12-22-2006 Pink Poodle Returns

Started by Manawolf, December 21, 2006, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 22, 2006, 07:00:34 PMI never really penetrated 1984. Once they got to the book, I kinda dozed off.  :<

Yeah, the book was one of those things that I mentioned before as difficult to empathize with.  There were a few other things that were just difficult to wrap my head around, like anything about the Proles or anything that O'Brien said.

P.S.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kaerou

Ooh, thats a good theory.. that Fa'lina maybe trying to prevent any conflict and genocide?

The way she treats Pyro there may be normal.. she treats Dan and Abel like that too..

She is semi-omnipotent and wise.. and i VERY much doupt she's going to kill one of Mabs/Dans friends.

Pwease be on our side to prevent conflict Falina!

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

superluser

Quote from: Kaerou on December 22, 2006, 08:07:01 PMOoh, thats a good theory.. that Fa'lina maybe trying to prevent any conflict and genocide?

Well, I think it's too early to speculate that she'd try to prevent conflict, but I'd bet that she's not going to take any action to encourage it.

Zedd

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 08:34:25 PM
Quote from: Kaerou on December 22, 2006, 08:07:01 PMOoh, thats a good theory.. that Fa'lina maybe trying to prevent any conflict and genocide?

Well, I think it's too early to speculate that she'd try to prevent conflict, but I'd bet that she's not going to take any action to encourage it.

Hey if you really wanna speculate say something like...Maybe shes inviting Pyro for lunch and wants him to join into picnic or something

Manawolf

This is why I prefer converting my enemies as opposed to continuous squabbles every time we meet.  It's difficult, but far more rewarding.  Then again evil doesn't do that, they corrupt, blackmail and dominate, causing the whole relationship to become hollow.

Make peace, not war...you racists.

superluser

Quote from: Zedd on December 22, 2006, 08:38:47 PMHey if you really wanna speculate say something like...Maybe shes inviting Pyro for lunch and wants him to join into picnic or something

Picnic time for Fa'Lina.  The aged succubus is having a lovely time today.
Watch her catch him unawares. and see them picnic before genocide.
See them gaily gad about; they love to throw about the magic that they have learned.

At six o'clock, when mommies and daddies are sleeping sound in bed,
the dragons will be taken out.

TWINK

superluser

Quote from: TWINK on December 22, 2006, 10:17:52 PMPeople seem to have forgotten this page....

Not me!  I didn't!  What was I supposed to have forgotten from that page?

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. that Abel can get Merlitz' stripes to spell out words?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaoSynergy

Something which I was pondering upon.

So it's known that there's some sort of beef between the Cubi and Draconic races - yet no real explanation why.  We also know that there was a rather violent war between all the Cubi clans - yet no real explanation why.

Consider this.

Dragons at one point in time were the dominant species on the planet - in terms of intelligence, culture and all things magical.  Then comes along a race which spontaneously grows wings out of its head and back, and enjoys preying upon mortals, be it for their flesh, fear or other etcetera.  No big deal.

Then they start experimenting with magic...they start developing a culture, start gathering knowledge, becoming more and more intelligent - at a very accelerated rate.

The Dragons, of course, are worried.  Numerous reasons, but mainly because of their own egotism that they should be the highest on the scale of advanced species - not some upstart society which enjoys such base pleasures such as emotions.  So, they start to subtlety sew a few seeds.  Seeds of dissent, among the ranks of these new species, these Incubi and Succubi.  The Dragons are successful - distrust and paranoia begins to settle in amongst the various clans, and soon before you know it, it's full-fledged war.  A war which sets the progress of Cubi on the evolutionary scale of things to a grinding halt.

Eventually, some way or another, it becomes revealed that the Dragons are responsible for the chaos that the Cubi race had gone through.  And naturally, they're pissed.  They're beyond pissed.  They're seething with blind rage.  But they're not stupid - no, they know better than to confront the Dragons head-on.  So they wait, and they plot.  And plan.  And wait.

Which brings us to now.  An endeavor centuries in the making.  It's simple, and it's petty.  It's revenge.

