12-23-2006 They're attached!

Started by Faerie Alex, December 22, 2006, 09:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Quote from: Caswin on December 29, 2006, 11:00:34 AM
*Looks again a week later*

As long as we're speculating about it not being fatal... did anyone bring up the possibility that it didn't even hit his chest, but his right shoulder?  I'm probably reading too far into the art, but that might explain the blood being obscured by his silhouette.

That's exactly what my boyfriend thought, but personally, I thought it had perforated his neck, making that strike an instant kill (I think). But honestly, if he were to have any last words, for some reason, Final Destination comes to mind, when one of the victims ended up giving the one-finger salute within the final few seconds of his life.

But yikes, poor, poor Abel. <=/ I was really starting to like Devin, too. All of that character development in shaping him into a 3-D character with an actual backstory and making us care about him, and he kicks the bucket. Glory isn't going to be very happy, to say the least, and lord knows how she's going to react when she sees Abel near Devin's (possibly) dead body, sporting a newly-sprouted pair of headwings.

But am I the only one who notices how similar those rapier-like appendages are to Abel's own wing tentacles in terms of coloration? If Amber once said that a trained Cubi could pierce stone with those, a wagon could be a cakewalk to a Cubi like that. Hopefully we won't have to wait long until the assailant is revealed.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Izkata

Quote from: Caswin on December 29, 2006, 11:00:34 AM
*Looks again a week later*

As long as we're speculating about it not being fatal... did anyone bring up the possibility that it didn't even hit his chest, but his right shoulder?  I'm probably reading too far into the art, but that might explain the blood being obscured by his silhouette.

Yep, I posted that somewhere...  It makes more sense, as his right arm appears to be knocked backwards from the impact.

ShiningShadow

So it seems it was a hit on the near shoulder on the neck bone. We will see where it land by monday or tuesday who knows what will Amber has in mind for us.