Travels with a kitsune (ooc, plot summary, bios, registration)

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, December 31, 2006, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catffeinated

:giggle OK...
Here's the info so far, I know I'm forgetting inventory; it has tendency to change more than my desktop background...
[Umal]
Race: (Cybernetic) Feline
Sex: Male
Age: Varies, organic age: 34, technological age (average) [that is, age of his cybernetic parts]: 10
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 110
Fur color: Fire red
Eye color: Brown in right, none in left
Marital Status: Never can really talk to people well enough to make lasting impressions, nonetheless love.
Personality: Quiet, persistent, and sometimes downright annoying.
Likes: Technology, math, pondering the mysteries of the universe
Dislikes: Anything that he cannot understand. (E.g. Magic and the mysteries of the universe)
Favorite quote: [getting ready to test a new gun] "Let's see, got the ammo, the range id, the safety equipment... what am I missing?" [Thinks] "Oh! Money and water!" [Gets his wallet and a bottle of water] "I hope this new design works!" [Leaves for the shooting range, only to find he left the gun in the lab]

General Traits
Cybernetic left eye, however no other obvious cybernetic traits (other than enhanced endurance]
When angry, Umal's cybernetic eye moves rapidly, zooming in and out at random.

Interesting facts
Umal's cybernetic eye is completely sentient.
Umal occasionally merges magic and technology, into devices that can do remarkable things, unexplainable by either class.
Umal is a self-experiment; since he could not get a volunteer for his cybernetic research (probably for good reasons), he started the project on himself.

So, is this enough, too much, or should I revise him some?

Kitsune Ascendant

It's perfect. When do you want to join?

Also, E? If you think one of the other members would make a better assistant lead, I'm open to suggestions. I'll be trying to check in at least once a week anyways, I just want someone to keep it going in the event I get swamped.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Catffeinated

yay   :boogie :) :boogie
Any time's fine with me, you think now would be good? But then, it is the wind-down of a chapter, so next capter sounds good too... I hate having "Indecisive Syndrome".

Hmmm.. now, or later, now, or later, now, or...
:explosion
...Ow

Kitsune Ascendant

Haha! You'll fit in with our merry band. Anyways, I think... Hmm... Yeah, it would be easiest to fit you in shortly after we portal to our next location. I still need a few minutes to put together the first portion of the plot, but after that I'll update this post with details on how to work your character in.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Catffeinated

Kitsune Ascendant

Alright, My next post is going to start the next storyline and introduce your character. from that point, all you should need to do is actually introduce yourself.

DigitalMan

Hot damn, DM and Umal should get along remarkably well... or get into some stupid argument. This should be interesting.

Kitsune Ascendant

Good to have you back, tophar. How would you feel about becoming an assistant lead for my rp? You'd be responsible for moving the plot along should I have to disappear for a few weeks.

Update: Alright guys, I'm far enough in planning the plot that I'm going to start moving things along. Hopefully things will keep moving smoothly.

Kitsune Ascendant

Hey everyone. Since it's come up and will likely again, I'm going to post a bit of extra information on how dimensions and dimensional travel work in my rp.

Now, when most of you think of dimensions, you probably picture a bunch of "bubbles" which are the universes, and dimensional travel is crossing the gaps between these universes. This is the beginning of how dimensions work in mine.
However, there is an added complexity. Instead of one set of near-infinite dimensions, there are actually a near infinite number of such sets, which are the layers.  Adjoining layers are similar, but the farther you get away, the more differences (missing dimensions, added dimensions, drastic changes in the total number of dimensions, stuff like that), you will see. The layers are isolated, though, limiting travel for most to the current layer they are in.

This is where the seven nexus gates, which are going to be the subject of the next few chapters, come in. They are specific dimensions that allow those with the key to travel up and down layers. Six of the gates have a specific range of layers they can reach, with some overlap. The seventh one is special. it spans the entire thing. But instead of requiring only one key, it requires all seven.

One final thing: clones. A specific layer will have some dimensions that appear to be copies. However, the chances of meeting yourself or anyone that is particularly like you are very slim. A nearby layer on the same dimension will probably have a near-clone of you, but they won't be completely exact. Hope that clears some things up.

Catffeinated

Umm, guys, I'm going to introduce a new character, well, not really... kind of like DM's camera bots, she has a personality all her own, but she was created. She's an AI named Omega (there's also her downgraded versions: Alpha, Beta, Theta, and Epsilon, each with a diffrent personality, however they're quirky and currently offline).
Basically, she keeps Umal from forgeting everything, or saves Umal from loads of trouble (He's been on hitlists of gangs before). The pair of them also double as comic relief...

Umal: "Why did I ever make an AI with a sense of humor!??"
Omega: "Because your a lonely man, desperate for companion..."
Umal: [Mutes Omega]

*Update*
Also, I'm going to be gone next week and maybe the week after. I might be active next Saturday, but no way to be sure,  have camp next week, and after that, me and my family goes on vacation, I;ll bring my PSP to keep updated and (hopefully) post some.
Sorry.

*Update (Take II)*
Er, one more thing and I'll shut up for today. Where is everyone?? Only people who have been on the last two days is Kitsune Ascendant, DM, and myself. Did an alien invasion occur and I didn't hear about it?

e_voyager

could be suer things are common around places that i visit. also should i post a few images to explain the slide show i've put on?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

topher chee

Sorry everyone.  I got stuck for over a week at a place without internet access so i was left outta touch.  Kit i'd be glad to be assistant lead.  However its gonna take me a while to read everything.  Can someone give me everything that has happened in Ch. 3 in a nutshell? 

