9/12/06 - Take out the trash!

Started by Gabi, December 08, 2006, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShiningShadow

All right Dev Ice attack cool. Anyway I'm glad to finally figure out that Abel is a female thanks Amber for that nugget. But I have a feeling that sniper is not dead if he or she or it has anticipated the ice attack then the enemy will teleport at that moment. We shall see what will happens next.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 11, 2006, 07:47:33 AM
All right Dev Ice attack cool. Anyway I'm glad to finally figure out that Abel is a female thanks Amber for that nugget. But I have a feeling that sniper is not dead if he or she or it has anticipated the ice attack then the enemy will teleport at that moment. We shall see what will happens next.

Uh. Abel is male.

The random dalmation in the crowd scene who happens to resemble Xander is female.

Perhaps you've been confused there somewhere? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

SORRY. My bad I was cast a confusion spell when I wrote that. Anywho what is androgyny anyway?

Roureem Egas

Androgyny is when it's hard to immediately tell if someone is a guy or girl.

Cogidubnus

Androgeny:
an·drog·y·nous Pronunciation (n-drj-ns)
adj.
1. Biology Having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic.
2. Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior.
[From Latin androgynus, hermaphrodite, from Greek androgunos : andro-, andro- + gun, woman; see -gynous.]
an·drogy·nous·ly adv.
an·drogy·ny  n.
See both Dan and Abel.

e_voyager

l that's a good one though i doubt that Dan would agree. he prefers to be considered masculine not that it shows when he does not has a sword in hand.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on December 11, 2006, 02:14:49 PM
l that's a good one though i doubt that Dan would agree. he prefers to be considered masculine not that it shows when he does not has a sword in hand.
.. or even sometimes when he -does- have a sword in his hand...

I'm thinking #384, but looking at it, he's not too bad there.... I'll have a hunt and see if I can find something to defend my ideas :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zorro

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 09, 2006, 02:44:00 AM
Quote from: thegayhare on December 09, 2006, 02:38:54 AM
Quote from: Grenn on December 09, 2006, 02:15:15 AM

He still knows it, but at this point I bet he's just too scared. I mean, the kid hasn't really seen any battle in his life before this.

Exactly
Abel may know magic but he's not a warrior here he's a librarian,  that's not a career that prepares one for a pitched magical battle.

Speaking as a sniper (battlefield: Galactic conquest  gotta love those deployable holo blinds) You may call it cheap but it's a perfectly legitimate combat tactic,  Snipers are usually lightly armored and armed with a high-powered but slow weapon so if we are caught in the open we're toast.  Ever try and pull off a hip shot with a sniper rifle unless you get lucky on that first shot your dead.

Besides this guy isn't a sniper.  This is an ambush yes but he's no sniper, he seems to be operating the magical equivalent of a machine gun nest.  He's pumping out a lot of fire  but it's wild an inaccurate.  If he was a true sniper these folks only warning would have come when one of them dropped dead as is Xander had enough warning to draw an arrow, and Glory had a shield going.  If he's a sniper he's an embarrassment to us all.

Xander on the other hand,  that boy was a good sniper.  Abel didn't know what hit him
Well, for one, bullets are a lot faster than balls of fire (I'm assuming, since Glory had time to see it coming and defend against it.)  Also, they're much less noticeable, I'm sure.  So  There's a big difference between a huge flaming ball of glowing-ness that you can obviously see coming, and a bullet travelling probably at least a mile in seconds.

Most RIFLE bullets travel at about 2800 Feet Per Second (30-06 150 grain bullet.)  Even a 5.56 MM NATO round is at 3250 FPS not that much faster.  That is 3/4 of a Mile a second.