The Belly-Up Tavern -Beware the Purple winged angel-

Started by familyghost, November 28, 2006, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

Right then. And she won't listen when you explain this? Hmm... Boogey's claws clicked together once or twice, like someone twiddling their fingers, Madam, I understand that you have little reason to trust those here. Suffice to say that while he is capable of many unsavory acts, killing without reason is not amongst them. What has he told you so far of the other circumstances regarding your partner's death? The self image stirred a bit, surprizing him, Stygian, I don't think I can keep the rest of me unconcious much longer.

Snuggles

"Alright" He line up then takes a step back "oops almost forgot the line on the ground" takes out his brush again and draws a line on the floor that also come into this time. (i forgot the first time and almost this time again he stops time for a sec while drawing) Then lines up again and fires off the first set. The first two go off of the board and the next one hits a one. "Man, i have got to get back in my groove." walks over draws a point on the board takes off the darts and walks back. "your turn"

Mel Dragonkitty

"My turn to guess. Because you got to her pretty fast there wasn't enough evidence of possession for these so called magical control people to find. Double your apparent guilt because items went missing." Mel shook her head, "Do you have any sort of a plan beyond eliminating any agents that come across you? Because if that's the plan I have to say that it would be more efficent to take out the entire agency at once and be done with it." It was impossible to tell if Mel was joking or serious because she was still using the light sweet soothing voice.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Kitsune Ascendant

*steps up to the line*

[pulling her hand back, Moonsoul rockets the first one towards the board, and it impacts the 7 with a rather loud thunk. making a few minor adjustments to her position and posture, moonsoul then looses the second dart, hitting the 13 this time. the third dart makes a beeline for the split between the 20 and the 1, ending up on the 1 side.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Snuggles

"MMmm good shots" and starts to mark down the shots.

Cogidubnus

"Speaking of shots!" The man said, draining his glass, "would it be possible to get another glass of this fine nectar? I do verily believe that it could scrape the tar off a wheelbarrow."

He turned his attention to Stygian.
"Now, it may be the fact that I am liquored up but good, and plan to get moreso, but from what I can see, our mutual friend of Mr. Jack is talking to a group of tentacles and a lady eating a pile of gemstones, whilst silencing and interrogating an otherwise helpless woman over there. Now, I'm not one to meddle." He said, upturning his empty glass to catch the drops. None came down.

He stared at his glass woefully. "I would wish nothing more than the peaceful and beneficial resoloutions to this situation. Indeed, I would like nothing more than to intervene on her behalf."

He half-smiled. "However, the machiavellian group there do all seem to be more than they appear, and alas, though I am prepared for martyrdom, I would prefer to postpone it.

He motioned to Wraith. "This calls for another drink."

familyghost

e_voyager

(OOC : s time any kind of drink is fine not that i've had my water recharge.)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

familyghost

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on December 04, 2006, 01:40:13 AM
hmm. seems like things are winding down here.

anyways, I don't think I ever got a straight answer as to what kind of food you serve here, though that pizza sounds good.
Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on December 04, 2006, 08:18:12 AM
Turning to face Babs Pal took a good look at the succubus (some of the time was spent imagining what was under the schoolgirl outfit). "Thank ye lass." He said as he took the drink and sipped. "Damn that'd be a DR800 vintage, how the hells did ye get those lovely hands on that?" Surprised enough by the quality of the drink Paladin's mind shield dropped for a second which would allow Babs (if she had the ability) to catch an image of Pal's rendition of her.
Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 05, 2006, 01:25:50 AM
"Speaking of shots!" The man said, draining his glass, "would it be possible to get another glass of this fine nectar? I do verily believe that it could scrape the tar off a wheelbarrow."

He turned his attention to Stygian.
"Now, it may be the fact that I am liquored up but good, and plan to get moreso, but from what I can see, our mutual friend of Mr. Jack is talking to a group of tentacles and a lady eating a pile of gemstones, whilst silencing and interrogating an otherwise helpless woman over there. Now, I'm not one to meddle." He said, upturning his empty glass to catch the drops. None came down.

He stared at his glass woefully. "I would wish nothing more than the peaceful and beneficial resoloutions to this situation. Indeed, I would like nothing more than to intervene on her behalf."

He half-smiled. "However, the machiavellian group there do all seem to be more than they appear, and alas, though I am prepared for martyrdom, I would prefer to postpone it.