Kitsune Ascendant

Already posted the chapter summary. Just look at the bottom of my first post in this topic.

topher chee

Catffeinated

I was thinking of dragging you guys into my charicter's backstory (this charicter is actualy based on a story charicter of mine, I might make this into his backstory as well), however I'm asking you  all two questions: 1.) May I drag you into this? and 2.) If so, may I have permision to publish some (if not all) in-game sections until we're done or my charicter leave/dies?

Kitsune Ascendant

1: sure. Why don't you pm me a copy, and I'll work it in.
2: Depends. What exactly do you mean by publish?

Catffeinated

Well, I was making a book before this and saw this as a great opportunity to get 1.) more realistic characters and 2.) a better sense of humor... and 3.) a wider variety of plotline ideas.

e_voyager

i can understand and sympathize with you. i do write also a similar basis a lot.  still no worries Pm or email me if you ever find that you'll be publish this and we'll talk through i don't think that there will be any problems
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

I have no problems myself as long as you credit all participants. Though you should probably ask the people who's characters you use as well.

Catffeinated

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on June 24, 2007, 07:23:08 PM
I have no problems myself as long as you credit all participants. Though you should probably ask the people who's characters you use as well.
Well, of course I would! Last time I checked, I'm not that type of person... or am I?  :mwaha
Wait, no, I'm not... :)

e_voyager

[E]
[Name: tekkaman Epsilon  also called E
Species: humanoid  / cyber human aka tekkaman
Race : human enhanced by alien
Sex: Male.
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs- 530 lbs
chassis Color: Black with sliver trim
hair color: Green
Eye Color: brown
Martial status: unknown
Personality: loner gets lost in the the middle of battle as battle lust kicks in
Likes: travel, exploring, listening to the blues and flying through space
Dislikes: feeling powerless, being a pawn,  waking up after a lapse of self control to a neo Armageddon. .
Favorite Quote: No i won't work for the earth defensed. were were they when those bastards made me into this monster?
General traits:
•  Energy manipulation
•  bladed weapons
•  Flight
• super science
•   Tekksetting
Inventory:
• Crystal dagger
• volttekker ( main energy weapon)
•   Tecksetter focus ( turns flesh and blood entities into robots and vice verse. An upgraded version)
•   space flight capability
• mid level regenration

Rarely seen Epsilon despises his own existence almost as much as he despise those that made him this way. he fights the earth invaders also known as alien tekkaman in a one man army style his combat capabilities is said the rival those of the ageing tekkaman blade and of the  Prague survivor Dead End. it is believed that epsilon  a name he rarely uses would rather die in batter  destroying the alien armadas then be helped or join the earth defensed. he has be known to turn on any who interfere in his batted say for one exception. a young female tekkaman whom many believe to be his  little sister or some one dear to him.  he was believed killed several times only to reappear during battles  against the alien tekkamen. he is currently believed dead as he has not been seen on earth on in the solar system for 2 years now. the name Esplion is currently up to reassignment.

Catffeinated

woot! coming home tmrw afternoon! sry abt not talking, couldn't find a WIFI signal till now...

e_voyager

see you soon the preps and not quite ready though so you've missed little In the rp.

Catffeinated

Just a little info on my post here.

Umal's (and thusly, Spring's) energy sheilds have absorbsive properties and use a conduit loop, which basicly causes the absorbed energy to "beef up" the sheilds. Although, the sheilds do have their limits, too much energy and the generator explodes, not particularly cool if it happens to Umal. These conduits can, like any other, be rerouted to another part of the system, usualy the repair array.

e_voyager

very good to know that it's not and instant kill but be waned Epsilons voltekka is not a reactor voltekka but still packs quite a punch as seen here   in the last few seconds. the the regular voltekka aer like unidirectional atomic blast measure in hundred if not thousands of megaton  the reactor  voltekka is like starting off and atomic pile by comparison. it's power grows exponentially with each target hit ore split by it  and can no it must be be controlled by the mind / force of will. other wise it would rune wild conger everything it struck into and unstable voltekka blast awaiting release.  if  spring can handle the energy fine if not he'd better dodge out of the stream before it blows him away. remember this is used against space armadas and groups of enemies not normally against a single foe.

having read your post and the post following i have to say that you acted quite well. there would definitely  have been enough high energy plasma for that and i am grateful for Umal's and Nim's  counter action which  seems to have worked well but would a freeze grenade even slow and impending atomic blast?

Catffeinated

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Catffeinated on July 02, 2007, 09:42:20 PM
Ok, here's another question:
My character has two other "people" floating around in his head, often they surface to assist him (check my posts on Travels with a Kitsune). Could they have they same names, because one of their names was actually symbolic...

I noticed your question in the rules thread, so I thought I'd go ahead and answer it here. If I understand correctly, you're asking if two characters played by you can have the same name. While I don't have have any real problem with it, there might be confusion issues unless you have some other way of differentiating them, such as different personalities.

Catffeinated

Well, I was thinking of playing a charicter almost exactly llike Umal in "The Brotherhood of the Machine", but I didn't want to change Mars' name.

Kitsune Ascendant