Amazing what washing dishes will make you muse upon. 

superluser

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on December 23, 2006, 12:25:02 AMSo it's known that there's some sort of beef between the Cubi and Draconic races

No, we know that there's some sort of beef between Destania and dragons, and that this feud extends to her nuclear family.  It's fair to say that this extends to the entire Cyra clan, but we don't know that.

It's also clear that this feud does not extend to either Abel's or Aary's clans, since Abel expresses no concern for Aary being around dragons, and Fi expresses no concern for Abel being around dragons.

It's unclear where Fa'Lina is on this, but since she didn't try to kill Pyro on the first shot, thus ensuring that she no longer has the element of surprise against a powerful enemy, it's unlikely that she's part of this, either.

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on December 23, 2006, 12:25:02 AMDragons at one point in time were the dominant species on the planet - in terms of intelligence, culture and all things magical.  Then comes along a race which spontaneously grows wings out of its head and back, and enjoys preying upon mortals, be it for their flesh, fear or other etcetera.

Well, there were the Angel and Demon races, which don't live quite as long as `Cubi, but still live for a really long time.  And the Fae race, which live about as long as dragons.

Aridas

I dunno about dragons seeding distrust, but I know that the thing did mention that the cubi were "savage" which i supposed explained warring cubi clans.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 23, 2006, 01:30:08 AMI dunno about dragons seeding distrust, but I know that the thing did mention that the cubi were "savage" which i supposed explained warring cubi clans.

So Abel's a thing, now?

Remember--Abel wants people to fear `cubi.  Calling them `savage' would fit his idiom, but that doesn't necessarily make it so.

Narethlian

I had a slight possible insight, and although it's probably been discussed elsewhere, I'll plop it out here.

Merl's old party was hired by the Dragons or someone working for the Dragons to find Cubi.  Merl's old party found Cubi. 

The Dragons have been/are looking for Destania.  If my Plot Detector has been fixed (it's probably still malfunctioning), I forsee that Dragons will be in Lost Lake very shortly.  Anyone's guess (except Amber, who already knows) what will happen next.

Comments, rebuttals?

-Nar

superluser

Quote from: Narethlian on December 23, 2006, 11:54:15 AMMerl's old party was hired by the Dragons or someone working for the Dragons to find Cubi.  Merl's old party found Cubi.

Ooh, that's good.  Very good.  But I think I can improve it.

Merlitz was hired by a Cyra (or perhaps Pyro) to investigate the dragons that hired his old party.  Merlitz and the adventurers are now on a collision course.

Alan Garou

No matter whose side Fa'Lina's on, and regardless of whatever Danlexsi's doing back at Lost Lake, they are all utterly, absolutely, and irrevocably doomed.

Gareeku

Turnsky

Quote from: Gareeku on December 25, 2006, 07:55:56 AM
Bwee! Fa'lina's back on the scene :3

mirth and fluffy pink mayhem, here we come!  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Gareeku

Zedd

Quote from: Gareeku on December 25, 2006, 08:00:04 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on December 25, 2006, 07:57:59 AM

Mwehehehe, oh yes! >:3

Hide me! I know she can smell me lightyears away!

Turnsky

Quote from: Zedd on December 25, 2006, 08:03:11 AM

i suggest changing aftershave.  :U

Zedd

Quote from: Turnsky on December 25, 2006, 08:06:42 AM
Quote from: Zedd on December 25, 2006, 08:03:11 AM

i suggest changing aftershave.  :U

Well its the only Dr. Who brand after shave....Smells great on other peoples

Chaos

Here's the masterplan... Fa'lina is trying to arrange for a giant party in which she will spice the punch with Spanish Fly... and a memory erasing drug. the only reason she will do this is to unveil her greatest creation, made from the combination of all those brought to the party. A Half-Celestial-Draconic-Etherial-Fiendish-Were-Zig-Zag-Succubi!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll stop now...

Turnsky

ooookaaaay, no more caffeine for you..

Chaos

KarlOmega1

the attractive Poodle cubi manages to make a comeback...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

ShiningShadow

Well she is back. I will watch my back and i will look at her straight in her eyes. For any reason she doing something insidious then Dan and the rest of the gang will stop Falina once and for all.