He motioned to Wraith. "This calls for another drink."

Wraith nodded to Spaz who carefully placed  menu by the kitsune who inquired about food.  Then Wraith turned to Paladin and gave a friendly nod.

"Glad you like it." Wraith said smugly as he turned towards the stranger who had been enjoying Wraith's special supply.  "Sure thing I got a special house mix.  Makes Tequila look like cough drops."  Wraith smiled as he ben under the bar and pulled out a large mason jar filled with a clear liquid.  "Bathtub whiskey, aka Moonshine.  Hope you have a healthy liver."

Meanwhile Perfection had vanished and the doors swung open once more.  This time they revealed a small, blue cloaked, figure with piercing red eyes.  The figure cast glance around before grumbling aloud; "Who ordered the freakin' pizza?".  It was Wraith's younger brother and he stomped inot the back before anyone could answer where he started the pizza and other possible orders for the night. 

Kitsune Ascendant

ooh, buffalo wings. but there's also burgers...

ah, what the heck. I said I was hungry. I'll take a green chili cheese burger with all the fixings and your largest order of buffalo wings.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Snuggles

Waka Steps up to the line again. And three shots one right after the other. it hits the 12, 5 ,and 13. "Awww i am getting back into it." and upon hearing the buffalo wings "Oooo, i would love some of them." He takes another swig of his drink as he marks down the score.

(OOC: Score is 21 Kitsune, 31 Waka)

Kitsune Ascendant

*pulls my darts out of the board and takes my place behind the line*

*now warmed up, moonsoul tosses the first dart, which lands on the 20. the next one lands within an inch of the first, and the third one somehow manages to get stuck in the back of the second*

um, how do you score that third one?

Snuggles

"I don't care how about another 20 then?"

Waka goes over to inspect the third then pulling his and Kitsune's darts and hand them over.

Steps behind the line again and fires them off this time it was dead on acute. the first one hit the double 20 then hit the triple 17's and hit just inside the 13 mark.

(ok if counting the third one as a 20 then it is 81 for kitsune, 135 Waka)

Kitsune Ascendant

well well. now that you're warmed up, I'm going to have to get serious. *picking her arrows, she then gives the board an eagle eye stare before hitting the bullseye, the double twenty, and the tripple 7*

Snuggles

Waka nods
"I see that you are very talented."

Steps up behind the line again a fires them off again at a fast pace. The first one lands on the 19, 10, and double 14.
"not so good as the last time but still good. You know i think that just made us tie for now"

(score just so you know 192 for kitsune, 192 waka)

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on December 04, 2006, 08:18:12 AM
Turning to face Babs Pal took a good look at the succubus (some of the time was spent imagining what was under the schoolgirl outfit). "Thank ye lass." He said as he took the drink and sipped. "Damn that'd be a DR800 vintage, how the hells did ye get those lovely hands on that?" Surprised enough by the quality of the drink Paladin's mind shield dropped for a second which would allow Babs (if she had the ability) to catch an image of Pal's rendition of her.

(OOC: Didn't notice this...I would have responded to this eariler in thread)

*Karl picks up on Pal's thought*

Karl: Uh, Soldier...Mind your Mind Shield...Even I that have a low-level telepathy can see/hear that thought.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stygian

Without warning, suddenly Stygian rose from his chair, and swung his arm around Cogidubnus' shoulders, slapping him on the back with a large hand, a smile on his face. For a moment as he talked his voice held an almost lyrical tone.
   "Good man, good king! Indeed, your words ring true, and for that, we shall toast on my expense. But I assure you, you have no reason to fear for the young lady. You could ask her yourself. We are all friends in this place, my companions as much as myself, even if it be that I have to still my tongue or step up or back that it may remain so," he said, chuckling. Then, his voice and face became more serious. "I appreciate your candour though. But before one can be a martyr, one must have a just cause. Now..." He let go of Cogidubnus and turned back to Mel and the Boogey.

The girl's head was still and her body was idly leaning back on her chair while her hands fiddled with a little notebook taken out of her pocket, but her eyes were almost painfully full with fear and distress and a little of it also crept onto her face.
   I was planning on planting a false trail and waiting for them to give up the chase, or possibly leading it on to someone whom I would want to see bothered. Like the Twinks, for example. That agency has ties, and I do not want to stir up a commotion if I am to take a break from things right now. Which of course means that what you mentioned about erasing her memory would be perfect, though I am afraid I would have to keep her for a while to tie up loose ends and plant some suspicions.

