Biggs in the creature council?

Started by Jack McSlay, November 30, 2006, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Interesting thingie on amazons, while we're on that subject.

Quote from: WikipediaThe name Αμαζών is probably derived from an Iranian ethnonym, *ha-mazan-, originally meaning "warriors". A connected word is probably the Hesychius gloss ἁμαζακάραν· πολεμεῖν. Πέρσαι ("hamazakaran: 'to make war' (Persian)", containing the Indo-Iranian root kar- "make" also in kar-ma).

The Greek variant of the name was connected by popular etymology to a- (privative) + mazos, "without breast", connected with an aetiological tradition that Amazons had their right breast cut off or burnt out, in order that they might be able to use the bow more freely; there is no indication of this practice in works of art, in which the Amazons are always represented with both breasts, although the right is frequently covered. Other suggested derivations were: a- (intensive) + mazos, breast, "full-breasted"; a- (privative) and masso, touch, "not touching" (men); maza, a Circassian word said to signify "moon", has suggested their connection with the worship of a moon-goddess, perhaps the Asiatic representative of Artemis.

luiqui

I seem to recall Mab stating that she lost that breast to cancer.

FlameSword

Definitely maybe though the head is the wrong shape *thinks hard* I know this is wrong but it almost looks human :[

bill

I've actually toyed with the idea of a human being in the CC for whatever silly reason.

Faerie Alex

Okay, I know this might just be an out-of-canon incident, but the human in the "Merlitz and the Human" arc obviously had to get to Furrae somehow. Perhaps a dimensional rift is known about only by a select few (those on the council) and thus, they have a human on it. Maybe to help keep other humans out.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

bill

Maybe they're just... hiding behind couches. Like the dinosaurs in Dilbert.  :B

superluser

Quote from: modelincard on December 03, 2006, 08:28:40 PMOkay, I know this might just be an out-of-canon incident, but the human in the "Merlitz and the Human" arc obviously had to get to Furrae somehow. Perhaps a dimensional rift is known about only by a select few (those on the council) and thus, they have a human on it. Maybe to help keep other humans out.

Hmmm.  The human didn't seem particularly clueful.

Maybe it's the son of whoever is on the creature council.

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 03, 2006, 08:29:14 PMMaybe they're just... hiding behind couches. Like the dinosaurs in Dilbert.  :B

The Couch of 95% darkness?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

bill

Hey, when's the last time you looked behind your couch? The plan could work.

Tapewolf

Quote from: modelincard on December 03, 2006, 08:28:40 PM
Okay, I know this might just be an out-of-canon incident, but the human in the "Merlitz and the Human" arc obviously had to get to Furrae somehow. Perhaps a dimensional rift is known about only by a select few (those on the council) and thus, they have a human on it. Maybe to help keep other humans out.
Merlitz knew how to find one to send the human back (and yes, this must be canon since the current arc is referencing it).  It might not be exactly common knowledge, but Merl certainly knew about it.

Now speaking from a practical point of view, if you wanted to go off and find humans, either you'd try to get hold of some way to manipulate dimensional gates, or you'd summon a Warp-Aci, since they can and do cut through the dimensional boundaries with their tails.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

A human on the council to farfetched maybe. I still think it's Biggs because if Destinia was with him all this time will she pull that same magic that Abel did to Dan to make him Alexsi? I think thats Biggs for sure mind you she's there at Twinks territory for some reason which we will know for a later time. But with that theory there which I stated it has to be Biggs for sure.

Alondro

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 03, 2006, 08:56:04 PM
Hey, when's the last time you looked behind your couch? The plan could work.

*Charles erfs*  I did look behind my couch once.  Where do you think I found Charline?  *sobs*  Don't let what happened to me happen to you! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

FlameSword

I just took a look and it denfinetley looks like a human. And because I love Star Wars... :starwars

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 04, 2006, 07:15:48 AM
Quote from: modelincard on December 03, 2006, 08:28:40 PM
Merlitz knew how to find one to send the human back (and yes, this must be canon since the current arc is referencing it).  It might not be exactly common knowledge, but Merl certainly knew about it.
I was thinking that since it was said that Dice wanted to use the incident, perhaps his girlfriend created the illusion of a human. As for Merlitz's knowledge of the gate, I'm not sure about that. Maybe it's common knowledge among adventurers, such that they'll know what to do with a human if they found one.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: modelincard on December 04, 2006, 10:48:57 PM
As for Merlitz's knowledge of the gate, I'm not sure about that.

"Well we made up, and I told him the way to the nearest dimensional gate."
--Merlitz, #59

QuoteMaybe it's common knowledge among adventurers, such that they'll know what to do with a human if they found one.
Merlitz doesn't seem to know how the human got there until he's talked to him somewhat.  By implication he also knows the location of multiple gates..

superluser

You know, everyone seems to be overlooking one thing--

What if gates and the knowledge and locations thereof are more common in Furrae than in the human dimension?

What if there's one gate in the human dimension, located on the continent of Mu beyond the Guardians of Infinity and usable only to those who have read and understood the eldritch symbols of the Voynich Manuscript?

But in Furrae, there's a dimensional gate in every 7-11, right behind the Slurpee machine, with instructions on how to use it in three languages?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 05, 2006, 05:33:51 AM
You know, everyone seems to be overlooking one thing--
What if gates and the knowledge and locations thereof are more common in Furrae than in the human dimension?

That's actually the basis of the 'Marooned in 1968' arc in my story :P

ShiningShadow

I don't know if a human is here in Furae then this world will be in shock and dismayed but the ruthlessness of the human. That's why in Furae they feared humans for that reason of destruction etc. If this is true that a human is on the counsel then Furae is in a lot of trouble to deal with this matter.