Biggs in the creature council?

Started by Jack McSlay, November 30, 2006, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Toast on November 30, 2006, 01:34:51 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on November 30, 2006, 01:24:43 PM
Unlikely. Although he may be there as a representative of the TT, I doubt anybody really pays attention to what he says.

I'm more interested by whoever that is in space #2. Fae, obviously, and I'd guess, going by outline, one of the "big cat" types. But it's probably nothing important. :P

I was thinking equine. :O Although I'm probably wrong.
No, you're right.
http://www.missmab.com/Demo/fae.php
(Look towards the bottom.)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 30, 2006, 07:29:54 PMSince when do servers and hex editors exist as real-world tools?

Well, godmoding, spamming, and player-killing have all been mentioned in the strip.  e-mail has also been mentioned, and you can't have e-mail without servers.  Hex editors wouldn't be too far-fetched, especially for one strong with the twink.

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on November 30, 2006, 07:39:37 PM.. Do you think that's air you're breathing?   :mwaha

Think that's scary?

HOW DO YOU GET TO SHELL BEACH?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  I'm most interested in knowing who that feline-looking incubus is on the creature council.  Kittah?  Destania herself?  Destania's clan founder?  Questions questions! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Teroniss

Alright, I may be speculating, but look:

I took the 3rd panel person from here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_366.php

I then focused on the chest itself, increased the image size and embossed it to bring focus to the 3 dimensional details.

That thing on his chest looks like a B, speculation or no.

Miaka

Just random and going by the fact that they're shown up before....

That character you guys are thinking is biggs, the ears are too small and the muzzle far too short, which leads me to think more human than anything...

Speculating, and more likely than not, about as far off as you can get.

Merlin

I always thought the figure in cell 3 was a human, and any lookalikeiness to Biggs was coincidence.

ShiningShadow

I say he's a card carrying member at the council why? because he has the abilities as a Twink to cheat at everything and has unlimteless magic at his disposal. I bet he changed his appearance so nobody will figure out who he really is. The B on his chest confirms it and also why Lorenda's mom will mentioned his name and the council at the same sentence because she's knows Biggs is part of that council that's why.

Aridas

If he did, he wouldn't get people to do his dirty work and be a complete sissy. >.>

Arcalane

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 01, 2006, 07:12:27 AM
I say he's a card carrying member at the council why? because he has the abilities as a Twink to cheat at everything and has unlimteless magic at his disposal. I bet he changed his appearance so nobody will figure out who he really is. The B on his chest confirms it and also why Lorenda's mom will mentioned his name and the council at the same sentence because she's knows Biggs is part of that council that's why.

The problem with twinks is they generally lose power as they leave their 'home'. This is why Biggs is rarely seen outside the TT - his 'powers' (if any, which I doubt) would dwindle and become ineffective once he entered somewhere that at least vaguely follows the laws of physics, biology and genetics.

See, at least in a standard roleplay-type scenario, most people just ignore them. The more ignored a twink is, the more their powers weaken. Ignore them entirely and eventually they just get a clue and give up or change. The problem is, as soon as someone starts paying attention who isn't either the DM or an Admin, they recover their losses. Hence why TT still survives, even if ignored by the outside world, because they just can't ignore one-another. Self-powered situation, as it were.

Aridas

Quote from: Sheridan on December 01, 2006, 07:25:07 AM
The problem with twinks is they generally lose power as they leave their 'home'.
I remember hearing that somewhere. I forgot, but now I remember. And that makes a whole lot more sense.

Izkata

Quote from: superluser on November 30, 2006, 08:15:37 PM
HOW DO YOU GET TO SHELL BEACH?

When was the last time you saw the sun in this city?

(I cannot believe I almost forgot about that movie!)

terrycloth

Quote from: Teroniss on November 30, 2006, 09:38:47 PM
I then focused on the chest itself, increased the image size and embossed it to bring focus to the 3 dimensional details.

g on his chest looks like a B, speculation or no.

Computer! Zoom in and enhance! :mowdizzy

Aridas

it looks more like a squiggly line. If it were a B, it'd be backwards, and I dunno if a backwards biggs is such a good idea...

