perhaps Dan will come in as Peanut Butter.
It's peanut butter jelly time, ya know. o: Mmm grape jelly.

MaskedRetriever

It's a slot machine!

Yeah, Abel is the Dr. Cox of this comic and that just makes him even tastier.  I mean, a hot, winged bishy-kitty version of Dr. Cox?  It's like someone read my darkest fantasies and made them real!

But anydangways, Dan's moping is understandable, and Abel's behavior is... FAIR.  He's like that.  Fair, but in a way that disguises him as a bastard.

My personal theory on Dan vs Abel vs Fa'lina is that Fa'lina chose to pair up Abel and Dan because they both have much the same problem: they haven't made peace with themselves.  I think it's perhaps telling that Abel still gets thrown curve-balls every now and then, largely because he's not used to being outside SAIA.  Fa'lina means to help both Dan AND Abel get a grip on themselves: Getting Dan to where Abel is now and getting Abel to where most Cubi got a couple hundred years ago  :mwaha

ShiningShadow

Endless and ever changing. The possibilities are endless if Dan and Abel to work together as a single unit it will be sometime I hope soon. If the war against the dragons doesn't start it will be terrible and ugly on both sides. But I see they are working together in different aspects but with different attitudes on both fronts.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 05, 2007, 10:27:50 PM
Endless and ever changing. The possibilities are endless if Dan and Abel to work together as a single unit it will be sometime I hope soon. If the war against the dragons doesn't start it will be terrible and ugly on both sides. But I see they are working together in different aspects but with different attitudes on both fronts.

Given the way Destina and Biggs were talking I imagine it'll be a really ~short~ war, like a thermonuclear exchange.   >:3

Ted Schiller

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_583.php

Considering how Aary was at fifty, Dan is quite mature for a Cubi.  Which probably gives Abel an advantage when he deals with Dan.

With regards,
Ted

Zedd

Quote from: Ted Schiller on January 06, 2007, 03:16:57 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_583.php

Considering how Aary was at fifty, Dan is quite mature for a Cubi.  Which probably gives Abel an advantage when he deals with Dan.

With regards,
Ted

Nice idea chap...But what about the cubi between her age and Abels? *devilish smirk*

Manawolf

Long lived races like to take things slow.  Mortals normally live for a hundred years if lucky, so having that mindset gives Dan an upper hand in learning compared to his new colleagues.

Azlan

The long lived races tend to take a slower approach to things, at least as far as fantasy and science fiction, the luxury of living a long time I imagine.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Manawolf

Exactly, they know they have all the time in the world to grow up, reach maturity, and learn the things they'll need to survive in the world.  Most beings don't get that kind of luxury, and thus their education plan is set to a 10-20 year period.

Kibin

Personally, I'd like to learn things as fast as I can anyway. If I for some reason was nearly immortal, I would still learn things at the same speed.

Although... I might spend a lot of time on utterly useless things. Grass growing might be fun, hmmm...

superluser

Quote from: Kibin on January 06, 2007, 09:23:03 PMPersonally, I'd like to learn things as fast as I can anyway. If I for some reason was nearly immortal, I would still learn things at the same speed.

Well, you'll learn at the same speed, but is that enough?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 06, 2007, 10:58:23 PM
Quote from: Kibin on January 06, 2007, 09:23:03 PMPersonally, I'd like to learn things as fast as I can anyway. If I for some reason was nearly immortal, I would still learn things at the same speed.
Well, you'll learn at the same speed, but is that enough?
[Speedlearn spoof]

Let me guess which episode of The Prisoner you've got to. :P
(And remember children - never make a typo when performing a database query or the server will explode and kill you.)

But yeah, there's a lot of things I'd like to learn which a 'cubi lifespan would make a doddle, but a normal human lifespan makes inconvenient.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ted Schiller

I'm waiting for Fi to return to Abel.  :boggle  :)

With regards,
Ted

ShiningShadow

I will say Dan will surpass everybody including Falina. He could be that olive branch for peace or warmonger. We shall see in later episodes.

Kibin

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 09, 2007, 07:34:25 AM
I will say Dan will surpass everybody including Falina. He could be that olive branch for peace or warmonger. We shall see in later episodes.

You mean like... in several thousand years our time, at how slow comic time is progressing right now?

ShiningShadow

I don't know at this pace we should be seeing Dan's grandchildren at this point. Knowing amber she is building the story line up very carefully with each artwork direction. Who knows what is in Amber's mind when she puts the next episode in the computer and put it on the web.