Mel Dragonkitty

These memories are easier to remove than the other. The older memories are the more entangled they get. She's thought about the death almost constantly so it's involved with every day. Today can just get lopped cleanly off the end. Even if it's several days it's easy enough to remove everything. The only problem is explaining the loss. Mel patted the girl's hand. "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt at all."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

familyghost

OOC: I won't be able to post tonight, I have a huge part of my upcoming final to finish and I'm kind of struggling to write it.  I'll have a fresh post up sometime tomorrow though.

Boog

Explination's easy. She's in a tavern, isn't she? When her partner went nuts and got killed, she dealt with it the old fashoned way. Got drunk out of her mind. There goes those last few days. The tentacles shuddered a bit, Annnnd yeah. That was most definatly my other half trying to wake up.

Stygian

The girl's veins in her face throbbed, and her short-furred muzzle almost contracted into a snarl. She was still close to panicking, but seemed to be getting very angry too.
   "No! You can't! She was like a sister to me, and I won't let her have died for nothing!"

I can restrain her easily, but if she keeps going like this she's either going to blow a fuse or knock herself out. Can you please do what you have to, Mel?

Boog

From the sounds of things, madam, she didn't. Boogey clicked his claws again, then realized that was probably distracting the poor girl and stopped, Now, according to what I've heard, she'd let loose something that was in that vault, and it possessed her. Stygian had to stop her from being a danger to others. Your partner died in the line of duty, doing as she knew she must. To go after Stygian will not alter whether or not she died, or the conditions thereof. Even if it did, I can't see how you could really honor her further. She's become a hero of sorts.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel put one hand on the girl's face and turned her to look directly at her. The quartz ring on Mel's hand began glowing softly. Mel's face went soft and sweet, almost childlike as she purred at the girl, "You're getting very upset. You don't want to be upset anymore, do you? It's been a rough day. A horrible day that you don't want to think about anymore."

Just as it always worked as soon as Mel mentioned the day it flashed to the front of the girl's memory, as if called. The automatic connection between hearing and thought worked in her favor. Normally Mel would copy the memory at this point but today she carefully plucked it out. She tried following it back to the death but, as she suspected, that memory was too deeply embedded for removal. She fuzzed it as much as she could.

When Mel removed her hand the girl blinked, almost jumped. "How... how did I get here? Do I know you?"

She has now lost much of today.

Stygian

Excellent, was all that Stygian thought. He walked back to the table.
   "You were almost assailed in the alley back there, remember? Here's your drink, by the way," he said, putting  a glass of fine bourbon on a coaster before her, and doing the same for himself.

Cogidubnus

The man whispered to himself as Stygian began to weave his tale to the unsuspecting maid.
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...." He chuckled mirthlessly.
His voice picked up. "Tell me good Wraith, is there - is there balm in Gilead?! Tell me, tell me, I implore - please, let this glass be empty - Nevermore!". He laughed, and pointed to the mason jar.
"White lightning? Truly, a man after my own heart. As to the state or health of my liver, I could not say, but I do my damndest to put it to the test." He passed his glass down the bar.

"Before I get descend into a delightful state of inebriation, anybody for checkers?"

e_voyager

"sure though int all truth i'm more of a chess player".  E walks over to Cogidubnus  smiles as  gestures to the table. " shall we play?"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

His eyes brighten. "Ah! I had not pegged anyone here as a fellow player - and I figured that I'd take what red and blacks that I could. But, perhaps, a warm up game before Kings and Bishops? It would seem that he Bartender is somewhat busy, so we might have time to play before, I drop straight to the floor." He snickered.

He sits down, and begins to put the pieces in their places. "It is of course, ungentlemanly to play without introductions." He offers his hand. "I've many names, and have been called many more, and have been many things to many people...but you can call me Cog."

e_voyager

E smiles. he too was known buy many names not all of them pleasant. E nods bowing slightly. " i am the summation f myself, Please call me e" with that e pulls out the chair and takes a seat.

Cogidubnus

"A pleasure to meet you." He looks longingly at the still-empty shot glass on the bar, and gestures to the board. "Any preference to red or black, E?"

e_voyager