Alondro

Actually, if you look at it carefully, it looks like some sort of little screaming skull.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Amber Williams

This is what I get for not simply using a 100% black and instead chose 95% since my monitor both showed them as pure dark. :3

Kasarn

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 01, 2006, 06:00:39 PM
This is what I get for not simply using a 100% black and instead chose 95% since my monitor both showed them as pure dark. :3

JPEG artifacts.
It looks like a single gemstone to me (big white splotch/line on one side and a small white point on the other)

Or... maybe it's a iPod... :3

Aridas

It looks like marbles embedded in his chest. D:

Arcalane

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 01, 2006, 06:39:02 PM
It looks like marbles embedded in his chest. D:

Well that would stop him from losing them.  :B

Jim Halisstrad

Wait.... so you actually have who or whatever that is sketched out in the original pre-computer colored strip?

If so, you should sell it on furbid.  You would make a FORTUNE.

*edit* Also, I don't think that is Biggs.  If you look very closely the jaw is way to square.  (Yay for brightness shenanigans)

Azlan

Quote from: superluser on November 30, 2006, 05:45:35 PM

1. Destania is Neni (no one's proven me wrong, yet).

I married a succubus???!!! *cries*
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Alondro

*looks at the spot more carefully... using high-resolution image analysis software*  It's Elvis AND Jesus!  Mab'll make a fortune on Ebay!   :U

luiqui

*sigh* You made me come out of lurking for this?

OK, here's my indisputable theory:

The shadowy figure is the council's amazon representative.

Fact 1: The shadowy figure looks identical to Hahwru. Too identical to be a coincidence.

Fact 2: That very Demonology entry states that Weres have no representation on the Creature council.

So, if she's on the creature council, she must be hiding her Were nature.

Fact 3: Hahwru is an amazon.

That's the only other relevant piece of information we have about her, and the only other reason I can think of why she'd be on the council. Why would an amazon be on the council if they're a 'class'? Perhaps some council big-wigs wanted a Were rep, but were aware that the race preferred to stay hidden, so they invited Hahwru to represent Amazons instead. This would have been accepted perhaps for similar reasons as to why people have thought Twinks would be there - they're highly influential, and have gained an honourary position.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Azlan on December 01, 2006, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: superluser on November 30, 2006, 05:45:35 PM

1. Destania is Neni (no one's proven me wrong, yet).

I married a succubus???!!! *cries*
That'd explain soo much. >:3
*patpats*

So.. Are you Dan's father? :rolleyes

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I guess that means that she doesn't want to tell us (yet).  :boogie
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Teroniss

Damn you and your obsure logic and usage of Demo 101 luiqui, damn it all to heck.

Though technically doesnt look completely like her either. We shall see

EvilIguana966

6 AD : Entrails
2006 AD: JPEG artifacts

While the technology for divination has advanced, the underlying methods remain largely unchanged.

Caswin

*Squints*

A sharp playing card thrown with uncanny accuracy.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

bill

God, soon folks are going to go through the archives, attempting to see if Amber's been using steganographic techniques to hide hidden messages in the low bits of .jpg noise.

No, that wasn't a suggestion.

Arcalane

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 02, 2006, 09:36:07 PM
God, soon folks are going to go through the archives, attempting to see if Amber's been using steganographic techniques to hide hidden messages in the low bits of .jpg noise.

No, that wasn't a suggestion.

Oh well, too late now! You've gone and done it now haven't you?

That should keep 'em entertained for a while. :B

icarus

'to date' is a relative term.

it's her.[/b] the glint is off the clasp that holds her tunic on. since as an amazon she's cut off one tit, we see a masculine chest profile in the shadow.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

superluser

Quote from: icarus on December 03, 2006, 08:49:34 AMit's her.[/b] the glint is off the clasp that holds her tunic on. since as an amazon she's cut off one tit, we see a masculine chest profile in the shadow.

You know, the myth that I heard was that one breast was bound, not cut off.  Anyways, that seems to be based on the theory that they could use a bow more freely, but since the longbow wasn't invented until c.1300 and the Amazon myth goes back to Homer (at least), it's unlikely to be true in any case.

Edit: It is, however, likely to be true that this Hahwru has one breast bound, since we see that in her profile.  It's just not an Amazon thing (Unbound in 707 and 709).

Also, since longbows have probably been invented by now in Furrae, the bound breast thing may have been since adopted.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?