Abel's parentage - My theory

Started by Angel, December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

.... OK. The upcoming theories are half of the reason why I joined these forums. If I don't get them off my chest now, I think I will scream. So here.

Abel's parentage. If May was a succubus, then her reaction to this would have been a bit more dramatic. I don't think she would've simply slammed the principal's head into her desk. And for those of you who say she held herself back, did you see her expression?! She was ready to kill that badger!

And as to Cid being an incubus, page 12 yet again makes it questionable. The principal
s words suggested that Cid may not have been home at the time May conceived Abel, or that he was away for periods of time long enough to make the paternity questionable. Not only that, but on Page 27, why didn't Cid notice Abel's "tattoo"? And assuming he did, why didn't he recognize it? His adventuring background makes this even more suspicious. Either a) he's covering up extremely well or b) adventurers don't learn about clan-markings among Cubi. After all, Xander didn't recognize it. And neither did Dan when he first saw it.

If May claims that she has always been faithful to Cid, and she's not the succubus, then that leaves my theory: An incubus took the form of Cid. Maybe it was an incubus Cid had tried to kill, or maybe his identity is pertinent to the current DMFA plotline. But anyway. He claimed to be Cid, coming home from a recent quest. May believed him. (This segment censored.) He left. Cid returned. May never figured it out.

But looking at that, it does seem pretty unlikely. What would've happened when the REAL Cid returned and May thought he had already come home? Or did the incubus use magic to erase May's memory in order to avoid suspicion? So.... speculation is wanted. If you can find more evidence for this idea, please tell me.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

GabrielsThoughts

true, Cid bares an uncanny resemblence to Mavrick the tailor.

Just kidding. Cid seems to be the most likely candidate for Cubi of the characters, however that doesn't mean he is the culprit Abel could just as easily be a dragon half with Cubi recessive genes.

(for those who don't know about the manga "Dragon-Half" think of inuyasha as a girl ranma, then place her in the skimpy amazon outfit mab was wearing in one of the Story arc's.)
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Hmmmmmm well....IfAMber sees this you might get the whooping stick from fluffy...It will teach you a leasson or two :3 But seriously dont let your theroys get to your head now...Your head will fall off

Azlan

Abel is related to a vacuum cleaner and cotton candy.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

superluser

Quote from: Black_angel on December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PMAnd for those of you who say she held herself back, did you see her expression?! She was ready to kill that badger!

Well, I think that succubus or not, May could have killed that principal.  Regardless of a badger's innate defensive abilities.

Also, I do believe that Amber has stated that the offspring of `cubi/beings looks like the being.

Quote from: Black_angel on December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PMNot only that, but on Page 27, why didn't Cid notice Abel's "tattoo"? And assuming he did, why didn't he recognize it? His adventuring background makes this even more suspicious. Either a) he's covering up extremely well or b) adventurers don't learn about clan-markings among Cubi. After all, Xander didn't recognize it. And neither did Dan when he first saw it.

Or Xander knew what it was, and was telegraphing this information to Devin.  Or Cid knew what it was and didn't say anything because he didn't want to freak out May.

Quote from: Black_angel on December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PMIf May claims that she has always been faithful to Cid, and she's not the succubus, then that leaves my theory: An incubus took the form of Cid.

This has been suggested before, and I think it makes the most sense, but probably not for the reasons that most people cite (`cuz I'm better than most people, nyeah!)

May claims that she's been faithful to Cid.  Just like Lady Chatterley.  Doesn't mean she's telling the truth.

I suspect that the situation is this:

Cid was away, and May was lonely.  Knock on the door--it's Cid!  They get together and know each other.  Then, Cid leaves, and shortly thereafter comes back.  He apologizes for his extended absence, and May figures it out--that wasn't Cid; it was someone else.

She reacts so strongly to the principal's suggestion not because it's something that she would never do; she reacts so strongly because she did it, and it's something that she would never do.  She can't simply accept the guilt and move on because it's not her fault.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Angel

Quote from: superluser on December 11, 2006, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PMAnd for those of you who say she held herself back, did you see her expression?! She was ready to kill that badger!

Well, I think that succubus or not, May could have killed that principal.  Regardless of a badger's innate defensive abilities.

Also, I do believe that Amber has stated that the offspring of `cubi/beings looks like the being.

She did? I must've joined after she brought that up. Well, that rules out May completely. It also explains why even though brown hair and brown eyes are dominant, Abel looks like May.

Quote from: superluser on December 11, 2006, 08:15:00 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PMIf May claims that she has always been faithful to Cid, and she's not the succubus, then that leaves my theory: An incubus took the form of Cid.

This has been suggested before, and I think it makes the most sense, but probably not for the reasons that most people cite (`cuz I'm better than most people, nyeah!)

:mowtongue But of course. Other people would simply ignore the lowly n00b and her crazy theories about a topic long since past!

Quote from: superluser on December 11, 2006, 08:15:00 PMMay claims that she's been faithful to Cid.  Just like Lady Chatterley.  Doesn't mean she's telling the truth.

I suspect that the situation is this:

Cid was away, and May was lonely.  Knock on the door--it's Cid!  They get together and know each other.  Then, Cid leaves, and shortly thereafter comes back.  He apologizes for his extended absence, and May figures it out--that wasn't Cid; it was someone else.

She reacts so strongly to the principal's suggestion not because it's something that she would never do; she reacts so strongly because she did it, and it's something that she would never do.  She can't simply accept the guilt and move on because it's not her fault.

Like I said, my theory wasn't perfect to begin with. Your situation helps it make more sense.

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Angel

Quote from: Azlan on December 11, 2006, 07:13:38 PM

On Cid's side of the family, no doubt  :square
BANDWAGON JUMP!

e_voyager

i'm a late comer myself and can neither confirm nor deny that statement but i believe that  appearance is determined by genetic and creature/ being status is determined more by magical inherentes.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 11, 2006, 10:01:51 PMi'm a late comer myself and can neither confirm nor deny that statement but i believe that  appearance is determined by genetic and creature/ being status is determined more by magical inherentes.

It's impossible to know if Tapewolf is lying, but this is where I got that idea:

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 24, 2006, 06:26:54 AMAmber appeared to say that Being-'cubi offspring usually take on the appearance of the Being

Oh, and I almost forgot!  I'm hoping that Cid saves Abel and Devin.  In an airship.

Landon_Fox

Yes, I can see this.

Abel's physical form is pure eye-candying and I'm certain he can suck a furson to rapt...

*Landon has been smashed by Pai Gon's happy hammer of family friendliness.  Pai Gon has earned one point*

e_voyager

:mowdizzy huh? where did the air ship come from and do they ever have one in that time period? remember air travel has not yet read the 200 year mark here.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eibborn

Quote from: e_voyager on December 11, 2006, 11:35:02 PM
:mowdizzy huh? where did the air ship come from and do they ever have one in that time period? remember air travel has not yet read the 200 year mark here.
Final Fantasy reference, I'm sure. The 'Cid' in Final Fantasys is invariably connected to an airship, if I recall correctly.
/kicks the internet over

e_voyager

i only remember Cid form 4 and 7 i never encountered him in the others i've played... well maybe tactics but it's been a while.

MT Hazard

Has anyone ever considered the dying breath curse of a cubi 'all your children will be monsters!' that and Sid does mention that adventurers do get exposed to a lot of magic in their duties. On the whole 'why doesn't he notice the clan mark thing' the only creatures they mention in conjuction with Abel are angels and demons.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alablast

That explains why dragons hate Cubi!  Dragons make excellent door-to-door vacumn cleaner salesmen (would YOU turn one away?); with the Cubi being part-vacumn cleaner the dragons are completly without a job!  It all makes sense!  :O

On the whole incubus finding May while the hubby's away... wouldn't the incubus kill May once he's done with her?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alablast on December 12, 2006, 06:26:31 AM
On the whole incubus finding May while the hubby's away... wouldn't the incubus kill May once he's done with her?

Depends what they were after.  If they simply wanted a child (somewhat like a cuckoo) to try and preserve their line, it would be in their interests not to kill her afterwards.

Remember, Abel's clan is near-extinct.. if it's because they were reviled among 'cubi, they would be forced to extreme measures.  (This would also apply to the Cid-is-the-'cubi argument)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*And then, the true soap-opera reality!*

*May*  Abel... it's time we told you the truth...

*Cid*  You're adopted.

*Abel*  :eek

*May*  Your real mother gave you up... cast you aside into the cold, cruel world with nary a thought to your well-being.

*Abel*   :C

*Cid*  So she could go on murderous rampages, glutting herself on the souls of beings.

*Abel*   D:

*May*  And her name is... Charline.

*Abel*  'A'

I like that idea.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on December 12, 2006, 10:30:46 AM
*May*  Your real mother gave you up... cast you aside into the cold, cruel world with nary a thought to your well-being so she could go on murderous rampages, glutting herself on the souls of beings.  And her name is... Charline.

Unlikely.  If the Creature-Being child tends to take after the appearance of the Being, as Amber suggests, that means that Charline was his father

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*points at Abel*  You're mom's a hermaphlodite!

*meh, South Park did that twist already*   ~_^
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

And then I am Abels mother...Anyone for Male Preg refs? XD

Aridas

Unless you want to be a being with spots too, I suggest you don't suggest that suggestion. >_>

Zedd

Well I do have spots on me...You just cant see em...

GabrielsThoughts

The truth is Xander is Abel's father, he traveled back in time to impregnate May while Cid was off playing hero and then decided to take the long way back, because he busted the time machine he made for SAIA's bi-centennial Science fair. This would also explian his pressence at SAIA some 300 years after the fact.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

but... he hasn't made a presence in the future. at all. >.>

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 12, 2006, 10:47:07 AMIf the Creature-Being child tends to take after the appearance of the Being, as Amber suggests

You've said this before--and earlier I was quoting it to other people.

And they didn't believe me, so now I'm curious as to where this comes from.

Searching the forums for ``cubi being appearance'' turns up nothing from Amber.

Aridas

the post didn't say anything about a cubi, as far as I know. She doesn't post THAT often, so a quick search through the latest posts by her might come up positive.

Nino

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 12, 2006, 01:57:31 PM
the post didn't say anything about a cubi, as far as I know. She doesn't post THAT often, so a quick search through the latest posts by her might come up positive.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1514.msg59347#msg59347

Actual Quote:

"What I do know of genetics plays into things, like for example in creature/being offspring, children tend to gain a lot of the physical appearence of their being parent. (Lorenda for example resembles a cow far more than a horse. Dan resembles his dad far more than his mom)"

ShiningShadow

Maybe the other incubi is actually Abel's real father impersonating as Sid. Who knows what happened till Amber clears this up on the parentage of Abel his parents etc. Then we will continue talking about this matter till no end.

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 13, 2006, 12:40:37 PMMaybe the other incubi is actually Abel's real father impersonating as Sid.

Wait...what other incubus?  Other than Abel?  That's been kicking around for a while.

Stygian

That implies such things that I am unable to put into words in this section... but that are so lewd...

In other thoughts, it seems to me almost like the offspring of a cubi and a being tends to adopt more of the appearence traits of the being. An adaptation for increasing the probability of survival, perhaps? What say you, Charles? *looks at him, while stalking behind Charline, clearly wanting to unsettle the cubi some way*

That way, there'd be a chance that Abel and Devin actually were related...